Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2016, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #27916
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go back to the last page for all the shots......

Finished headliner

Name:  DSCF0369-800.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  484.1 KB

Truck looks great inside and out!
Name:  DSCF0354-800.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  699.0 KB

They were doing all new interior on this 30s Studebaker...a real gem!
Name:  DSCF0363-800.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  603.6 KB

Hey Racer...did I do better with the pictures this time?

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 07-14-2016 at 05:12 PM.
07-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #27917
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That Studebaker is gorgeous.
07-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #27918
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That Studebaker is gorgeous.
In real life it is perfect.....or will be when the interior is done. The rest is like it just came out of the factory. Studebaker made some of the ugliest cars ever....but this is not one of them!

For going on 17 my truck looks pretty good too! Mrs Rupert even rode in it with me tonight, something she has refused to do in the past. She should be proud....used her debit card to pay for the work!

BTW- The girl is Joe's granddaughter. They give her a really hard time, but as long as she can avoid any real work she doesn't seem to mind!
07-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #27919
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Real nice how they did those seats in the matching fabric. That Studebaker is a stunner. Imagine finding headlamp lenses for that car!

07-14-2016, 10:59 PM   #27920
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

Come on up and I'll give you a personal guided tour.
I'd like that - my wife and I were shown through the NBC studios by one of the Jay Leno show staffers, and nothing beats an insider for a guide.

I would bring several bottles of Australian wine as a gift ... some of them may even be drinkable!

No Vegemite, I promise.
07-14-2016, 11:01 PM   #27921
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
News from Farnborough this week. Airbus will reduce production of the 380 to about 20 per year. So far 178 made. Seems it is not selling very well. But it has got past the breakeven number.
The airline business is a tough trade. QANTAS has scraped through in recent years - falling oil prices helped.
07-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #27922
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I'd like that - my wife and I were shown through the NBC studios by one of the Jay Leno show staffers, and nothing beats an insider for a guide.

I would bring several bottles of Australian wine as a gift ... some of them may even be drinkable!

No Vegemite, I promise.

Vegemite would be OK. Something I have never had but won't rule out until I give it a go.

07-14-2016, 11:09 PM   #27923
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey Racer...did I do better with the pictures this time?

You done good Jim.

Looks like there were some cigarette burns in the old seat fabric. I didn't know that you smoked.
07-15-2016, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #27924
Veteran Member

Looks like there were some cigarette burns in the old seat fabric. I didn't know that you smoked.
Don't smoke...they were there when I bought the truck years ago. Always been going to get new upholstery, but you know how it is......when you are busy you just never get around to things that require much effort.......and going into the city and spending all day requires effort.

He was able to match the fabric because he had what was most likely the only roll of original fabric in the State. It saved me a lot of cash since the seat backs were still perfect, as was the center console.

The truck looks great now and so I won't be shopping for a new truck......leaves a lot of cash available for new lenses or whatever other gear I may want.

I have always been a Ford truck guy, but this little Ram has changed that. It has been a wonderful and trouble free truck. Just plain and simple, but it gets the job done for my needs, which are mostly just hauling animal feed nowadays.
A good radio, icy cold air, heat to cook a pizza on the dash and good gas mileage. Plus.....since it hauls all that squirrel feed, squirrels never even consider chewing up the wiring.
07-15-2016, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #27925
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Send that my way!

Been playing too much pokemon go lately.

Such an engaging pursuit.

Two men fall off cliff near San Diego while playing Pokemon Go | WTKR.com

Productive too.

Young brothers playing "Pokémon Go" find loaded handgun in Clark Co. field | KIRO-TV
07-15-2016, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #27926
Veteran Member

No pokemon games here...just plenty of cold beer on a hot July day for thirsty squirrels......

Summertime...and the livin' is easy!

Two beers can put one away for an hour or two.
07-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #27927
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The airline business is a tough trade. QANTAS has scraped through in recent years - falling oil prices helped.
About 2000 the FinReview had a weekend article about airlines that said that the aggregated investment in airlines through history was approximately equal to the total payments and share price changes for investors.

---------- Post added 07-16-16 at 05:51 AM ----------

Vegemite would be OK. Something I have never had but won't rule out until I give it a go.

I follow the rule with foods I have not tried. If lots of people like it it cannot be too bad. Give it a go, the worst that can happen is I do not like it.
07-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #27928
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I follow the rule with foods I have not tried. If lots of people like it it cannot be too bad. Give it a go, the worst that can happen is I do not like it.

That is my approach too.
07-15-2016, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #27929
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not to be confused with the Jack Lalanne rule on healthy eating. "If it tastes good, spit it out."
07-15-2016, 12:41 PM   #27930
Pentaxian

Just had a dinner of fish and chips, with pea and Tartar sauce accompanied by Breeding Punk IPA. Good. Since I have serious eating to do in the coming week I must not eat more.