Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2017, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #41911
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Took the guy over 4 minutes to tell us about it.
He had to talk about tractors, a small town, a girl, falling in love, diners, gas stations, and Texas.
Try doing all that on Washington time.

11-18-2017, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #41912
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
He had to talk about tractors, a small town, a girl, falling in love, diners, gas stations, and Texas.
He failed to mention bacon.

I hope she ditches him.
11-18-2017, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #41913
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Oh, and here:
This is how he rolls.
Whether it is the straight ones or the little kinky ones, those are some fine lookin' bacon treats!

I still l have bacon steaks from Jim for next weeks breakfast meals. That is the most delicious bacon you can imagine! Even Mrs Rupert.....such a picky eater...will 2nd that!

Spent the last couple of hours trying to school Mrs Rupert in how to handle her IRA account and minimize taxable income. It is a near impossible task....I feel like a mixer has been inserted into my brain and turned on high. It really is simple stuff...but now I am not so sure about that.....she made it seem like you need to be a CPA just to look at the RMD chart. Also, she hated the option to have taxes withheld from her withdrawals.......said she would just decide against paying any taxes on "HER" money Damn...why didn't I ever think of that? .

Regards!

---------- Post added 11-18-17 at 08:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Cardinals are primarily monogamous,so most likely Mr.C will take care of her until she grows those feathers back.
Good to hear, I have a lot of Cardinals here...male and female. They are a dominant bird in the Woods of Otis.From a guy that can view them in more or less privacy from my office windows.....I can tell you for a fact that they may be monogamous, but the Cardinals here cheat like crazy...no kidding involved!

This little girlie was one of the biggest flirts I have ever seen around here.....she had half dozen males following her every move.
She is a cutie, no doubt about it!

Cardinals are well represented here.... Yard Birds | Flickr

Regards!

---------- Post added 11-18-17 at 09:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Well, you gotta keep fighting, of course. The alternative does not bear thinking about!
How much is Otis paying you? He knows where his bread is buttered!

Regards! Time for nighty-nite...a dose of morphine, a shot of codeine......sweet dreams until tomorrow!
11-18-2017, 11:46 PM   #41914
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

In Washington time he would have plenty of time, so long as he need not depart his speaking stand, and it would be a whole lot more interesting than some old guy generating a copyright infringement by reading a recipe book.

11-19-2017, 09:39 AM   #41915
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
In Washington time he would have plenty of time, so long as he need not depart his speaking stand, and it would be a whole lot more interesting than some old guy generating a copyright infringement by reading a recipe book.
We don't have speaking stands in Washington.

We have very large stands of trees.

Trees that are centuries old.

Time, and the passing of it relative to the rest of the universe, has a different meaning here.
11-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #41916
Veteran Member

Actually, tea is at 0645, 0900, 1000, 1230, 1530, 2000 and 2200. Unless it's coffee. Or beer. Or wine.
Tea is where your heart is Also, in certain parts of the world (e.g. Scotland) 'tea' can also mean dinner, leading to me inadvertently inviting a couple of friends over for dinner once when in fact I only planned of having 'a cuppa' with them. Then it turned into a year of weekly potlucks.
11-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #41917
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Or beer. Or wine.
In that case, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

11-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #41918
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
We don't have speaking stands in Washington.

We have very large stands of trees.

Trees that are centuries old.

Time, and the passing of it relative to the rest of the universe, has a different meaning here.

I think you are talking about the other Washington. There is a Washington which is all about talking a long time.
11-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #41919
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Tea is where your heart is Also, in certain parts of the world (e.g. Scotland) 'tea' can also mean dinner, leading to me inadvertently inviting a couple of friends over for dinner once when in fact I only planned of having 'a cuppa' with them. Then it turned into a year of weekly potlucks.
Here too! Many Kiwis use the word "tea" to mean dinner. Which can be confusing. I usually ask: "Do you mean dinner, or the wet stuff?"
11-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #41920
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From the department of useless information: Aldi is short for "Albrecht Discount".
11-19-2017, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #41921
Veteran Member

Maybe I'll have a spot of tea this evening.

11-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #41922
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah! That works Bob! Two of those and it's an early night.
11-19-2017, 02:20 PM   #41923
Veteran Member

I deserve it, just finished a Rupert type job by putting a kit in one of our toilet tanks.
Been awhile since I've done one, still it only took about 15 minutes.
Mrs Bob wasn't here, so that might stretch to an hour by the time she gets home.

It's one of the old style toilets, big tank that doesn't need flushing 2 or 3 times to make some solid stuff go away.
11-19-2017, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #41924
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Maybe I'll have a spot of tea this evening.
Mrs Rupert didn't care for it...said there was alcohol in it, and in excess.....Not a problem, I'll take hers too.

Regards!
11-19-2017, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #41925
Veteran Member

Actually, tea is at 0645, 0900, 1000, 1230, 1530, 2000 and 2200. Unless it's coffee. Or beer. Or wine.
I had a manager who was obsessed with my diligent and timely concern for break time

he lost track of me...no apprehensions for two or three months, actually

one night at the bar he and my supervisor came to the table I was sitting at and began railing at my seemingly incessant break taking
so I asked if it was affecting my productivity...ah, so you're just pissed that you aren't smart enough to catch me at it...right?
no if you take that many breaks you could be doing more work
but i'm already above standards
it got so bad that my boss gave me an all day job and said when it was done my partner and I could disappear for the day
we started at 6am and wrapped up at 9am...then went Christmas shopping right after breakfast

that night jim asked...just how fast are you guys
we're not speed merchants...but we're a hell of a lot faster than anybody else on this crew
his face turned red and his mouth opened...
I said...but we don't have to be

some advice I got the second day on the job...never miss a break!
you'll never get it back