Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #27871
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just to make life more interesting, I seem to have picked up a bug. (No, not a bee) Seven vials of blood taken - so they can try to figure out what it is.

07-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #27872
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Just to make life more interesting, I seem to have picked up a bug. (No, not a bee) Seven vials of blood taken - so they can try to figure out what it is.
You guys have strange diseases over there...right? What are your symptoms? I've been damn lucky...hardly ever even get a cold and haven't had the flu in over 30 years. But....I do realize no one is immune to everything.

Regards!
07-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #27873
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You guys have strange diseases over there...right? What are your symptoms? I've been damn lucky...hardly ever even get a cold and haven't had the flu in over 30 years. But....I do realize no one is immune to everything.

Regards!
Well, here's the thing. It could just be some virus. But, it may not be. December 2014 I ended up in hospital for a week and lost 15kgs and my liver and spleen nearly packed up. They never figured out what it was. Since then I've had 3 more similar bouts of something, but never as severe as that time. I've been tested for all the normal things and for quite a few less common diseases. I've been X-rayed and MRI scanned from head to toe, had lumbar punches, and many, many blood tests, and so far it's still a mystery. They're now checking for Malaria.

Symptoms: Headache, Low-grade fevers, hot and cold, very dark urine, fatigue and here's the odd one: Lower legs and feet and hands feel as if I've run a Marathon and got beaten up.
07-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #27874
Veteran Member

Well, here's the thing. It could just be some virus. But, it may not be.
Parasitic virus maybe? Read this..... 4 Common Infectious Diseases Spread By Raccoons

They are no the only animals that carry deadly parasites. Kinda scary stuff. But...all of life is scary.

Regards...and hope they can find the problem.

07-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #27875
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, here's the thing. It could just be some virus. But, it may not be. December 2014 I ended up in hospital for a week and lost 15kgs and my liver and spleen nearly packed up. They never figured out what it was. Since then I've had 3 more similar bouts of something, but never as severe as that time. I've been tested for all the normal things and for quite a few less common diseases. I've been X-rayed and MRI scanned from head to toe, had lumbar punches, and many, many blood tests, and so far it's still a mystery. They're now checking for Malaria.

Symptoms: Headache, Low-grade fevers, hot and cold, very dark urine, fatigue and here's the odd one: Lower legs and feet and hands feel as if I've run a Marathon and got beaten up.
Sorry to hear that. I hope they figure out what is going on!
07-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #27876
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I suspect the "very dark urine" is a significant sign here. That can be a sign of muscle tissue damage. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a connection between that and your leg/feet symptoms.
07-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #27877
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Sorry to hear that. I hope they figure out what is going on!
Thanks.

07-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #27878
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Parasitic virus maybe? Read this..... 4 Common Infectious Diseases Spread By Raccoons

They are no the only animals that carry deadly parasites. Kinda scary stuff. But...all of life is scary.

Regards...and hope they can find the problem.
We've eliminated Lepto. It was a suspect for a while. Also Cryptosporidium.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 07-13-2016 at 05:08 PM.
07-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #27879
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I suspect the "very dark urine" is a significant sign here. That can be a sign of muscle tissue damage. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a connection between that and your leg/feet symptoms.
Yes Jim - You're right. So far the urine tests have not shown anything significant though.
07-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #27880
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On doxycycline hyclate for lyme disease. Picked up a tick in Alabama 6 weeks ago and the rash didn't heal. doc says this will get rid of it and he is glad I didn't wait and allow it to go chronic.
07-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #27881
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
On doxycycline hyclate for lyme disease. Picked up a tick in Alabama 6 weeks ago and the rash didn't heal. doc says this will get rid of it and he is glad I didn't wait and allow it to go chronic.
We suspected Lyme Disease for a while. Not that. Good thing you got right onto it!
07-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #27882
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
We suspected Lyme Disease for a while. Not that. Good thing you got right onto it!
Yeah, but i can't go out in the sun for a couple weeks due to the antibiotic.
07-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #27883
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Yeah, but i can't go out in the sun for a couple weeks due to the antibiotic.
True. But, as a plus, any other bacterial infection you may have picked up is likely also killed by the Doxy!
07-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #27884
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mark,
I just wanted to say that I hope the problem is resolved soon, very soon.
07-13-2016, 08:15 PM   #27885
Veteran Member

A while back there was a TV program that could scare the wits out of you......."Monsters Inside Me". There are an amazing number of parasites that cen infect humans and some are deadly. Many are extremely hard to diagnose....and others are fairly harmless and live in most all of us.

I have a story I am dealing with currently ......about three tiny bites smaller than a pinhead appeared on my right arm. First they showed up...about 6 weeks ago...then about a week later a red circle outlined them...about the size of a quarter. Another couple of weeks and the circle filled in with all red. another week and all the red was gone.....then a scaly place appeared and is getting larger...it is small, but painful if you touch it. About the size of 1/3 of a small raisin.

Now...what is strange is this is the exact same thing that happened on my left wrist several months back...and it turned out to be a type of cancerous growth. One that is known to grow rapidly and then deplete itself and fall off without intervention. Some pathologists are hesitant to call it cancer, others not.

My question is...what bit me, and is whatever it was responsible for the growth? My guess is it was a spider, but I am not certain of that.
I'll most likely request to have it frozen off with nitrogen this time....surgery is not necessary if it is the same as the last one.

Any speculation on this crazy story? I am at a loss for a rational explanation.

Regards!