Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #28456
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
true story is I'm on vacation, with wi-fi hard to find and my mobile plan (which doesn't allow me to tethering) almost fully used... And I have to thank Vodafone, as they usually shuts off completely my data connection when I ran out of gigabytes for the current month... So, answering all of you with my mobile phone was out of the possibilities...

A little early in the month to be running out of data allowance isn't it?

QuoteOriginally posted by Sasha Quote
Sorry I made you wait... in the meantime I still lurked to this forum... Please, don't judge me for that :P

We aren't judgmental here.

Everyone is welcome.

08-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #28457
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I may not need it after all. Here's what the Doc had to say. The hemorrhoids are not that bad, mild really. What is bad, very bad, is the inflammation at the bunghole area, most likely caused by my diet that includes liberal amounts of acidic fruits that are agitated by more liberal amounts of very spicy foods and sauces. He said it sets of a chain reaction that just gets worse as it is repeated. He can do the minor surgery for the hemorrhoids after the raw area is healed, if it is even necessary at that time.

The prescription was an over the counter one....and when Mrs Rupert got home I had her go to Wallyworld and get it for me, since I refused to be seen checking it out. I think you can understand....

Already feel much better this morning! I go back next week to see how it is working. While I was there I got a punch biopsy on that place that came up on my arm. I'm pretty certain it is nothing serious and so was the surgeon, but he has a payment due on his new Mercedes and needed a little extra cash, so I agreed to let him "check it out". Our insurance has no co-pay and pays 100%....all I lost was a little skin and some blood when he hit an artery...but he sewed it up real nicely and his good lookin' young blond nurse held my hand while he did it!

This is going to help me be a kinder, gentler, Rupert. Yesterday I was about to fail......not much is worse that a bungled bunghole.

Regards!

Yeah, leave it to a woman to take care of the dirty work.

08-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #28458
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
We aren't judgmental here.
Tell that to poor young Bert! I am just thankful I was kinder and gentler to young Bert or I would feel really bad now.

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Yeah, leave it to a woman to take care of the dirty work.
Mrs Rupert is better lookin'....but was a little rough. I don't like rough.
08-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #28459
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If you think your day is bad at least you aren't having this day:

<-- it is really crappy.

08-10-2016, 11:33 AM   #28460
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
<-- it is really crappy.
I'd hate to be the repair plumber on that job!

Once about 20 years ago I was on site having a septic tank concrete lid removed so we could install new lines to the 750 gallon tank. The guy with the backhoe had a helper with a shovel to help keep the lid balanced as he lifted it off on a chain. It was a big heavy kid and he was new..and a little clumsy at what he was doing. I kept telling him to stand back from the sloping ground around the tank....but he didn't, and he went in head first. I had all the water cut off at the main and he had to wait several minutes until we could get a water hose on him...I bet it felt like forever. Nasty work...a part I don't miss!

Some plumbers around here use the "EPA" tactic on sewage line leaks under homes. Telling the homeowner they must go in using EPA and Fed safety standards...jacking up the price by well over an additional $500. for a simple disconnected or cracked line.
I never did that, but I did figure in the loss of all my clothes including my underwear and my boots. I used old clothes and boots.....when I could, to minimize the loss and the cost. A couple of bags of lime on the ground and a bath in strong bleach water when finished and I never caught any deadly disease......but I think I was just very lucky. You could sometimes walk away after a days work under there with over $1K clear...but you damn sure earned it. It's one of those things where "Somebody's gotta do it".
08-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #28461
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd hate to be the repair plumber on that job!

Once about 20 years ago I was on site having a septic tank concrete lid removed so we could install new lines to the 750 gallon tank. The guy with the backhoe had a helper with a shovel to help keep the lid balanced as he lifted it off on a chain. It was a big heavy kid and he was new..and a little clumsy at what he was doing. I kept telling him to stand back from the sloping ground around the tank....but he didn't, and he went in head first. I had all the water cut off at the main and he had to wait several minutes until we could get a water hose on him...I bet it felt like forever. Nasty work...a part I don't miss!

Some plumbers around here use the "EPA" tactic on sewage line leaks under homes. Telling the homeowner they must go in using EPA and Fed safety standards...jacking up the price by well over an additional $500. for a simple disconnected or cracked line.
I never did that, but I did figure in the loss of all my clothes including my underwear and my boots. I used old clothes and boots.....when I could, to minimize the loss and the cost. A couple of bags of lime on the ground and a bath in strong bleach water when finished and I never caught any deadly disease......but I think I was just very lucky. You could sometimes walk away after a days work under there with over $1K clear...but you damn sure earned it. It's one of those things where "Somebody's gotta do it".
While a thousand dollars for a day of work is good money I'd prefer to not be in the snakes, spiders, scorpions, muck, and poo. I imagine it was hard to find people willing to take the time to learn it, even harder than getting kids into school for engineering.
08-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #28462
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
While a thousand dollars for a day of work is good money I'd prefer to not be in the snakes, spiders, scorpions, muck, and poo. I imagine it was hard to find people willing to take the time to learn it, even harder than getting kids into school for engineering.
It wasn't all like that, but every so often it was "part of the job". I once had a referral customer that had a sewage leak under his deck..minor but nasty. He had two bids, each over $2K...they cited the EPA garbage to get the price up ridiculously high. His neighbor gave him my name and I did it for $125. plus about $20. in parts. I managed to put down a plastic barrier and stayed relatively clean under there......it was close to the edge.

Six months later he built a new home......yep, I got the job and a good job it was! So.....it's not all bad.

08-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #28463
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The prescription was an over the counter one....and when Mrs Rupert got home I had her go to Wallyworld and get it for me, since I refused to be seen checking it out.
So, I'm guessing you didn't try Velveeta first?
What's up with that?
08-10-2016, 03:12 PM   #28464
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
So, I'm guessing you didn't try Velveeta first?
What's up with that?
I'm gonna poke my mental eyes out now.....
08-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #28465
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I'm gonna poke my mental eyes out now.....
But you're okay with Mrs Rupert applying his Butt Paste?
08-10-2016, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #28466
Veteran Member

I vote we move the topic back to bacon.

08-10-2016, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #28467
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Money can't buy everything
but let's not get confused
the things that money cannot buy
are very seldom used.

Money can't buy happiness, but the more money you have, the more happiness you can rent.
08-10-2016, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #28468
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
But you're okay with Mrs Rupert applying his Butt Paste?
Ahahahahahaha I did private Home Health for a while and actually used the Boudreaux's Butt Paste on nether regions.... Velveeta..... Nope
08-10-2016, 04:39 PM   #28469
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

It wasn't all like that, but every so often it was "part of the job". I once had a referral customer that had a sewage leak under his deck..minor but nasty. He had two bids, each over $2K...they cited the EPA garbage to get the price up ridiculously high. His neighbor gave him my name and I did it for $125. plus about $20. in parts. I managed to put down a plastic barrier and stayed relatively clean under there......it was close to the edge.

Six months later he built a new home......yep, I got the job and a good job it was! So.....it's not all bad.
I am one who will gladly pay a person to do stuff like that so I don't have to.

I hate to say but I caught myself sounding "old" today when talking to someone about work. They want to go to college and get a degree, but they don't want to do any hard math, and they don't want to do a trade,so they are going for an art degree. I tried to explain that the term starving artist exists for a reason, and with a good engineering or computer science degree they can make good money and do their art on the weekends and on vacations, or in trades they can avoid all the higher math stuff and while it is hard work they can make as much as an engineer or computer science person. Nope! They want to get loans for nearly 80k for an art degree...
08-10-2016, 04:58 PM - 2 Likes   #28470
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

An art degree and $3.95 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.