Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2016, 06:43 AM   #28366
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That looks really great! We need to do our living room and I am having a hard time deciding between laminate or tile. I like both but for different reasons. Yours has a warm look .....I do like that!
Check out bamboo. That's what I put in.

08-07-2016, 06:44 AM   #28367
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dead raccoons all over my deck this morning
Might want to stick with tv dinners, of your own making, until this storm passes.
Better yet, get some of those mini blocks of Velveeta, just be sure to check the seals for tampering.
08-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #28368
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Might want to stick with tv dinners, of your own making, until this storm passes.
Better yet, get some of those mini blocks of Velveeta, just be sure to check the seals for tampering.
Some Big Brain Thinking again there! This morning I broke the seal on this Hummas Tray I got at Aldis the other day. Been wanting a new breakfast food, my corn chips and cottage cheese is still delicious, but after months of it every morning I need something new.

Aldi Hummas tray $3.99 Aldi corn chips .99 cents.
Name:  DSCF0047-800.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  545.7 KB

Almost like sawdust with not much flavor...excepting the green stuff in there....I think if I can get a little in the mouths of those dead raccoons it will revive them...though from the flavor they might not appreciate it??
This is my last go at hummus, I am just not a hummus person. I need flavor and some richness. I ate a little of this stuff and put it away.....went and cut me two big slices of that sourdough bread and a glass of milk ($1.29 gallon at Aldis!) and now feel satisfied!

I may go back to oatmeal...the old fashioned style of instant oatmeal is not bad. I just add a little water and microwave 30 seconds to warm it up...no sugar. Good for you...I assume?.......and not half bad for texture and flavor.

Regards!
08-07-2016, 07:42 AM - 2 Likes   #28369
Veteran Member

I have to have a hearty breakfast, like my nearly famous Egg McBob.

08-07-2016, 09:47 AM   #28370
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Ricah? Or Rica?

Adds a twist to the phrase, "Go to Hell."
08-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #28371
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Check out bamboo. That's what I put in.

We put bamboo in our home when we built it 8 years ago. Beautiful. Durable. Always gets comments from guests.
08-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #28372
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Bamboo is a beautiful, extraordinarily durable, rapidly renewable building material.
If we didn't have hardwood floors and I was going to install them, I'd use bamboo.
It only has, AFAIK, 1 drawback. It's hard on saw blades due to the minerals, sand, etc., that it entrains as it grows.

08-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #28373
Forum Member

eh, I'm curious now... What is all this thread about?
Just a place where you are allowed to talk about everything?
Spare me, as I don't have too much time to read all this 1892 pages...
08-07-2016, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #28374
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I like bamboo, very nice flooring.

I had a friend that had a wholesale flooring store about 15 years ago and he needed some plumbing work. He had a couple of cases of this left from a big job and we traded even...his installers installed it. It was the best laminate you could buy....a hardness factor of 10 and completely waterproof. I put it in our kitchen, dining room and hallway.The light color helps, our place is small and dark makes it smaller. Very easy to keep clean and virtually indestructible.

Name:  DSCF0050-800.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  378.8 KB

Name:  DSCF0049-800.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  469.1 KB

Not sure yet what to put in the living room/den area? I like tile too. Tile is colder but with my gas logs it hardly matters.

Regards!

---------- Post added 08-07-16 at 01:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
Spare me, as I don't have too much time to read all this 1892 pages..
We mostly post photos that are NSFW...naked girls to be more specific. In good taste and only for artistic purposes...nothing obscene, of course! Only after you have been here a year will they show on your screen. Meanwhile, if you own or buy a K3 they will never show for you. That's about it in a nutshell....We also love bacon...and a few love Velveeta....those will show on your screen now. I do suggest you start at page #1 and read forward if you have any hope of seeing the naked girls. If you are a girl, by all means, you are welcome here too.
Where do you stand on bacon and Velveeta? How about lutefish? We do have to limit the number of lutefish lovers here, for sanitary reasons.

Regards!
08-07-2016, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #28375
Veteran Member

We mostly post photos that are NSFW
To be clear, he means Not Safe For the Weak.
Here's some samples:
https://www.google.com/search?q=why+I+won%27t+buy+a+k3+(Warning:+Satire+Thre...w=1366&bih=677
08-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #28376
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Too late for that. By visiting this thread you have accepted the conditions - the first of which is to read each and every post.

The real test is to actually understand the meaning behind all the posts. Your mind is guaranteed to melt down in the process, but that's a price we have all paid in here, so stop complaining.
08-07-2016, 12:12 PM   #28377
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Adds a twist to the phrase, "Go to Hell."
I've gone through Hell every time I have visited Trondheim - you know, where Zoe stays a lot of the time. It's on the way from the airport. There's a hotel there, a train station, a nice shopping mall, and a small church.
08-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #28378
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry, Sasha. To participate in this thread you have to read all pages and score a minimum of 93 on the 500 question quiz.
We do, however, waive that requirement on occasion, and will do so in this case. (but only because it's an Olympic year)
Welcome to "The Thread About Nothing".
08-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #28379
Pentaxian

This thread is for when you get tired of thinking and or you have the inclination to look up Surstromming (sp?) salted road kill ... Umm Sea kill.... Not ever buying a K3 which I didn't, I bought dos.

---------- Post added 08-07-16 at 02:32 PM ----------

I woke up! At bedtime Mrs Rupert gave me a massage and some milk and fresh baked cookies, still warm. I don't care for butternut cookies so I gave them to the raccoons. Dead raccoons all over my deck this morning.......
Send the butternut nut cookies to me... I don't live that far....

---------- Post added 08-07-16 at 02:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Lol, those girls in the video... It ain't working
08-07-2016, 12:42 PM   #28380
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
This thread is for when you get tired of thinking and or you have the inclination to look up Surstromming (sp?) salted road kill ... Umm Sea kill.... Not ever buying a K3 which I didn't, I bought dos.[COLOR="Silver"]
Surströmming. And it's lightly salted (in order avoid rotting) and then fermented.

From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming):
QuoteQuote:
A fermentation process of at least six months gives the lightly-salted fish its characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidic taste.

When opened, the contents release a strong and sometimes overwhelming odour; the dish is ordinarily eaten outdoors. According to a Japanese study, a newly opened can of surströmming has one of the most putrid food smells in the world.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »