Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2016, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #29416
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Looks tasty!

Unfortunately I cannot consume such gastric delights anymore.

Unless I want to make another visit to the ER.
Yes, I might not contribute a lot to this thread but I did keep reading it and came across your plight. It is a very, very unfortunate turn of events. And turning to your memory of eating great food does not help either I gather... Perhaps you can visit the ER ahead of eating something you don't tolerate? That way any real harm could perhaps be prevented. The food should be worth it off course! Is there any food substance that is a candidate for such a special approach? And there is precedent. After al there are people that risk there life by eating blowfish.

10-02-2016, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #29417
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Perhaps you can visit the ER ahead of eating something you don't tolerate? That way any real harm could perhaps be prevented.

I could do that.

But it is likely they would simply advise me to avoid foods with fat in them.

10-02-2016, 12:16 PM - 1 Like   #29418
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I could do that.

But it is likely they would simply advise me to avoid foods with fat in them.

I understand and sympathize!
10-02-2016, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #29419
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Mark, my sincere condolences.

I see there is some concern about the pace this thread is growing. Let me offer my humble contribution with two pictures from my favorite food shop to steer you guys to some familiar territory...food!

Some delicious sausages with cheese in the background.

And some bottles of shoe polish.....eh wine! I bought a good bottle of chablis, some cheese and got a free, small, french cheese from a very nice lady serving me.
What a lovely two photos! And thanks for your comments. We're having the wake today and funeral tomorrow morning. Us cyclists will all go in our lycra and take a front wheel as a sign of respect.

10-02-2016, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #29420
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Apparently, vegetarians live 8 years longer than the rest of us. 8 miserable years deprived of bacon!
10-02-2016, 03:34 PM - 2 Likes   #29421
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Apparently, vegetarians live 8 years longer than the rest of us.
Apparently, vegetarians exist 8 years longer than the rest of us
10-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #29422
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a lovely two photos! And thanks for your comments. We're having the wake today and funeral tomorrow morning. Us cyclists will all go in our lycra and take a front wheel as a sign of respect.
I wish you and your friends a very good last goodbye. Share your memories and stories these days and you will have a more complete understanding of your friend and his impact on the world around him. At least that was my experience after my mother died 15 years ago (much to young). It is one of the few positives when something like this happens.

10-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #29423
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You're right. It presents the opportunity to give closure - it's an important part of the mourning process. But, much too young.
10-03-2016, 01:23 AM   #29424
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Apparently, vegetarians exist 8 years longer than the rest of us
You've said it! And what an existence it must be.
10-03-2016, 05:57 AM   #29425
Pentaxian

True Science brought to you by the "Seventh Day Adventists" How long does it take to poke hole in this nonsense? The 8.3 years is an American phenomenon explained by the number of overweight Americans. In this particular instance, vegetarians are less likely to be overweight. With fewer obese folks on their side of the study the vegetarians come out really good. But we already know obesity has serious health consequences, so nothing new here, and that is what the study measures.

If they want to do a study to prove vegetarianism means you live longer, they need to match the weights of the vegetarians with the weights of the meat eaters. A clear example of the research being misrepresented by the researcher, based on the researcher's religious convictions. One of the 60% of studies where the data doesn't support the conclusions.

The meaning of the study is exercise, keep your BMI low. It doesn't really say anything about vegetarianism.
10-03-2016, 05:58 AM   #29426
Veteran Member

Apparently, vegetarians live 8 years longer than the rest of us. 8 miserable years deprived of bacon!
Go pescetarian - even healthier, and you get to enjoy amazing seafood. Salmon, sole, trout ...
10-03-2016, 06:07 AM   #29427
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Go pescetarian - even healthier, and you get to enjoy amazing seafood. Salmon, sole, trout ...
I adore seafood, but these days slightly less since I discovered the existence of Cymothoa Exigua... It's irrational that I should let it bother me, but it does...
10-03-2016, 06:29 AM - 2 Likes   #29428
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I adore seafood, but these days slightly less since I discovered the existence of Cymothoa Exigua... It's irrational that I should let it bother me, but it does...
You cannot hide, it WILL happen to you!

10-03-2016, 06:54 AM   #29429
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

^^^ Yep, that's what got me started reading up on it!!
10-03-2016, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #29430
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
True Science brought to you by the "Seventh Day Adventists" How long does it take to poke hole in this nonsense? The 8.3 years is an American phenomenon explained by the number of overweight Americans. In this particular instance, vegetarians are less likely to be overweight. With fewer obese folks on their side of the study the vegetarians come out really good. But we already know obesity has serious health consequences, so nothing new here, and that is what the study measures.

If they want to do a study to prove vegetarianism means you live longer, they need to match the weights of the vegetarians with the weights of the meat eaters. A clear example of the research being misrepresented by the researcher, based on the researcher's religious convictions. One of the 60% of studies where the data doesn't support the conclusions.

The meaning of the study is exercise, keep your BMI low. It doesn't really say anything about vegetarianism.
Although I like veggies and eat as healthy as possible I am far from being a vegetarian. I really enjoy a steak or bacon, or steak wrapped in bacon, or more bacon or chicken, or tuna, or salmon, mmmmmm. And I weigh 130 lbs. Does that steak and chicken include gravy? Yes it does. I just cut out the MSG.