Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2017, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #40531
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Racer, his girl and a pal, back in the day.

09-22-2017, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #40532
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
So if you have signed up the right paying organisation they will put you through every kind of torture and indignity they can think of, so long has the money keeps up.
That is not as much funny as it is the truth...for real. Hospitals have "case managers" who's main job is to search out various insurance coverage to see that they get every service provided......not necessarily every service needed. You might get something you don't really need, but not something you do really need. The system is so broken!

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Poisoned by a 22 cent pill.
Yep, a .22 cent pill you paid $40. for.

Truth is, I would be dead 12 days ago without the insurance we have. It covers almost everything....even the very expensive 3 new drugs I am taking are covered with no co-pay. Mrs Rupert came in last night from Walmart pharmacy with a sack full of drugs and some breathing appliances......and didn't spend a penny......along with the story of a woman in line that had to walk away because she could not afford her prescription. Not right.....I am no more special than any other human that needs care or drugs. We need to get this right. Someone is caring about me or I would not have this great coverage......I need to care about others too....and I do. I thought helping each other was what we are all about? Who here would not pay a little extra tax to keep hearing some old Rupert stories?........you don't have to answer that!

Got in late yesterday in time to get one shot from the K1 (NOT a K3!!) & Bigma. For some reason the stance of this little dove reminds me of a duck?

Hey guys....being in your own home and sleeping in your own bed is wonderful...we should not take it for granted. It feels great to be back with you all and to be on my computer and big screen instead of that tiny Nextbook on hospital Wi-fi that was slower than dial -up...when it worked at all.

Regards!
09-22-2017, 10:11 AM   #40533
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Yep, a .22 cent pill you paid $40. for.
Forty bucks for a bullet?

Pretty spendy ammunition.
09-22-2017, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #40534
Veteran Member

It takes a gold tipped silver bullet to put away a devil squirrel......and even then you had better hope to be lucky.....or else....

Regards!

09-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #40535
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Many posts to read later, but a glance through shows me some dandy Rupert stories are in our future, and that's a good thing!!
I heard you got a Moderator Warning for that comment? .......guess not everyone cares for Rupert Stories?

Miss you already Bob....have a great visit but come home safe and sound!

Regards!
09-22-2017, 03:09 PM - 1 Like   #40536
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It takes a gold tipped silver bullet to put away a devil squirrel......and even then you had better hope to be lucky.....or else....

Regards!
What round for this squirrel?

09-22-2017, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #40537
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote

Where is my elephant gun?

09-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #40538
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Guessing ......12 gauge slug...fire away and run like hell?

I went fishing once long ago and my granddad told me to take the 10 gauge with a slug and go get us some bait. went in the woods by the creek and found a possum....there was not much left for bait....

Regards!
09-22-2017, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #40539
Veteran Member

not unheard of though

one of the brands I shot was about eleven dollars a round
09-22-2017, 07:10 PM - 1 Like   #40540
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A few years ago I was in Las Vegas with two of my sons. We were at the Pro Gun shooting range shooting sporting clays. They had a Ma Deuce (M2 50 caliber machine gun) there you could rent for $250 plus 5 dollars a round. So my son asks if I want to shoot it. The M2 shoots 600 rounds a minute. That worked out to $3,200. I told my son that I could shoot it for one minute or mom and I can by groceries for the next six months. I prefer eating.
09-23-2017, 03:46 AM   #40541
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I heard you got a Moderator Warning for that comment? .......guess not everyone cares for Rupert Stories?
Jim on this porch I'll listen to any story you have and never complain.
09-23-2017, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #40542
Veteran Member

Jim on this porch I'll listen to any story you have and never complain.
Mrs Rupert hired Kat to come stay with me while she went to work, at least for my first few days home ..though I don't really need any assistance. When Kat showed up yesterday morning I sat her down on the sofa in my office, and gave here 1 1/2 hours of Rupert Stories. She seemed to not mind at all...and heck, she was getting paid to listen! Then, not needing her, I sent her out to feed/water all the animals. sweep the deck, rake the yard, and spend all afternoon detailing and waxing my Jeep. Works for me...thanks Mrs Rupert!

Old people....about all we have is stories from the past. Surprisingly, the young nurses at the hospital would sneak into my room when they had a chance and listen as I spun a few stories and offered up philosophical advice from lessons learned over a lifetime.
They all adored Mrs Rupert and were amazed at our 51+ years together, our obvious mutual affection, and our rock solid dedication to each other. All of them said we were a unique experience and one they would never forget.

We are planning to do something special for the nursing staff........maybe a half dozen premium pizzas and some hot wings for each shift? A nice thank you card too...we did appreciate their care.

Name:  DSCF0969-800.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  79.3 KB

Still great to be home! ...and back here with you guys too!

Regards!

Not a story really, but some advice for anyone that might use it....I was not sure I was going to make it for a few days there and realized that Mrs Rupert did not know how to pay the bills, what we owed on a monthly basis or what method I use to pay them. We have zero debt, but still have about a dozen items that come due every month or few months. She has no idea how to access our banking/brokerage online and to do banking transactions on the internet. I have been trying to get her on a program to learn all this for several years, but she is always "busy" or will do it tomorrow.
Some of these things are a little complicated, but as I do them daily, I never really thought of it a a necessity for her.......of course, if I am not here it is a different story.

Anyhow, now we are on a program where for the next few months she will take over the finances as I watch and help. Maybe you guys are smarter than I have been in this area, but if not, it is a good thing to think about.
09-23-2017, 07:01 AM - 2 Likes   #40543
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Truth is, I would be dead 12 days ago without the insurance we have. It covers almost everything....even the very expensive 3 new drugs I am taking are covered with no co-pay. Mrs Rupert came in last night from Walmart pharmacy with a sack full of drugs and some breathing appliances......and didn't spend a penny......along with the story of a woman in line that had to walk away because she could not afford her prescription. Not right.....I am no more special than any other human that needs care or drugs. We need to get this right.
Careful or you will be labeled as one of those blueberries in a bowl of tomato soup to quote a former governor in your State. (okay moderator, take your shot - this topic is too important) As someone who is blessed with great lab results and relatively speaking few creaks for my age - in other words, not getting a full return today on my insurance premiums - I cannot agree more with your comments!

I'm thrilled at the progress you've made. And while we never know when our phone line will go quiet, glad to know your time hasn't come yet. (okay moderator, I'll shut up and slide back into the weeds).

this past week on a business trip...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
09-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #40544
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
in other words, not getting a full return today on my insurance premiums - I cannot agree more with your comments!
Over my lifetime I have used very little health insurance compared to what I have paid in. Not much different than home or car insurance......you never know when of even if you may need it. I think everyone deserves basic health insurance. If they are a drain on society, a criminal, or otherwise "undeserving" then lock them up or whatever, but making them suffer is not the sign of a decent advanced society.
Understand....I have never said free...everyone should pay and share the expense together.

Those are neat shots!

Regards! .......May the Mods have mercy on you.....that basement and the brutal interrogation is inhumane...and the laughing squirrels are unbearable too. Worse, you could go in their files as a "Rupert Type" and be followed everywhere you post, where they hope to bring you back down there for the 2nd phase.......which is too horrible to discuss.
09-23-2017, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #40545
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
My son-in-law was born in Uruguay - everyone in that country gets basic health care at no charge (beyond what they pay in taxes of course). If you want more than what is in the plan, you can privately purchase coverage that gets you admission to private clinics/hospitals, perhaps some advanced diagnostics and procedures. In short, everyone is immunized (less spread of disease), dying from the sniffles that would otherwise become pneumonia is far less common, common injuries are taken care of without trips to the ER (unless the injury truly needs the ER). I'm sure those with private insurance have private or semi-private rooms equipped with TV and bedside telephones.

What don't we get that making sure accessible basic health care across the board benefits all of us? Fewer missed work days, less impact from epidemics, the list just keeps going.