Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2017, 04:55 PM   #38821
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
An ‘unusually aggressive’ Brooklyn squirrel that attacked five people may have rabies - The Washington Post

the dogs are wanting to savage some patio wildlife
obviously i'm not getting any sleep until they do
so to chorus of growls and barks I bring you the headlines
Otis must be on holidays

07-26-2017, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #38822
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Woke up at 2 AM this morning feeling rather warm, house temp was 81, no cold air from the AC.
No way could I go back to sleep, checked the outside unit, the fan wasn't turning, so I shut it off at the thermostat.
It's a bit stressful when you know it's going to be near 100 later, and the chances of getting your repair guy here might be slim.

Poked around online and saw that if the compressor is working, but not the fan, to take a stick and try spinning the fan to get it going.
Tried that, it started spinning and the house is cooling back down.
It's a temporary fix, apparently it's a bad start capacitor.
I set the thermostat low enough to keep it running hopefully until repaired.
Guess I ain't the only one with AC troubles.

There is a silver lining though.

I lost 6 pounds over the last 6 days.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 07-26-2017 at 06:09 PM.
07-26-2017, 04:59 PM - 2 Likes   #38823
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Not soft enough.

A woman is supposed to be softer than that.

Quite a bit softer.

I have few requirements for the physical characteristics that cause a woman to be attractive to me.

First, she cannot be taller than me, 150 to 160cm is about right.

Second, she cannot weigh more than I.

Third, I like medium to small figure dimensions, 86cm bustline is perfect to me.

Fourth, I prefer longer hair, any color, but some women can make a short style look awesome so long as they don't have a chicken neck.

And although I do prefer fit women over those who kinda let themselves go, the still have to be soft.

Oh, one last thing.

Both the body builder and the scrawny barbecue biscuits all have the same Chinese disease.

Too Young.

Cheech and Chong - "And fourth, she's gotta have the big-a.................
07-26-2017, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #38824
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
The toilet in our master bath gives off a soft, short, female sounding moan when flushed, not a common sound around here, but rather pleasant.
I need one of those here.

07-26-2017, 05:01 PM - 2 Likes   #38825
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Cheech and Chong - "And fourth, she's gotta have the big-a.................
I knew that was coming, but wasn't sure who it would be.

nice
07-26-2017, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #38826
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Seriously?

07-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #38827
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Seriously?

Nah.

I knew you would take the bait.

Still, that's how I like my women.

All what I said and soft.

Helps if they are reasonably smart too. Ditzy girls turn me off.

After all, when we get old and fat we still can have good conversation.

07-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #38828
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
We haven't had the AC on yet this year. I Just use a portable unit for the bedroom when we need it. We never need it more than 3 days a year. I could just go camp near a lake during hot spells but sometimes you like to be home.
I have one dinky window unit for my office and another dinky window unit for the bedroom and here in the middle of Lake Superior, neither have come out of storage this year. The jet stream keeps dipping low below Hudson Bay. 100 miles south of us on the other side of the jet stream everyone is languishing, and we are lucky if we get to 80F/27C, and it is not unusual to top out in the mid-50's/~13C. Our daughter is here for a month from her home in Austin, Texas and loving it. Personally, I wish we consistently had days between the mid-70's/~24C to mid-80's/30C.
07-26-2017, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #38829
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not soft enough.

A woman is supposed to be softer than that.

Quite a bit softer.

I have few requirements for the physical characteristics that cause a woman to be attractive to me.

First, she cannot be taller than me, 150 to 160cm is about right.

Second, she cannot weigh more than I.

Third, I like medium to small figure dimensions, 86cm bustline is perfect to me.

Fourth, I prefer longer hair, any color, but some women can make a short style look awesome so long as they don't have a chicken neck.

And although I do prefer fit women over those who kinda let themselves go, the still have to be soft.

Oh, one last thing.

Both the body builder and the scrawny barbecue biscuits all have the same Chinese disease.

Too Young.
Like these?

Or is it just me who likes runners?

Plus, at 6ft 2" there's not too many that are taller than me.
07-26-2017, 07:06 PM - 2 Likes   #38830
Closed Account

Man.

Y'all grow 'em pretty thin down that way.

Dontcha ever feed 'em?

Or do you only let 'em cook?
They can't afford to eat AND buy shoes Racer. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do !!! ( or so they tell me )
07-26-2017, 07:13 PM   #38831
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Like these?

Or is it just me who likes runners?

Plus, at 6ft 2" there's not too many that are taller than me.
Well they are all pretty, and don't look too hard.

But.

Again with the Ancient Chinese Disease.

Too Young.

This is about my speed.

I've had a crush on her since Gidget.

And she is the perfect woman I described earlier.
07-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #38832
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Personally, I wish we consistently had days between the mid-70's/~24C to mid-80's/30C.
Two words.

Western.

Washington.
07-26-2017, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #38833
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just picked up a 30 pound bottle of R-134a. With the online coupon it was only 179.99 plus tax. One that I bought 3 years ago cost me $80 something...
So 134a is migrating to the category of rare lenses.
07-26-2017, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #38834
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I could let rip with a whole lot of sheep jokes but then I'd have to ban myself. Who knows, maybe they're more forgiving in the joke thread?
I passed through Montana twice in the last 6 days.

Montana.

Where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous.
07-26-2017, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #38835
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The trip to Arnold and back was unique. About 5,600 kilometers. The first 1,600 or so were great. Then, just past Wall, the AC started acting up. Friday afternoon, in the middle of nowhere, on the edge of the Badlands (there is good reason they are called the Badlands). That was the middle of the second day. Ran from Seattle to Billings on Thursday. Long day but fun at 140 kilometers an hour.

In Montana.

Big Sky Country.

The license plates used to have "PRISON MADE" stamped along the bottom. I still need a 1956 Montana plate for my 1956 US plate run.

Anyway, Friday, get up, way before the sun. Shower. Coffee. Cream cheese bagels with ham. Gas up.

Roll out.

Little Big Horn. Crow Agency. Cheyenne Indian Reservation. US-212. The way we used to cross the continent. (Did it with mom, dad, my little sister in a spankin' new 1964 Rambler American. The front seats laid down and the whole car made into a bed. What a trip.)

Cut off to see Devil's Tower. Smoke from forest fires made it nearly invisible, so we did a drive by, no shooting.

Back on I-90 at Sundance, then to Rapid City, Marlin's for lunch. Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. Fries and iced tea. Tasty lunch, I ate there a lot when driving Monstro. Gas up and hit it.

Oh yea, and South Dakota bumped their speed limit too.

Back to 140, 150 kilometers and hour. Is this what it feels like in Germany?

Just past Wall, we start to feel the heat.

The AC is blowing away, but no air is coming out of any vent. I stop in the 1,000,000° heat find shade under an overpass and fiddle. Did I mention the Badlands were on my right door? And poor Mrs. Racer, on the right side of a car traveling East in the afternoon. I tried to get her to let me rig up a shade with one of our shirts.

She just sat there and sweltered.

At Murdo I found a shop but the guy looked at my car as if I came from the future, scratched his, head, and shrugged mumbled something about dealerships and stuff and I left. Filled up the tank thinking that the next few hundred clicks across the Sand Hills of Nebraska might have few chances for fuel (actually paid $2.11 in Arnold the next day), and rolled out, hot air blasting inside the dash.

About an hour down the road we went through some construction, and the air started blowing out of the vents like it was supposed to, but it was hot. As hot as out side. 1,000,000°.

Every now and then it would blow cold, colder than it did when it worked right. The back to the 1,000,000°.

Got to Arnold, checked into the Arnold Motel and Campground, and hooked up with my mom. She and I drove about 64 kilometers outside of town and she showed me the sod house she lived in as a girl, and the one room schoolhouse she attended.

Neat stuff.

Next morning we grab breakfast at the cafe, and I drive out to the sod house again. I find mom, and several of my cousins there.

Mrs. Racer refuses to get out of the car because it is rattlesnake country.

Back in town, then the services for my uncle. The American Legion officiated a bit with the gun salute, then taps, and then one of my cousins who is a Baptist minister said some nice stuff, and we all went back to the legion hall for fellowship, and potluck. It is nice to experience life like that, in a small town (pop 500) and with all the generations of mom's family there.

The last time I was there was when my grandmother passed away in 1984. The only paved street was the highway through town. Everything else was dirt or gravel.

We left Sunday morning, again long before the sun began to warm the plains. Passed through Alliance, Nebraska, home of Carhenge (look it up). The Past Wind Cave NP and some prairie dog towns and buffalo herds, then stopped at Mount Rushmore, had a killer bacon cheeseburger with fries and an ice cold beer, checked out Deadwood and Sturgis, then up US-212, to Broadus.

The afternoon was brutal as the temps climbed it seemed the AC was more hot than cool. And today's cars make awful noise when the windows are down at speed.

Monday we covered Montana, Idaho and landed in Spokane.

Tuesday was an easy 480 kilometers. We stopped for teriyaki at a strip mall in Monroe about an hour from home.

Tuesday evening I hooked my gauges to the AC on my car and the pressures are near perfect.

And it blew nice cold air from the correct ducts.

I think my car hates me.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 07-27-2017 at 04:17 PM.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »