Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #28591
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That's a busy schedule! Then comes the weddings, college tuition...all the fun parts!

We only have one grandson left to graduate...he goes into the 8th grade this year. He may not make it......he has been suspended three times this past year. He is named after me, and his genetic code is definitely "Rupert Type".

He even looks the part....
Attachment 321946

Do you have boys? Girls? ...a mix? That would be a lot of work with them all so close together!
Yes. My eldest son is 17. My daughter will be 16 in two months. My youngest son is 14 1/2. His birthday is in January. In January, I will then have a 17 year old, 16 year old and a 15 year old.

My daughter has possibly found the great love of her life. They've been dating since shortly after my husband's death. They are good together and make a good pairing. I'm trying my best to stay out of it and let them navigate their relationship themselves, but she is still my minor child. I regularly remind them both of that. I honestly, given their personalities, don't see them breaking up. But we'll see.

My sons are not really dating yet. Which is fine because that means I get them all to myself a little longer!

08-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #28592
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
So, what do the letters signify? What letter is for what sport?
Boxing team. It was an off campus sport but recognized for a letter jacket. Mostly fun but not always...street fighting in the neighborhood was always more fun.....no rules...just winners or losers doing whatever it took. No guns no knives, no sticks or stones...just bare fists and your legs/feet. Teeth could be used...I almost bit a guys nose off once...had to, to survive!

My neighbor, who was a very good and skilled boxer once got the crapola beat out of him by a girl at a bus stop fight. She was called 'Bear" and it was no joke. Damn good street fighter she was! We never let him forget it. I made friends with her right away......Big Brain Thinking!

---------- Post added 08-17-16 at 06:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Yes. My eldest son is 17. My daughter will be 16 in two months. My youngest son is 14 1/2. His birthday is in January. In January, I will then have a 17 year old, 16 year old and a 15 year old.
You do have your hands full, but sound fully capable of it. I trust your daughter is not involved with a Rupert Type.....that would be a nightmare. It can happen to boys too.....my youngest son is on wife #4, and this time he has a sweetheart.

You do the best you can in raising your children and that is all you can do. Sounds like you are doing your best!

Regards!
08-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #28593
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You do the best you can in raising your children and that is all you can do.
I remind myself of that whenever I interact with our 17 year old.
Teenagers are like miniature lawyers.
08-17-2016, 10:28 PM - 4 Likes   #28594
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My wife knitted this for the birthday of our FDiL (Future Daughter in Law), who's a fan of the long-running British SF TV series 'Doctor Who'. It's fifteen feet long, and an accurate Series 12 or some such reproduction. Time machine not included, but the hat was.

08-18-2016, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #28595
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wouldn't know Dr Who from Dr What, but that is a cool scarf!
Pretty sure I have that same hat, as in wearing it on my avatar pic.

thread views: 919,830 and counting
08-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #28596
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I remind myself of that whenever I interact with our 17 year old.
Teenagers are like miniature lawyers.
My Dad had three degrees, one of them a law degree he used as a defense lawyer in the Army. He had footlockers full of law books and I used to study them religiously. It would infuriate him when I would throw out case decisions that contradicted his mandates on how I should do this or that. We had long conversations concerning the law, and he often admitted I held my own very nicely. It was my only interest in the law....and only for the purpose of antagonizing him.....and he knew it. I still have many of those old law books....fond memories of our late night conversations when I came in 2-3 hours late and found him waiting for me in a dark living room...ready to "lay down the law".

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
My wife knitted this for the birthday of our FDiL (Future Daughter in Law)
Wow! Now that is some hard work and superb it is! Curious...how long did that take her?

That reminds me....my Grandmother on my Mom's side was a quilter. She always had a quilting frame hung from her bedroom ceiling and was always working on a quilt. They were works of art and I think every family member got at least one. The ladies would all get together and work on them back in those days.
Times have certainly changed...now the ladies get together and go to those male strip clubs more often than quilting. My Granny would not have enjoyed that.....I don't think? I never saw any sign of a Rupert type in her character.

I can do blooms...just point the Bigma out my office windows and fire away! No need to get out a macro lens and enter the hot muggy atmosphere to get a shot. Just sip my coffee and shoot!

Regards! Give your wife my compliments on that gorgeous work!
08-18-2016, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #28597
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Wouldn't know Dr Who from Dr What, but that is a cool scarf!
Who's on first; What's on second, but it may not be the same Who.

08-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #28598
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Who's on first; What's on second, but it may not be the same Who.
Too many to field on a baseball field. But what about cricket ... ?

08-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #28599
Veteran Member

Good doctors/Bad doctors

I just got the stitches out of my right arm on Tues. The pathology report said it was another cancer like the one I had removed on my right wrist in May...or was it March?

Anyhow, the Surgeon Doc, a nice young guy...just out of High School?....had a little information to share with me.

He said "This is often referred to by pathologists as a benign cancer....which makes not much sense...but does because it almost always falls off in 2-3 months after a brief rapid growth where it outstrips its ability to survive. There is no need to go through the process of removing these when they are going to remove themselves." "Save yourself some time and unless they stay longer than a few months we won't have to deal with them."

He then gave me a prescription that would greatly speed up their demise, should new ones occur, which is most likely.

Now looking at the copies of his bills, he makes some fast easy cash with these removals. It costs me nothing with my fantastic insurance, but it does take up my time......time I could be wasting away or shopping at Aldis. So I do appreciate a "good doctor" that is not so cash hungry he will provide unnecessary treatment to make a few bucks!
08-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #28600
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Now looking at the copies of his bills, he makes some fast easy cash with these removals.
One night while on duty in the ER we were discussing the various specialties and their pros/cons. i.e income, stress level, etc.
The doc on duty said that if someone wants to be a doctor and wants easy, high income work with virtually no stress he recommends becoming a dermatologist and moving to the Boca Raton area.
08-18-2016, 09:42 AM   #28601
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The doc on duty said that if someone wants to be a doctor and wants easy, high income work with virtually no stress he recommends becoming a dermatologist and moving to the Boca Raton area.
Damn good advice!

I always thought gynecology would be a good practice to explore. Every time I see Mrs Rupert's Gyno Doc he has a big smile on his face?

08-18-2016, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #28602
Veteran Member

I always thought gynecology would be a good practice to explore.
I ain't touching that one........well, you know what I mean.

Doc looks a little too chummy to me.
08-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #28603
Veteran Member

I ain't touching that one........well, you know what I mean.
...I think I do!

Doc looks a little too chummy to me.
Great guy with a great personality. After the surgery he told me..."When I got the innards outtards, I did a little custom work I think you will appreciate." He was right and I did!
08-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #28604
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Every time I see Mrs Rupert's Gyno Doc he has a big smile on his face?

I dunno.

Not too sure I like the idea of some other guy checking out Mrs. Racer's hoo hah. No matter, her Gyno Doc is a woman.

Gives me that peace if mind, you know?
08-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #28605
Site Supporter

Obstetrics is a highly litigious specialty. People will sue your pants off if their baby dies or has an injury during birth that leads to disability.