Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #27796
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How are those shares of Aldi doing these days Rup?
Actually, I'm grilling Aldi ribeyes tomorrow, first time trying their meat.
I'll report the results tomorrow, if I can remember to.

07-10-2016, 06:28 PM   #27797
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
How are those shares of Aldi doing these days Rup?
Actually, I'm grilling Aldi ribeyes tomorrow, first time trying their meat.
I'll report the results tomorrow, if I can remember to.
No Aldi shares but the girls there do treat me special!

I have tried their meat a time or two and it was very good. However, since the Butcherman is one of my best friends, almost all of my meat comes from his shop. It is always superb. Plus...he smokes it for me for free. I like bacon wrapped sirloin patties from his smoker, and get them about once a month.

Seriously...90% of my grocery shopping is at Aldis. I know everything in the store and where it is at. Makes shopping fast and easy.

Fruit and veggies are excellent...and cheap. A box of strawberries....95 cents on Friday...blueberries....95cents ..avocados .25 cents each. Broccoli ...2 heads .89cents. Three nice yellow squash....69 cents. Just a few of the things I buy there often.

Regards & give us that meat report!
07-10-2016, 07:12 PM - 2 Likes   #27798
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Bickering and squabbling humming birds competing for sugar water.

If I can make a photo like this with the K5IIs, why would I want to spend money on a K3?
07-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #27799
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The "tomatoes on the vine" at Aldis are pretty damn good. Nothing beats home grown from seeds of old classic stock, but for store bought they are pretty fine.

Milk...Fresh at Aldis and give you at least a 10 day date. Last week....$1.29 a gallon.
The milk is lucky for you. The lowest price here is GBP1 for 4 pints (real pints, not the little ones they use in US). Still that makes the milk here about double or just more that for you. The farmers here complain that they get not enough.

07-10-2016, 10:17 PM - 1 Like   #27800
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
The milk is lucky for you. The lowest price here is GBP1 for 4 pints (real pints, not the little ones they use in US). Still that makes the milk here about double or just more that for you. The farmers here complain that they get not enough.
Yes, it is difficult to get a 'full pint' here in the states.

07-10-2016, 10:39 PM   #27801
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't mind a dark ale in winter at all ... I rode up amongst the tree ferns and mountain ashes the other week to the old logging town of Toolangi and dropped in for a local variety. Warmed me up for the descent back to the car. Snapped with a little Samsung Mini NX.

07-11-2016, 03:01 AM   #27802
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
No Aldi shares but the girls there do treat me special!

I have tried their meat a time or two and it was very good. However, since the Butcherman is one of my best friends, almost all of my meat comes from his shop. It is always superb. Plus...he smokes it for me for free. I like bacon wrapped sirloin patties from his smoker, and get them about once a month.

Seriously...90% of my grocery shopping is at Aldis. I know everything in the store and where it is at. Makes shopping fast and easy.

Fruit and veggies are excellent...and cheap. A box of strawberries....95 cents on Friday...blueberries....95cents ..avocados .25 cents each. Broccoli ...2 heads .89cents. Three nice yellow squash....69 cents. Just a few of the things I buy there often.

Regards & give us that meat report!
Wow, that's cheap! It's winter here so the only fruit and veg that are reasonably priced at the moment is citrus and apples. Apples from $2.50 / kg. (2.2lbs=1kg) Mangoes - $1.00 each. Tomatoes are a complete rip-off at the moment at $8.99/kg. Cucumbers $5 each!

07-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #27803
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Farmers everywhere claim they don't get enough for whatever crop they produce.
07-11-2016, 05:07 AM   #27804
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Farmers everywhere claim they don't get enough for whatever crop they produce.
That's just the thing. The farmers are not getting these prices - somewhere, a middleman is creaming it!
07-11-2016, 05:23 AM   #27805
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Wow, that's cheap! It's winter here so the only fruit and veg that are reasonably priced at the moment is citrus and apples. Apples from $2.50 / kg. (2.2lbs=1kg) Mangoes - $1.00 each. Tomatoes are a complete rip-off at the moment at $8.99/kg. Cucumbers $5 each!
I bought a single large cucumber for a big salad last week. At Aldis it was .10 cents. Somehow they have strawberries year around as well as most other fruit and veggies....and they are always cheap.
I also buy all my chocolate for my Chocolate Girlfriends at Aldis. They have a nice assortment of very fine gourmet chocolate at prices over half of any other store in town.
I hear they are opening over 600 new stores in the next two years. Should make a lot of happy new customers! I am seeing more and more "upper class" Aldi shoppers. When they first opened some snobbies said Aldis was for "poor people". I was in there last week and ran across one of my old customers from the most expensive neighborhood in the county.....I asked her what she was doing in a place like this...where she had to bag her own groceries? She laughed and said after paying my plumbing bills all those years, she was dead broke!
Then she said she loved the fruits and veggies...and the prices, as well as all the Aldi brands that were most often better and always cheaper than the big grocers in town. Even rich people are not as dumb as they may seem!

Regards!
07-11-2016, 05:47 AM   #27806
Veteran Member

At my local Aldis the customers are mostly Walmart opposites.
Lots of youngish gals in skin tight leggings with bodies made for the attire.
It's a shopping distraction, but I suffer through.

There are some old gray haired, like me, shoppers too.
07-11-2016, 05:56 AM   #27807
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Lots of youngish gals in skin tight leggings with bodies made for the attire.
You're not that far away from me.....maybe I could try your Aldis once a month? Most here are middle age or older...and dressed accordingly. A few are younger and a little on the trashy side......I kinda like that! I saw one last week that had a particularly supportive bra.....as I got closer I observed that she had no bra at all....I liked that even better!
07-11-2016, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #27808
Pentaxian

This just in: According to the Internet growing a Rose plant from a Rose Cutting is Unique! Imagine that! A rose bush from a rose cutting..... What will they think of next.... ?
07-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #27809
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
What will they think of next.... ?
Cloning a box of premium bacon in your own living room as you watch TV.
07-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #27810
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
This just in: According to the Internet growing a Rose plant from a Rose Cutting is Unique! Imagine that! A rose bush from a rose cutting..... What will they think of next.... ?

Isn't that how roses are propagated?