Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #41071
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A worthy Rupert-Type story! No rat will slow down a hungry buffet eater......the rat was lucky she didn't stick a fork in him!

Thunder thighs....
Attachment 373408

How do people get that shape without noticing and doing something about it before the shape becomes so extreme?

Maybe they need doctors like in the NHS:
You cannot have that surgery until you lose weight.
You cannot have that surgery until you stop smoking.

That's what happens when health funding is based on making cost benefit analysis.

10-13-2017, 05:34 AM   #41072
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
How do people get that shape without noticing and doing something about it before the shape becomes so extreme?
It is hard to understand....but I think it relates to addiction. Addiction is a powerful force...a powerful killing force.

The Drill Bit Thread......I like it! However, if you have been here as long as I have and roamed the various Forums, you know that the OPs question (done in jest) is far from the most ridiculous seen here, and really...seen quite often. I think that was his point.....so many dumb and insane posts that ask such absurd questions or give such ridiculous views just finally got to him.

I recently read a post where a user complained about a shortage of Pentax lenses compared to Canon or Nikon. Said he may have to switch to Nikon because of it.....he's been a Pentax shooter for over 10 years.....has a kit lens and two low grade DA lenses......so I can see where he is really hurt by all these "lens limitations" he imagines? Insanity is alive and well, you can find it with ease in real genuine threads...not just Drill Bit Beauties!

Regards!
10-13-2017, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #41073
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Insanity is alive and well, you can find it with ease in real genuine threads...not just Drill Bit Beauties!
Sure glad we don't have any of that nonsense on this thread.
10-13-2017, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #41074
Veteran Member

It is hard to understand....but I think it relates to addiction. Addiction is a powerful force...a powerful killing force.

The Drill Bit Thread......I like it! However, if you have been here as long as I have and roamed the various Forums, you know that the OPs question (done in jest) is far from the most ridiculous seen here, and really...seen quite often. I think that was his point.....so many dumb and insane posts that ask such absurd questions or give such ridiculous views just finally got to him.

I recently read a post where a user complained about a shortage of Pentax lenses compared to Canon or Nikon. Said he may have to switch to Nikon because of it.....he's been a Pentax shooter for over 10 years.....has a kit lens and two low grade DA lenses......so I can see where he is really hurt by all these "lens limitations" he imagines? Insanity is alive and well, you can find it with ease in real genuine threads...not just Drill Bit Beauties!

Regards!
it's not insanity but I don't have a good description substitute either

so often the "what is the best " question is an attempt to justify an existing decision
however this forum, unlike so many others, is generally gracious and accommodating when they are asked

beyond that people are just so unsure of where to go
back in the days of print you went to the library, bookstore or newsstand and made your decision
now they go online and find boatloads of opinions dressed as facts
is it any wonder indecision has become so prevalent

for my part, rather than dither I choose but not everyone can do that

so I guess we should be heartened that people feel safe to come here for advice

10-13-2017, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #41075
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently read a post where a user complained about a shortage of Pentax lenses compared to Canon or Nikon. Said he may have to switch to Nikon because of it.....he's been a Pentax shooter for over 10 years.....has a kit lens and two low grade DA lenses....

Like complaining over the shortage of exotic coffee varieties at your local coffee shop - and never drink anything but instant coffee.
10-13-2017, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #41076
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
so I guess we should be heartened that people feel safe to come here for advice
Maybe, but it is just as amazing how many times they get great advice and refuse to accept it, clinging to some pre-formed opinion that their dilemma is so unique it can't be solved. I see that very often.

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Like complaining over the shortage of exotic coffee varieties at your local coffee shop - and never drink anything but instant coffee.
Happens all the time...lounge chair quarterbacks. I think my Realtor friend and his coffee cup tell the real truth of many of the absurdities we see daily. It is not that we are "so smart" it is more that they are "so dumb". Poor old Ricky....I'm betting his life was "tangled in knots complicated". The truly dumb never learn from their mistakes....they just go through life repeating them....as they look for the perfect drill bit!
Name:  Dumb People.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  28.0 KB

It is what makes us appreciate this thread...never idiocy or foolishness here..just sound and useful information from the "elites" of PForums. Yep, we are the fortunate few.

Regards!
10-13-2017, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #41077
Veteran Member

I think my Realtor friend and his coffee cup tell the real truth
One of my company's clients was a land developer/realtor with a license plate saying BUY MUD

10-13-2017, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #41078
Veteran Member

I had received a cup as a gift that management deemed inappropriate

you can lead people to knowledge but you can't make them think
10-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #41079
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

Thunder thighs....

How does someone even get fat like that?
10-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #41080
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently read a post where a user complained about a shortage of Pentax lenses compared to Canon or Nikon. Said he may have to switch to Nikon because of it.....he's been a Pentax shooter for over 10 years.....has a kit lens and two low grade DA lenses......so I can see where he is really hurt by all these "lens limitations" he imagines?
I saw that post, and wanted to comment. But I know that no matter how much the huge selection of lenses for the ubiquitous K mount is, a dope like that will never allow anyone to dissuade them from their preconceived notion that there is something better on the other side of the street.

Meanwhile, here I sit with a half dozen M series lenses, a half dozen newer autofocus Pentax lenses, several older manual Sigma lenses, a couple newer DG Sigma lenses, and a half dozen or so off brand thrift store purchases in K mount or M42 (which by the way have produced some of the best images I have ever made), and a couple Russian lenses in M42 (also having produced some awesome images).

And there are dozens of other K mount and M42 lenses I lust after.

There is a reason that so many Canikonians and Fujians are adapting K mount glass to their "superior" cameras.
10-13-2017, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #41081
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
How does someone even get fat like that?
Ever watch that program..."My 600 Pound Life"? You can watch them eat a dozen eggs, a pound (or more) of bacon, half a loaf of toasted bread and a pound of hash brown potatoes washed down by a half gallon of whole milk. Yet when facing the doctor over their weight gain that should have been a loss, they are in total denial that they overeat. A sickness, an addiction that is deadly. Most of us are susceptible to some sort of addictive action, usually much less harmful. Mrs Rupert craves Dr Peppers......must always have a supply at home.

There are undoubtedly deep psychological reasons for most severe addictions, probably difficult or impossible to pinpoint with exactness....others are just the result of repetitive bad actions that go from habit to addiction.

Of course, these are just my observations, I am no trained expert......but it sounds logical...you think???? My youngest son has a Masters degree in psychology and is about to get a Doc Degree.........I can tell you I know more about it than he does...no kidding.

Regards!
10-13-2017, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #41082
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The Drill Bit Thread......I like it!
I'm a driller.

I shoot holes all day long, every day. One job I worked I drilled 656 holes in an 8 hour shift. Produced enough aluminum and titanium chips to fill a 55 gallon barrel.

Yep.

I'm a driller.

One shift I drill, the next shift I fill. Drill and fill. Day in, day out. Building airplanes is all about drilling quality holes.
10-13-2017, 09:54 AM - 3 Likes   #41083
Veteran Member

Gonna need some bacon to cleanse this thread of gear talk.

10-13-2017, 10:01 AM - 2 Likes   #41084
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Building airplanes is all about drilling quality holes.
Done a lot of drilling myself...never an airplane, but I have drilled some of the finest quality holes on earth. If you have the proper dill bit, and know how to use it, you can always get some drilling action. Beware....it is habit forming.....and addictive!

Got to thinkin'...many years ago I did do some drilling in an airplane at about 30K feet....I just wanted to correct that so I could maintain my "Honest Rupert" profile here.

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 10-13-2017 at 10:36 AM.
10-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #41085
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Gonna need some bacon to cleanse this thread of gear talk.
I think you're a bit light on the bacon.

Triple that amount.