Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #41251
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
41 year for Mrs. gaweidert and I. I have already informed that my sentence is life without a possibility if parole.
You can bet that with that new Citizen Squirrel Award highlighting your every post, she will want to keep you forever! Only the very special few have such an award.

Regards!

10-21-2017, 12:51 AM   #41252
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Asterix and Obelix... some of my favorite cartoon characters whey back when!
The best cartoon ever made. I think I have all the Goscinny&Uderzo albums. Goscinny was the story-teller, though, and the albums coming after his death just aren't the same quality.

I should dust them off and read through them again
10-21-2017, 01:54 AM   #41253
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
The best cartoon ever made. I think I have all the Goscinny&Uderzo albums. Goscinny was the story-teller, though, and the albums coming after his death just aren't the same quality.

I should dust them off and read through them again
Yeah, I read them all to my stepsons at bedtime when they were little (long time sgo, I'm a granddad now).

I even attempted different voices for the characters, leading my wife to claim the ritual was as much for my enjoyment as theirs.

10-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #41254
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
An all Aldi breakfast this morning.
Fried luncheon meat (SPAM) scrambled eggs, toast, and milk.
I might grill some of the "SPAM" for lunch.

10-21-2017, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #41255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
An all Aldi breakfast this morning.
Fried luncheon meat (SPAM) scrambled eggs, toast, and milk.
I might grill some of the "SPAM" for lunch.
Sounds great!...that (Spam) makes great sandwiches too.....I like it between rye bread with a thick slice of Velveeta and some good spicy Aldi mustard.

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, I read them all to my stepsons at bedtime when they were little
I raised my two boys on Rupert Stories.....well, for a long time I did. Until Mrs Rupert caught me and turned me in for child abuse and I had to stop. To this day they still recall some of those stories...... and ask for more.....

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 10-21-2017 at 09:51 AM.
10-21-2017, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #41256
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I raised my two boys on Rupert Stories.....well, for a long time I did. Until Mrs Rupert caught me and turned me in for child abuse and I had to stop. To this day they still recall some of those stories...... and ask for more..
Bet Rupert Ricky Stories were their favorites.
10-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #41257
Veteran Member

Bet Rupert Ricky Stories were their favorites.
They did love the Ricky stories....and the Little Suzie Red Wagon stories too......those were the ones that got me shut down by Mrs Rupert.

Bob...haven't been in Aldis in a while and I sure miss it. Just too many lung problems to do the shopping......out of breath too fast. You think of me when you shop and buy some good stuff like I would......love so much of what is there.......I'm craving cheescake today...maybe Mrs Rupert will go and get me some?

BTW- My kids both knew Ricky.....and Orville.....some really neat Orville stories too.....like the time he came in from school to our daily "Guy Meeting" on my patio where we played a little basketball and relived our day at school....and what trouble we got into. That day Orville was mystified as to how he made zero on a test.
"You got the test Orville?" Yep, he did! It was 20 questions True or False...and he missed every one! I think some of the guys are still laughing!

Orville was the group clown and a real riot....great personality and good heart. Not an enemy in this world. Some wonderful Orville stories were told to my kids......made all the better because they actually knew him.

Regards!

10-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #41258
Veteran Member

Sounds great!...that (Spam) makes great sandwiches too.....I like it between rye bread with a thick slice of Velveeta and some good spicy Aldi mustard.

I raised my two boys on Rupert Stories.....well, for a long time I did. Until Mrs Rupert caught me and turned me in for child abuse and I had to stop. To this day they still recall some of those stories...... and ask for more.....

Regards!
spam...fried crisp...soft, squishy wonder bread...miracle whip...heaven
anything else is a travesty

I've always subscribed to the theory that only one person can keep a secret
however most everything else i'll yack about
my wife finally set limits...citing a certain innocence and immaturity on our lovely boys' parts

now that the boys have boys I find only the most embarrassing grandpa stories are trotted out for everyone else's consumption
one afternoon I was about to bleed to death from all the little memory nicks when I said...you know your dad was a very interesting child...have I ever told you about the time he.......?
10-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #41259
Veteran Member

You think of me when you shop and buy some good stuff like I would
Will do.
I'll also check for some nice "bottoms" in leggings for you, and me, while I'm there.
Besides their prices, I like the size of the store. I was in and out in 15 minutes the other day with 17 items in my cart, $28 worth.
About 95% of what I buy is found around the outside perimeter, and around the produce area.
10-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #41260
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote

I've always subscribed to the theory that only one person can keep a secret
Agreed.

There is certain stuff afoot at my work, and at shift start recently we were advised of it by our superiors. We were also asked to keep it on the QT.

Five minutes after walking out of the meeting a coworker from another part of the program asked if we had heard the news.

Doing my part, I shrugged and asked, "What news?"

By first break it was the primary topic of conversation.

Funny how that works.
10-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #41261
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
..soft, squishy wonder bread..
You're a lucky, lucky man if you have access to fresh bread.
Here in Pierre the bread is a week old when it hits the shelves, according to the day code on it. That means that if you buy a loaf on shopping day, assuming you weren't out of bread completely, it will be somewhere near a week and a half old by the time you open it.
I'm absolutely convinced that the distributors deliver fresh bread to Rapid City and Sioux Falls, pick up the week old bread off of the shelves and deliver it to pierre.
I alternate between loving and hating this place. On the one hand, we don't get fresh bread; on the other I don't know anywhere else I could have a casual conversation with the Governor while out for dinner with my wife as happend two nights ago.
10-21-2017, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #41262
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Agreed.

There is certain stuff afoot at my work, and at shift start recently we were advised of it by our superiors. We were also asked to keep it on the QT.

Five minutes after walking out of the meeting a coworker from another part of the program asked if we had heard the news.

Doing my part, I shrugged and asked, "What news?"

By first break it was the primary topic of conversation.

Funny how that works.
early on the company was more forthcoming with news
as we became techy and our management were managers not leaders everything became a secret
the upside to that was the proliferation of rumors
there were days the weight of rumors turned progress to stasis

one morning our workgroup was pulled in and chastised for creating and spreading debilitating rumors
by then I had absolutely nothing to lose so I said...if you had the balls to tell the truth we wouldn't have to make up stuff
since we're making up stuff we've decided to screw you the way you are going to screw us
fun isn't it

the downside for our management was telling the truth resulted in their unemployment
10-21-2017, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #41263
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm absolutely convinced that the distributors deliver fresh bread to Rapid City and Sioux Falls, pick up the week old bread off of the shelves and deliver it to pierre.
And your unsold bread goes to Deadwood.
10-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #41264
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

And your unsold bread goes to Deadwood.
More likely Eagle Butte or Lower Brule.
10-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #41265
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
...You're a lucky, lucky man if you have access to fresh bread...
I spent several months in mpls going to school
as I ran to the river each morning I passed a commercial bakery...heavenly

bread is so easy to make...just do your own
if i'm in a hurry I do a single-rise-baked-in the-mixing bowl that is quite good
I don't cook from recipes but find one you like...
use a bit less flour or a bit more liquid
you won't knead as much as regular dough
the dough will be sticky
roll it into a ball
coat the ball with the oil of your choice
place the ball in your glass mixing bowl
cover with a towel
turn the oven to 350
the dough will double in size in about thirty minutes
remove the towel
put the bowl in the oven for thirty to forty minutes
you have bread in about ninety minutes beginning to end