Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2016, 01:45 AM   #28186
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
What ?! You didn't see any wild bacon ? Very strange.
Even pictures of bacon couldn't be posted, I'm afraid...

07-29-2016, 01:53 AM   #28187
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
We went to La Rochelle on Wednesday to visit the aquarium and the city. A lot of Pokemon there and I think that Justine passed into level 13 ...
I never compete with youngsters in any computer related game. I hate losing

Of course, these games have quite different criteria for leveling - but both of them invite to cooperation as much as to competition.
07-29-2016, 05:20 AM   #28188
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another shot to start your day off right........

Chicken Fried Bacon....the ultimate Texas candy.

This is also most delicious with country style bacon grease based cream gravy and big fluffy soda biscuits for breakfast. With the sauce I had it is great for lunch or dinner.....or both. In reality, you can eat bacon for every meal and don't need much of anything else.....just sides like fried okra and those big biscuits and gravy.

I saved a tiny piece of the Chicken Fried Bacon for the squirrels to see what they thought....and was going to get a shot of one testing it out, but as I went outside with it one jumped me from the roof, grabbed the bacon strip and ate it before I could even catch my breath.......so I guess I can safely say it is a big hit with squirrels too.

---------- Post added 07-29-16 at 08:06 AM ----------

I was roaming around here...as usual...and came across this in the joke thread......

It answers the question we have so often (Those of us with higher intelligence than a field mouse) ........."What's wrong in America....what's wrong in the world?" So damn funny...so damn sad!

07-29-2016, 07:51 AM   #28189
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I was roaming around here...as usual...and came across this in the joke thread......

It answers the question we have so often (Those of us with higher intelligence than a field mouse) ........."What's wrong in America....what's wrong in the world?" So damn funny...so damn sad
I refuse to believe she was serious.

PS, Can we get Rupert banned for showing us his CFB on here? Seriously!!!!!

07-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #28190
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
It's tempting.
07-29-2016, 08:10 AM   #28191
Veteran Member

Yes....she was serious.....I see worse and often. My barber, bless her heart, explained to me yesterday that the Constitution was brought to America on the Mayflower, and she was thankful the ship arrived safely or we would not be the nation we are today.....and yes...seriously. I had no reply, she was holding a razor.

Jealousy! It's gonna be one of my favorite eating places I do believe!

BTW- My buddy that ordered the CFS sandwich ordered the small one......our waitress explained that the large one would take longer to serve since they had to wait for more help to arrive to carry it out.

This little town has been saturated with great eating places. Like gas stations, we have one on every corner. Today I want to try the new Ham Shop......I've heard the food there is superb...photos to come if we go there tonight. Mrs Rupert wants to celebrate her birthday and she is treating me......she has finally started drawing her Social Security and her paycheck .....and is rolling in cash! By golly, I was indeed a visionary 50 years ago when I spotted her!
07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #28192
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

We're getting closer to having peppers.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
07-29-2016, 08:33 AM   #28193
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes....she was serious.....I see worse and often. My barber, bless her heart, explained to me yesterday that the Constitution was brought to America on the Mayflower, and she was thankful the ship arrived safely or we would not be the nation we are today.....and yes...seriously. I had no reply, she was holding a razor.
You deserve a big brain award for that.
07-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #28194
Veteran Member

I've heard the food there is superb...photos to come if we go there tonight
I'm wanting to try this sandwich from a fairly new place in St Louis:
"The Mother Clucker sandwich at Byrd & Barrel is made with fried chicken, caramelized onion, Provel cheese, hot pepper jelly and Red Hot Riplets on a sesame bun."

from Wiki:
"Red Hot Riplets is a kind of spicy potato chips made and sold in St. Louis, Missouri. Red Hot Riplets are ridge-cut chips covered with hot chili pepper and sweet barbecue powdered seasoning."
07-29-2016, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #28195
Veteran Member

Wonder if Bert would like schmacon?
Pretty sure I would!

07-29-2016, 09:58 AM   #28196
Veteran Member

"The Mother Clucker sandwich at Byrd & Barrel is made with fried chicken, caramelized onion, Provel cheese, hot pepper jelly and Red Hot Riplets on a sesame bun."
We may not be the sharpest tacks in the box here, but we know how to eat....all of us but Bert.

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
You deserve a big brain award for that.
It was hard, and I bit two holes in my tongue, but I am alive and might not have been if.....

The difference between reality and what people believe is staggering to the mind, isn't it?
07-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #28197
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

It answers the question we have so often (Those of us with higher intelligence than a field mouse) ........."What's wrong in America....what's wrong in the world?" So damn funny...so damn sad!

ORIGINAL - Please Move The Deer Crossing Sign. HILARIOUS STUPIDITY. Must Hear!! - YouTube

What is tragic here is that there really are people who are this dumb.

In my travels I saw many attempts at creating a safe crossing for wildlife and motorists , all at great expense, and not entirely effective.

Along highways in Wyoming and New Mexico for instance the roadway is cordoned off with a very high fence, too high for the deer and elk to jump over. Every 1/2 mile or so are berms on the highway side, leading to an opening in the fence. The idea is that the animals that might wander into the road right of way can go up the berm, and then jump down to the relative safety beyond the fence, but cannot jump back up and get onto the highway.

Not sure of the effectiveness.

In Idaho (and a couple other states that my pea brain cannot remember) the highway is again fenced off in a manner that keeps those pesky deer and elk from wandering out in front of hapless motorists. Every few miles a very large overpass has been constructed, to allow these wild animals to cross the hazardous highway in relative safety, for them as well as the motorists.

Again, the effectiveness is not readily apparent.

Both of these measures are quite costly to install and maintain. It would be interesting to see a cost to benefit analysis.
07-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #28198
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
We may not be the sharpest tacks in the box here, but we know how to eat....all of us but Bert.

It was hard, and I bit two holes in my tongue, but I am alive and might not have been if.....

The difference between reality and what people believe is staggering to the mind, isn't it?
Yep! Your barber OTOH does NOT deserve a big brain award! Now if you want to see utter nonsense get on social media. It is amazing what people believe.

Of course it may not matter after today! End of the world predicted for July 29 | WISH-TV
07-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #28199
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm sorry to deviate from the bacon, cheese, and incomprehensible stupidity, but I must say I am impressed by how well thought out the GR is. The people behind it should be awarded with big brain thinking awards adorned with gold and studded with diamonds. I have read so many good things about this camera and I'm still very, very impressed. Just brilliant.

Did I mention that I got myself a GR?

Now, that's a darned good reason for not buying a K-3!

07-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #28200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Did I mention that I got myself a GR?
From reading your appraisal of the GR....I never would have guessed you got yourself one! I bet my barber would never have guessed it either!

I was so full from my fantastic meal yesterday that I skipped Mrs Rupert's pizza & painting party for her deaf class last night.....I was a little irritated when she came in and there was no pizza for my raccoons...and she knows it is their favorite!

Name:  Pizza Party.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  501.1 KB

She spends so much time working for the benefit of the deaf and reminds me I could be doing some work myself with all my spare time to benefit others less fortunate......

Hell, I deliver chocolates at least once a week to the needy girls in town, what more can you expect from a guy with two broken feet and late stage dementia???

Voice......I hope that is not correct......I am so looking forward to eating at that new Ham Shop for Mrs Rupert's birthday this evening. Maybe it will all end after dinner?