Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2017, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #34141
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The thing is big enough to haul Jim's Maine Coon cat around.
Would be perfect for Otis Squirrel......think of all the posters in this thread he could visit!

Nighty-Nite...I am worn out, but had a very productive day. I took out 4 bags of trash in time for the scheduled pick up, put paper towels in two dispensers, even though only one was mentioned on Mrs Rupert's list, and then did pretty much nothing the remainder of the day but rest to recover. I think I deserve a day off tomorrow to recuperate!

Regards!

03-14-2017, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #34142
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What a list of things to do. And the volunteerism demonstrated through the extra towel dispenser filled.

Near time to get up here.
03-15-2017, 03:32 AM - 2 Likes   #34143
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How about some π ?
I would never turn down a slice of Dutch apple pie, embellished with raisins and cinnamon, warm from the oven with a scoop of creamy French vanilla ice cream. ------ Excuse me, I need to get something from the kitchen
03-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #34144
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I would never turn down a slice of Dutch apple pie, embellished with raisins and cinnamon, warm from the oven with a scoop of creamy French vanilla ice cream. ------ Excuse me, I need to get something from the kitchen
I'd substitute cheddar cheese for the ice cream; but either way I'm hungry now.

EDIT: I'm over it. All I had to do was imagine the slice of pie with Velveeta instead of cheddar.
Killed the appetite straight away.

03-15-2017, 06:10 AM   #34145
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
All I had to do was imagine the slice of pie with Velveeta
Thanks, now I'm starved for Velveeta-ed apple pie !!

My dad used to say "Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze."
03-15-2017, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #34146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
What a list of things to do. And the volunteerism demonstrated through the extra towel dispenser filled.
I won't go that extra mile again like with the paper towels. Mrs Rupert showed no appreciation for my extra effort, and complained wildly that I only did two things on the long list she left me. She had no sympathy for the fact I was totally exhausted from the hard days work. Women have little appreciation for all we do, and the more you do, the more they expect. It is also a case of female conspiracy....my Mom always sides with Mrs Rupert, even though I am her favorite son.

Love pies.....not much of an apple pie fan, but a tart cherry pie will always get my prompt attention!

My Mom makes me four of these a year...two for my birthday and two for Christmas. Heavenly is the right word....Some rich vanilla ice cream over a hot slice of this delight is my favorite treat. I have been known to consume an entire pie and a half gallon of ice cream at one sitting.....it's not hard to do!

Regards!....Took the day off today, I deserve it after yesterday!
03-15-2017, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #34147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A local fruit-vege stand, which because of intense customer loyalty has expanded with a deli, good meat, excellent fresh sea food, etc., makes about the best pies I've ever tasted. I love their Dutch apple, cherry in February in honor of Washington, and their blueberry which is way better than any other blueberry pie in my experience. Really dense with berries, with only a modest amount of thickened sauce.

03-15-2017, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #34148
Pentaxian

This is pretty cool. The thing is big enough to haul Jim's Maine Coon cat around.

Rc Biggest F4U Corsair 400ccm Super Moki - YouTube
Ah, the sound of radial power... As a kid I loved watching the show "Baa Baa Black Sheep" about Pappy Boyington and his Black Sheep squadron. Nothin' in the world sounds as sweet as a full-throated roar from those big ol' radials...

Except maybe the sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin V12 sitting in a hydroplane. Maybe...

Jim
03-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #34149
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
my Mom always sides with Mrs Rupert, even though I am her favorite son.
Your mother had no choice... you had to be her favourite son...
03-15-2017, 09:39 AM - 1 Like   #34150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
blueberry which is way better than any other blueberry pie in my experience.
I make a half decent blueberry pie in about 5 minutes. Buy a pre-made graham cracker pie crust, fill half full with Jello vanilla pudding...the stove made variety, not instant....dump a can of blueberry pie filling on top....cover with rich whipped cream. Pretty decent for just a few minutes prep.

I thought of making one today, but I'm off today and it would be more work than I want to do.

Regards!
03-15-2017, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #34151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Ah, the sound of radial power... As a kid I loved watching the show "Baa Baa Black Sheep" about Pappy Boyington and his Black Sheep squadron. Nothin' in the world sounds as sweet as a full-throated roar from those big ol' radials...

Except maybe the sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin V12 sitting in a hydroplane. Maybe...

Jim
it is amazing

we had a crop duster who worked around a couple of the towns I took care of
he used a gorgeous red stearman
when he flew over the donut shop (between jobs) half the geezers would stand out in the parking lot looking and listening

my father-in-law was in the pacific in wwii
he said a lot of the air cover they got was from spitfires
he didn't watch war movies or documentaries much
but when the sound came out of the speakers
he would just grin and say...spitfire

Last edited by ccc_; 03-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.
03-15-2017, 10:01 AM - 2 Likes   #34152
Veteran Member

I make a half decent blueberry pie in about 5 minutes
I make a darn good impossible blueberry cream pie, came up with it by altering Bisquick's impossible buttermilk pie by subbing cream for the buttermilk and adding blueberries.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup baking mix
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/2 to1 pint fresh blueberries

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Beat together sugar, cream, baking mix, melted butter or margarine, vanilla, and eggs until smooth. Pour filling into pie plate.
Sprinkle blueberries over entire top.
3. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.

03-15-2017, 11:11 AM   #34153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I make a darn good impossible blueberry cream pie, came up with it by altering Bisquick's impossible buttermilk pie by subbing cream for the buttermilk and adding blueberries.
Looks and sounds delicious...I'm gonna try that.....not on my day off, of course!

Regards!
03-15-2017, 11:11 AM - 2 Likes   #34154
Pentaxian

From FB ... we are not alone.

Viral Thread - This kid is all of us
03-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #34155
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
it is amazing

we had a crop duster who worked around a couple of the towns I took care of
he used a gorgeous red stearman
when he flew over the donut shop (between jobs) half the geezers would stand out in the parking lot looking and listening

my father-in-law was in the pacific in wwii
he said a lot of the air cover they got was from spitfires
he didn't watch war movies or documentaries much
but when the sound came out of the speakers
he would just grin and say...spitfire
One of the women delivery pilots of anything in WWII was honoured yesterday at Bride Norton RAF base. She is now 100. Flew anything RAF used, solo from factory to first base,. She said her favourites were Spitfire and Wellington bombers.

---------- Post added 03-16-17 at 05:41 AM ----------

I won't go that extra mile again like with the paper towels. Mrs Rupert showed no appreciation for my extra effort, and complained wildly that I only did two things on the long list she left me. She had no sympathy for the fact I was totally exhausted from the hard days work. Women have little appreciation for all we do, and the more you do, the more they expect. It is also a case of female conspiracy....my Mom always sides with Mrs Rupert, even though I am her favorite son.

Love pies.....not much of an apple pie fan, but a tart cherry pie will always get my prompt attention!

My Mom makes me four of these a year...two for my birthday and two for Christmas. Heavenly is the right word....Some rich vanilla ice cream over a hot slice of this delight is my favorite treat. I have been known to consume an entire pie and a half gallon of ice cream at one sitting.....it's not hard to do!

Regards!....Took the day off today, I deserve it after yesterday!
Sounds a familiar story about lack of appreciation.