Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2017, 03:59 AM   #35401
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome back Rupert!

Now come visit your squirrel thread, members in there are anxious for your return.

04-23-2017, 07:13 AM   #35402
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Someone said I was dead and gone.....Nope, just visiting Squirrel Heaven for a heavenly meal!"

Cooking Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich - How to Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich
Hey Rupert, it's nice to be missed isn't it? I was pretty well gone all last week, setting up a new computer, and a great member here actually cared enough to track down by phone; my grandson to see if I was OK! Now, that is a big part of what makes this site so special!

Anyway, glad you're ok, and back, Rupert!

BTW, I shouldn't be posting in this thread, considering I did buy a K3
04-23-2017, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #35403
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Well, it was Otis that convinced me to come back around. He did it by having his Army Mess Hall make me that bacon sandwich and promise one a week for the rest of my life....which he suspects will be pretty short if I eat them regularly!

Watch the video...so delicious! it is as close to heaven as I have ever been!
Cooking Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich - How to Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich

To all of you guys that have welcomed me back around and said some kind words, I thank you more than you can imagine. I have lots of good friends here and am always looking to add more.

Otis is on a campaign to add new additions to the Otis Appreciation Society and is requesting new members, not to appreciate Otis or his squirrels (though he won't mind that at all!) but to form a more robust group of posters that are willing to help other Pentaxians any time they find an opportunity. Maybe a new member with questions, a struggling shooter with problems, or simply to be more active in replies to posts where a comment might be appreciated. Far too many posts go without comment and the poster feels that he/she is not "worthy" or their work is not appreciated...and sometimes it isn't spectacular, but does deserve encouragement and a few kind words. Members of the Otis Appreciation Society can do that. If you have some spare change rattling around, it also doesn't hurt to donate and upgrade a plain Pentaxian to a higher status. It increases their participation and their "sense of community". Whatever you can do and present yourself in a manner that brings respect to the Otis Appreciation Society and its members will go a long way in spreading the message that we can all work together....including squirrels!

Anyone that needs help in adding the logo can contact me or Mark Jerling. He was the originator of the Otis Appreciation Society and its wonderful Seal!
He is also a wonderful guy,friend to me and to the squirrels as well as to all here. Otis says he is in for some kind of fabulous honors in the future...which, knowing Otis, is kind of scary?

Racer...loved those photos and your welcome back..as I did from all. We appreciate you so much!

Bert......Thanks!...... but Otis says he will send you one of those bacon sandwiches if you won't play the bagpipes for him!

Best Regards!
Rupert

Lookin' out for my friends!

...but mostly waiting for the sap to flow again!

---------- Post added 04-23-17 at 09:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Anyway, glad you're ok, and back, Rupert!

Thank you Carol! Otis said the "K3" thing is OK and suspects there are several here that are K3 owners, but just not as honest as you are?

He also suspects that Bert is still a bacon hater, despite his insistence that he isn't? I'm just in neutral on it, but if Bert isn't a bacon lover that sandwich would sure make him one!

Yep, this is a great place...despite my differences with a few (very few) squirrel haters, I have NEVER trashed PF or the great friends I have here. Wonderful place it is! Where else can old codgers post and be heard and feel a little "needed"......even if we aren't all that important. Mrs Rupert makes me feel important at home....but I think she is faking it?

Best Regards!
04-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #35404
Veteran Member

It's okay, since you already have one - you won't be buying one...

He also suspects that Bert is still a bacon hater, despite his insistence that he isn't?
I AM NOT!

04-23-2017, 07:52 AM   #35405
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I AM NOT!
I believe you Bert, but Otis is full of suspicions. Mrs Rupert was on her computer a while back listening to bagpipe religious tunes while preparing lessons for her Deaf Sunday School Class (Now there is a group that can truly appreciate bagpipe music!) and he accused me of being a "closet bagpiper". To this day he insists it was me listening to that "horrendous sound".

You just stick to the bacon and all will be well. After all, Otis is not always right...he did mess up on the weather forecast....once.

Best Regards!

---------- Post added 04-23-17 at 09:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Welcome back Rupert!

Now come visit your squirrel thread, members in there are anxious for your return.
Thanks Photolady! I'm on my way over! Squirrels may beat me there.....

Regards!
04-23-2017, 09:24 AM   #35406
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
... welcome back.
You need to give him a huge hug.

04-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #35407
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
That's OK Carol.

There are plenty of interlopers here, you wouldn't be the first. And having another lady in the group might temper us a bit,as we sometimes get a bit rowdy without the feminine touch to keep us gentlemen.

04-23-2017, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #35408
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That's OK Carol.

There are plenty of interlopers here, you wouldn't be the first. And having another lady in the group might temper us a bit,as we sometimes get a bit rowdy without the feminine touch to keep us gentlemen.
I don't know about the feminine touch, as I'm a tomboy at heart!
04-23-2017, 11:07 AM - 2 Likes   #35409
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
This was after a day spend running East from somewhere in Montana then across South Dakota on 90. Parked on the back row at the Sioux Falls Flying Hook.

I even stopped several times to clean the glass, the last stop had been in Mitchell.

I thought every day driving a semi was like this. Grabbed this one in Indiana on I80/90 a few days ago. My brother and I did a quick 2,500 mile round trip to clear up some of my late son's affairs. I think I got him hooked on Culver's hamburgers.

And welcome back Rupert!!! There was an attempted rebellion here in NY but Otis' agents took care of it PDQ.

Last edited by gaweidert; 04-23-2017 at 01:31 PM.
04-23-2017, 11:12 AM - 3 Likes   #35410
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

there are several here that are K3 owners, but just not as honest as you are

04-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #35411
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I: thought every day driving a semi was like this. Grabbed this one in Indiana on I80/90 a few days ago.
That's a neat shot! Though we don't post shots here in the K3 thread, due to this being a photo forum...and all. There might be a little cheating going on.....even some K3 shots that slip in from time to time?

Thinking of the shot...a second or two sooner or later and you might have missed the best frame....but you got it!

I had only a second or two here today.....not my best but I did get him! An old guy that had his eye on.....

...one of these young ladies! He said he had "good intentions".

"Yep, I always have good intentions myself!"

You guys done missing me?

Regards!
04-23-2017, 12:35 PM   #35412
Pentaxian

Welcome back, Otis! And You too, Rupert...

04-23-2017, 01:16 PM   #35413
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Welcome back, Otis! And You too, Rupert...
Thanks! Good to be here! Otis reminds that you would look great with that Otis Appreciation logo in your signature!

He says he would be plenty glad to help you add it, should you so desire! ....after he finishes his "rest period", of course!

Being such hard workers, squirrels need lots of rest on a sunny day like it is here...blue skies, no wind and 74F!

"Yep, I have earned a little break today...gave a two hour speech to my Giant Army, and it wore me out!"

Best regards!
04-23-2017, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #35414
Veteran Member

You guys done missing me?
It's like you never left, and as Martha says:

04-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #35415
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's a neat shot! Though we don't post shots here in the K3 thread, due to this being a photo forum...and all. There might be a little cheating going on.....even some K3 shots that slip in from time to time?

Thinking of the shot...a second or two sooner or later and you might have missed the best frame....but you got it!

Thank you. It was pure dumb luck. The MX-1 has a bit of a delay between pushing the button and taking the photo. I was simply pointing the camera and trying to get a shot of the rainbow. As the truck and my pickup had a closing speed close to 140mph no way I could have framed that on purpose. Sort of the analogy of one million monkeys (or squirrels) banging. on on million keyboards for all eternity. Eventually one of them will bang out an encyclopedia.

I do have to admit that I have been smitten with the MX-1 since I got it. It is a great little camera.