Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
08-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #28531
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Jim, you're supposed to keep the wine in the cellar. Cold, damp, dark.
Hey, it's shoe polish! It goes on the shelf like any other shoe polish!

An URGENT message from Otis Squirrel: ...go ahead Otis....

Something is not right here, it is 75F at noon and it is the middle of August. Now we squirrels are just fine with it, no need to be concerned about us, but what about the little Pepper toddlers up north? If it is that chilly here it must be snowing like crazy and well below freezing in Pierre?
What measures are being taken to protect the fragile little guys from dying of frostbite...or worse, being flash frozen?

My advice is that anyone that has an old bicycle shop where they mostly don't answer their phone because they are sleeping or avoiding customers to waste time doing that "moderator stuff", convert it to a first class hothouse with adequate heat and lighting.

This will protect the lives of the little toddlers and any additional space can be used to grow other crops that far exceed the value of bicycle tires and hubcaps. You can burn a bicycle tire...I do it every winter, but you sure as hell can't smoke one!

I have the wives of all the Army Squirrels knitting little pecker size sweaters for the youngster peppers. They are using me as a model and they may be a little large, but they will grow into them, no doubt, as long as they don't get cold and suffer shrinkage. Damn! ...I hate shrinkage!

So I urge the caretaker of my little babies to do the right thing and take precautions to save the little guys before it is too late.

Regards
Otis Squirrel

08-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #28532
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hey, it's shoe polish! It goes on the shelf like any other shoe polish!

An URGENT message from Otis Squirrel: ...go ahead Otis....

Something is not right here, it is 75F at noon and it is the middle of August. Now we squirrels are just fine with it, no need to be concerned about us, but what about the little Pepper toddlers up north? If it is that chilly here it must be snowing like crazy and well below freezing in Pierre?
What measures are being taken to protect the fragile little guys from dying of frostbite...or worse, being flash frozen?

My advice is that anyone that has an old bicycle shop where they mostly don't answer their phone because they are sleeping or avoiding customers to waste time doing that "moderator stuff", convert it to a first class hothouse with adequate heat and lighting.

This will protect the lives of the little toddlers and any additional space can be used to grow other crops that far exceed the value of bicycle tires and hubcaps. You can burn a bicycle tire...I do it every winter, but you sure as hell can't smoke one!

I have the wives of all the Army Squirrels knitting little pecker size sweaters for the youngster peppers. They are using me as a model and they may be a little large, but they will grow into them, no doubt, as long as they don't get cold and suffer shrinkage. Damn! ...I hate shrinkage!

So I urge the caretaker of my little babies to do the right thing and take precautions to save the little guys before it is too late.

Regards
Otis Squirrel

Weather in Pierre is hot, highs expected in the 90's. There is a possibility of thunderstorms today, and hot weather is expected to continue.

Relax Jim, the babies are fine.
08-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #28533
Veteran Member

You tell that to Otis...he says the weather reporting is "rigged". He read it on the internet and says it must be true?

He wants a reply form the caretaker himself and some photos of the little fellows to make certain they are still alive and well. Me too!
08-15-2016, 11:42 AM   #28534
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

He wants a reply form the caretaker himself and some photos of the little fellows to make certain they are still alive and well. Me too!
Demand a picture of them together with today's newspaper! I know that's how it's supposed to be done - saw it on some news report out of Holywood or sumth'n.

Next thing you know he'll start sending you sap dripping pieces of new shoots in the mail

08-15-2016, 12:17 PM - 2 Likes   #28535
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

You tell that to Otis...he says the weather reporting is "rigged". He read it on the internet and says it must be true?

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Demand a picture of them together with today's newspaper! I know that's how it's supposed to be done - saw it on some news report out of Holywood or sumth'n.

Next thing you know he'll start sending you sap dripping pieces of new shoots in the mail

Straight from the Pierre Daily:

08-15-2016, 12:20 PM - 2 Likes   #28536
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
08-15-2016, 12:22 PM   #28537
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a photo from the cold storage freezer at the cannery Bob.

08-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #28538
Veteran Member

Straight from the Pierre Daily:
Well, that calmed Otis down, but only because it came from you Racer. He said he knows you wouldn't go so low at to fake a news article, like might happen with the "designated caretaker".

---------- Post added 08-15-16 at 02:25 PM ----------

Otis would like that!

@robtcorl- OMG! I can't let Otis see that! He would be horrified!
08-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #28539
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

He said he knows you wouldn't go so low at to fake a news article, .......

I would never do anything like that.

Nope.

Not me.

No way.
08-15-2016, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #28540
Veteran Member

I would never do anything like that.

Nope.

Not me.

No way.
Some of us are honest and have values....some are not. Otis trusts you....me?...not so much!
08-15-2016, 12:49 PM - 3 Likes   #28541
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, sorry to interrupt, but I got breaking news on our founding father!

08-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #28542
Veteran Member

Ah, sorry to interrupt, but I got breaking news on our founding father!
Guess we need to close the thread now.
08-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #28543
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Yep, too bad all the Mods are out looking for "Rupert Types" while this place goes to hell.

Otis says Jim is on his way to Texas and that is why we have this cold front. The last time he came down it snowed like crazy. But...in August? It's a crazy world, who knows?
08-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #28544
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Weather in Pierre is hot, highs expected in the 90's. There is a possibility of thunderstorms today, and hot weather is expected to continue.

Yes, it's cooled off from last week.
08-15-2016, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #28545
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
knightonhorse

bonk

« AF1 vs AF2 | - »