Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
09-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #29101
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I know it's only a fish, but I liked that fish.
I can understand that feeling. My condolence to you and your family.

09-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #29102
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
On a slightly sad note:
Sorry to hear, Mark.

I have 5 very active goldfish in a 55 gallon tank near my desk.
If I forget the twice daily spoonful, they come to the front and watch me and start to flap around when I turn towards them.

On weekends they get brine shrimp which keeps them busy for about half an hour.

On the other pet front, the teenager next door brought home a kitten which is now a tom cat and becoming a nuisance.
Her father has now disowned the cat and said he is not going to feed it or take it to the vet.
So the neighbor on the other side is feeding it and I will take it to the vet.
09-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #29103
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Though not all that expensive, Mama Zuma may be too? Reviews were great...time will tell...Guaranteed to tell on Friday. With a six pack......
I had no idea what you were talking about until the Big Brown Truck stopped today.
Kettle chips, heat, sweet, and salt. It doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks, Jim!
Attached Images

09-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #29104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Thanks, Jim!

You're welcome....What the heck is in her hand and gunbelt? Looks like pregnant carrots...and what's with Route 11?

Take some down the street and try a couple on those waste disposal sea vultures....we have them here on the lake and I found they would even eat jalapeno slices......and come back for more. I guess they are the the possums of the sea....squirrels are much more particular.

Searching for traces of that peanut butter this morning.

Anyhow, I hope they are worth eating? I liked the package artwork ...strange as it was!

Regards!

09-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #29105
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Anyhow, I hope they are worth eating?
Well, I opened a bag "just to try a couple".
About 2½ minutes later I was talking myself out of opening a second bag.
(They're 2oz bags, not the 6oz pictured. I'm not that short on impulse control. )
09-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #29106
Veteran Member

2 oz bags? What a rip!Mama Zuma is a true bandit, I hope she chokes on one of those flaming carrots she carries around.
09-09-2016, 07:28 PM   #29107
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

2oz of potato chips is quite a large serving.

09-09-2016, 08:29 PM   #29108
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can understand that feeling. My condolence to you and your family.
Thank you Rupert.
09-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #29109
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
Sorry to hear, Mark.

I have 5 very active goldfish in a 55 gallon tank near my desk.
If I forget the twice daily spoonful, they come to the front and watch me and start to flap around when I turn towards them.

On weekends they get brine shrimp which keeps them busy for about half an hour.

On the other pet front, the teenager next door brought home a kitten which is now a tom cat and becoming a nuisance.
Her father has now disowned the cat and said he is not going to feed it or take it to the vet.
So the neighbor on the other side is feeding it and I will take it to the vet.
Thank you. Yes goldfish are not as dumb as most people think they are. This fish used to react every time I walked into the rumpus room. But ignored the rest of the household, as I'm the one doing the feeding.

A three household cat! What fun. We have a GAP (Greyhounds as Pets) retired racer, Sharkie (racing name Shark Bite) and two cats, and now only two goldfish. It goes without saying that Sharkie is a cat friendly Greyhound. Most Greyhounds are not. Something to do with cats being fluffy.

Sharkie is the dog nearest to the camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #29110
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's Sharkie and Milo.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #29111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
2oz of potato chips is quite a large serving.
I went back and looked at the info at Amazon....said there are approx 36 chips in a package.....so maybe it isn't so small? Eat up and enjoy!
Amazon Prime makes shipping easy...and free! I buy stuff all the time and ship it here and there to deserving friends!

Thank you Rupert.
I got a tear in my eye when my little desk buddy was killed in a window opening accident several years ago....I'm pretty soft for living things.....excepting roaches, chiggers, and mosquitoes.

He liked to stay around my keyboard, run up and down my arms and park himself on the back of my hands as I typed. He would quickly kill any errant mosquito that got in or tiny fruit flies and gnats. He was a happy little guy........I still miss him.

I love your doggies! I had a great uncle that raised Greyhounds up in the panhandle of Texas decades ago. They are wonderful animals!

Regards!
09-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #29112
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
On a slightly sad note: Our oldest goldfish (Which was named both Bruce and Crystal by the kids when they were small as we could not determine if it was a male or a female goldfish) died yesterday, age 12. I know it's only a fish, but I liked that fish.

Did you give Bruce and Crystal a proper burial?

09-10-2016, 10:26 AM   #29113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Did you give Bruce and Crystal a proper burial?
Burial at sea....very fitting!

Squirrels get a land burial.....there were over a thousand squirrels attending the services for Skippy Squirrel...sister of Otis, that failed to listen to her brother..."Stay off the ground!"

Cats are not my favorite critters.....

Not only was Mr Kitty a rabid killer.....he was proud of it.

I spared you guys the misery of a long Rupert Story by posting it elsewhere, but you might want to catch the video...it is wonderful!
Might as well click, you aren't doing much here anyhow!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/329525-gloom-doom-got-you...ml#post3768158

Regards!
09-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #29114
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Had a fun day today. It rained this morning, and I walked into town to get some stuff: a prescription of medicine, some cheese (from Jean's country of residence) and some lardy cake. Lardy cake is real good, even if it sounds bad. Then came home, and was a little wet. Stayed at home, and ate some of the lardy cake, some other cheese, bread and vegemite. And then in the afternoon I went to St Leonard's Church, at Eynsham, to abseil off the tower. There was a charity abseil event there today, run by someone I know who runs a charity operation to assist young people. Along time since I did anything like that. Must do it more. The tower was about 60-70 feet high. Then I talked to some of the other people there for a while before coming home.

Now having some Singleton Scotch from Dufftown. Pretty good. Picked it up on my last trip to an American brand of shop that calls its customers 'members' and requires payment of a fee to be a customer. Curious bit of language that, I do not get any kind of participation in the shop that I understand from the idea of being a member, such as a vote at their AGM.
09-10-2016, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #29115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Searching for traces of that peanut butter this morning.
just out of interest - do you have a Lightroom user preset called 'Squirrel'?