Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #36766
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not a good day for my pneumonia.....spent all day between the Doc and going back and forth for various tests. New more powerful drugs...a shot in my nice firm but that hurt like hell, and an inhaler to see if it can clear my bronchial tubes better. I'm going to hang in there, but I sure as hell don't like this situation. I feel like (fill in the blank) and hate nothing worse than all the red tape involved with doctors, labs, clinics, hospitals etc. Live free or die. I'm a believer!
Regards!

Forgot...I'm not clear headed right now. Sorry to hear about the fire Mark, thankfully not all was lost but it looks like some wonderful parts were destroyed.

05-30-2017, 06:18 PM   #36767
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hang in there, Jim. You're one of the toughest ******* I know. You'll whip this.
05-30-2017, 06:21 PM   #36768
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Not a good day for my pneumonia.....spent all day between the Doc and going back and forth for various tests. New more powerful drugs...a shot in my nice firm but that hurt like hell, and an inhaler to see if it can clear my bronchial tubes better. I'm going to hang in there, but I sure as hell don't like this situation. I feel like (fill in the blank) and hate nothing worse than all the red tape involved with doctors, labs, clinics, hospitals etc. Live free or die. I'm a believer!
Regards!

Forgot...I'm not clear headed right now. Sorry to hear about the fire Mark, thankfully not all was lost but it looks like some wonderful parts were destroyed.
Thanks Rupert. I hope you're better soon. Pneumonia can be a hard one to shake properly. Tell Mrs R she knows just what you need to perk you up.
05-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #36769
Veteran Member

I feel like (fill in the blank)
eating a Velveeta and bacon sandwich?
Hope the new drugs kick it in the (fill in the blank) soon!

05-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #36770
Veteran Member

Mark,
Sorry to here about the fire.
I'm sure a part of you went up in those flames.
05-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #36771
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Bob. It's hard seeing all that work ruined.
05-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #36772
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
haggis skin?

they exist in the wild or the remains of a drawn and quartered foodstuff?

if the first, i'm actually quite frightened!
Haggis was traditionally packed in sheep stomach.

05-30-2017, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #36773
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Yes. These areas were all destroyed:

Very sad, Mark - we lose too many original buildings, let alone ones that have been properly looked after or restored.
05-30-2017, 09:12 PM   #36774
Pentaxian

Regards!

Sorry it seems so miserable. A nasty illness that needs all the treatment in the supply. Hope they do good repairs.
05-30-2017, 09:13 PM   #36775
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, I've missed a few (?!) pages and am so time poor that I can't go back. Your pneumonia sounds a lot worse than my two bouts! I had to rest for a few days and then I started to do a bit, bit by bit.
My first bout was at age 64: I survived, and then contracted it again a year later. The good news was that at 65 I was eligible for a free pneumonia vaccine shot. My medico has me being a bit careful and taking some preventative measures, but all seems good.
Look after yourself, and get well.
05-30-2017, 10:31 PM   #36776
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
meerschaum

05-30-2017, 11:06 PM   #36777
Closed Account

This bit of news was a bit of a shock for me: I was involved with the major renovations on the estate from 1992 to 1999. This building was extensively renovated and updated.
Yes. These areas were all destroyed:
I should mention I drew most of the timber joinery, floor tiling (marble) layouts, and the general renovation drawings.
Sorry to hear this news Mark. A truly beautiful building mate, and your contribution to that beauty is there in the images.
But a Silver Lining might be that they call you back for the re-build !!
05-31-2017, 03:43 AM - 2 Likes   #36778
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Sorry to hear this news Mark. A truly beautiful building mate, and your contribution to that beauty is there in the images.
But a Silver Lining might be that they call you back for the re-build !!
I'm sure they will have that sorted. But here's the interesting thing: After all these years, I may be the only one with copies of (some of) the drawings! Everyone else appears to have done a cleanout many years ago. Sadly I did not keep a complete set - it was over a 100 drawings. But I have some. The CAD drawings are easy - I'll e-mail those. The ink drawings I need to scan and then I can e-mail them.

It's not often I get to gloat to my wife: "See - This is why I never throw away anything that may come in handy one day!"
05-31-2017, 04:34 AM   #36779
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think that all this talk of cheese has gone on whey too long. It's curd-ling my brain and has got poor Ruperts lungs all in a clabber.
05-31-2017, 04:57 AM   #36780
Pentaxian

I'm sure they will have that sorted. But here's the interesting thing: After all these years, I may be the only one with copies of (some of) the drawings! Everyone else appears to have done a cleanout many years ago. Sadly I did not keep a complete set - it was over a 100 drawings. But I have some. The CAD drawings are easy - I'll e-mail those. The ink drawings I need to scan and then I can e-mail them.

It's not often I get to gloat to my wife: "See - This is why I never throw away anything that may come in handy one day!"

Mrs Tim would tell me that if they did not pay me for the drawings it was still not worthwhile keeping them!