Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
07-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #28201
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Yep! Your barber OTOH does NOT deserve a big brain award! Now if you want to see utter nonsense get on social media. It is amazing what people believe.

Of course it may not matter after today! End of the world predicted for July 29 | WISH-TV

The novel The HAB Theory was a combination of fact and fiction regarding Pole Shift Hypothesis.

This is nothing new, as far back as 1872 Charles Étienne Brasseur de Bourbourg wrote a paper regarding it.

If something like this does happen none of us will be able to do anything about it.

Maybe grab a surfboard and ride the tsunami wave.

07-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #28202
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just received a Care Package.

Thanks, Jim!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G900V  Photo 
07-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #28203
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Wonder if Bert would like schmacon?
Pretty sure I would!

https://youtu.be/mFV9HkFQE-Q

I eagerly await the arrival on the shelves of my friendly neighborhood grocery store!
07-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #28204
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote

Thanks, Jim!
You're welcome! .....Just proves that Mrs Rupert has no understanding of my many charitable deeds! She also has no understanding that it is her cash that finances them...let's keep it that way! I never let on to my Chocolate Girlfriends that Mrs Rupert pays for their treats....and I think Otis is right...it's just Big Brain Thinking at work!

BTW- Otis is trilled at the sight of those growing youngsters! Too bad you are not here, he is handing out big fat cigars!

07-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #28205
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, Jim!
That's... very touching. Actually, I'm fairly fairly certain that you'll shed a tear or two when eating those

It'll be interesting to hear which of them had the most kick.
07-29-2016, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #28206
Veteran Member

Thanks, Jim!
I smell a bribe.

07-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #28207
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I smell a bribe.
Wow? That really hurts...to think anyone would even consider old honest Rupert, known for his integrity, clean living and high moral standards to ever contemplate a bribe. I can't imagine anyone less likely to go corrupt and try to influence one of our beloved Mods? In fact, I had forgotten all about Jim being a Mod.....I just think of him as a guy that doesn't answer his phone and has no recorder to take a message. Maybe he has no friends calling and doesn't need a recorder...or he is afraid to answer the phone fearing it may be a long lost love wanting to wreck his life......I can relate......

How can a little popcorn be considered a bribe anyhow? Now if it was some of that Chicken Fried Bacon, we'd be talkin' a whole different ballgame!

To show I am not bribing Mods....any Mod that will send me their address will get the same popcorn order Jim got........what could be more open than that? Orders limited to the CONUS and available only to those age 18 and over...that is some serious corn! For others parental consent is required. Not responsible for gastrointestinal malfunctions, choking, or damaged mouth and throat tissue. Flame proof microwave required.

07-29-2016, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #28208
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I seem to recall a box of hotsauce bursting into flames around you in the past.
07-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #28209
Veteran Member

I think someone is threatening to send me a lutefish....I can't be certain, but it gives me a very uneasy feeling......How much warning will the aroma give me...any lutefish experts here that can answer that?

---------- Post added 07-29-16 at 11:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I seem to recall a box of hotsauce bursting into flames around you in the past.
You just imagined that......
07-30-2016, 06:08 AM   #28210
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I think someone is threatening to send me a lutefish....I can't be certain, but it gives me a very uneasy feeling......How much warning will the aroma give me...any lutefish experts here that can answer that?

---------- Post added 07-29-16 at 11:34 PM ----------

You just imagined that......
You shouldn't confuse lutefisk with surströmming. Lutefisk doesn't smell all that much. Surströmming does. An unopened tin can knock a grown man unconscious at 10 paces.

Surströmming is very much a Swedish thing, but as I understand it you'd want a slightly bulging tin for the, umm, "best" experience
07-30-2016, 06:13 AM   #28211
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
An unopened tin can knock a grown man unconscious at 10 paces.
So can a wet raccoon that just got out of the bird bath.
07-30-2016, 07:05 AM - 2 Likes   #28212
Veteran Member

Forget about Surströmming, it's bacontime boys and girls!

The tomato was fresh from my garden.

07-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #28213
Veteran Member

I forgot I have a gallery here at PF full of photos....full of memories.......reminiscing, I came across this one....one of my favorites. Seems like I shot this just the other day, but it was in 2010....how time flies!

K20D with a Pentax 645 2.8 75mm lens mounted.
]

You ever go back to old galleries and cruise around? Kinda fun!

The Ham Shop was closed last night so we didn't get to try it for Mrs Rupert's birthday. The new BBQ/Steakhouse was so packed there was not a single parking spot in the very large parking lot.
So...near starving, we ended up at KFC for a quick meal. I forgot how delicious their original recipe wings are....better than any of those "Wing Shops" by miles! Big juicy wings with those secret spices....the best!
07-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #28214
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
So...near starving, we ended up at KFC for a quick meal. I forgot how delicious their original recipe wings are....better than any of those "Wing Shops" by miles! Big juicy wings with those secret spices....the best!

Nothing beats Hooters teriyaki wings.

Not even the Colonel.

Oh, and they also have BACON WRAPPED WINGS.

Doesn't get any better than that.
07-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #28215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Nothing beats Hooters teriyaki wings.
Never been there Racer....but I do love Hooters...if they are "done right". Mrs Rupert makes the best teriyaki wings I have ever eaten.....slow cooked in the oven after pressure cooking for tenderizing, and the meat just falls off of them.

Most of the places here quick fry and the seasoning is added after cooking.....tough and tasteless except on the outside.

The very best wings I have ever eaten have been cooked in a pressure cooker. Nothing else comes close.

The wings at KFC are big and very good. better than average for sure, and the best of any around here.