Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #41926
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I never take tea or lunch breaks, I have tea and lunch at my desk, while working. But your story reminded me of a place I worked at before I worked for myself. I got told off for ensuring my team was doing the same amount of work in 2 days as others were managing in a week. Apparently, I was making the other teams look bad. I laughed and told them they were making themselves look bad. We were not even working overly fast - we were just efficient in everything we did.

11-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #41927
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Maybe I'll have a spot of tea this evening.
I'll have one (or rather a bucket) tomorrow if I pass my first anatomy exam. Being quizzed at the cadaver for about ten minutes about everything throat and thorax related. It's so much to study, and no one knows what to expect, and everyone is shit scared ... Last year one lecturer failed 14 out of the 20 students at his two tables You've got several tries, but the next module has already begun, more exams are coming, and if you don't pass first try stuff starts piling up in a way that you end up in a bad place.
11-19-2017, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #41928
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
. . . . . . . . . . . Been awhile since I've done one, still it only took about 15 minutes.

Mrs Bob wasn't here, so that might stretch to an hour by the time she gets home.

I'm thinking you should get double time for working on Sunday.

If there is any doubt, see your union steward.
11-19-2017, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #41929
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Something I stressed to my survey crew, if we get this job knocked out early we'll have some ass time the rest of the day.
ass time was sitting in the truck reading, listening to the radio, sleeping, or all of the above. (sometimes playing poker)

11-19-2017, 02:51 PM - 1 Like   #41930
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I never take tea or lunch breaks, I have tea and lunch at my desk, while working.
Do you pack a lunch in the morning, and take it to work with you?

Or do you get up from the desk and make that long walk to the kitchen?
11-19-2017, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #41931
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
I'll have one (or rather a bucket) tomorrow if I pass my first anatomy exam. Being quizzed at the cadaver for about ten minutes about everything throat and thorax related. It's so much to study, and no one knows what to expect, and everyone is shit scared ... Last year one lecturer failed 14 out of the 20 students at his two tables You've got several tries, but the next module has already begun, more exams are coming, and if you don't pass first try stuff starts piling up in a way that you end up in a bad place.
If you encounter feces, you're working on the wrong end.
11-19-2017, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #41932
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Do you pack a lunch in the morning, and take it to work with you?

Or do you get up from the desk and make that long walk to the kitchen?
I pack a lunch most every day. Today it's leftovers. So, will zap that in the microwave. Luckily the walk to the kitchen is short!

11-19-2017, 03:09 PM - 2 Likes   #41933
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
If you encounter feces, you're working on the wrong end.
Apparently our lecturer starts out rather generic, pointing at something and asking us to give an introduction, then delving into the detail. If he points at e.g. the lungs or hands me the heart I'm really rather tempted to stare him in the eye and say "Here we have the right foot." or something like that Then get serious again and give a proper answer, because I'm not completely crazy.
11-19-2017, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #41934
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Apparently our lecturer starts out rather generic, pointing at something and asking us to give an introduction, then delving into the detail. If he points at e.g. the lungs or hands me the heart I'm really rather tempted to stare him in the eye and say "Here we have the right foot." or something like that Then get serious again and give a proper answer, because I'm not completely crazy.
Only if he has a sense of humour. Which he probably does not.
11-19-2017, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #41935
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Something I stressed to my survey crew, if we get this job knocked out early we'll have some ass time the rest of the day.
ass time was sitting in the truck reading, listening to the radio, sleeping, or all of the above. (sometimes playing poker)
When I worked in that business we played cribbage at breaks and lunch. Not only in the office, where I spent most of my days, but on the odd slow days they sent me out with a crew, and we played it in the truck during lunch and the ass time.
11-19-2017, 04:05 PM   #41936
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
When I worked in that business we played cribbage at breaks and lunch. Not only in the office, where I spent most of my days, but on the odd slow days they sent me out with a crew, and we played it in the truck during lunch and the ass time.
Cribbage!?! There's a game I've not seen played in years.
11-19-2017, 04:09 PM - 2 Likes   #41937
Veteran Member

every garage in town played a different game

most played 5 point pitch..quarter per game/set/hole...a brave player could buy a lot of beer if he played to win
the first time I took dad's money I thought he was going to kick my butt down the gangway
it was also where I learned...we're playing cards not friends...so shut the hell up....the whiner changed crews

many years later the crew I landed on played a variation of cribbage...one had to peg out exactly
a serious end game strategy was required to make money, there was no slop

the union meetings were always followed by poker and very heavy drinking
the games were simple and the pots were large
folks who liked wild cards and such got to play at the "kid's table"
11-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #41938
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When I was a kid, a union rep turned up at my dad's work. Once.
11-19-2017, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #41939
Veteran Member

then the rep wasn't up to the game

all workers should have the option of representation
eventually every employer will operate in their self-interest regardless of the effect on their employees

union representation can mitigate the harm an employer can inflict and provides a vehicle for equality in the workplace

just my opinion...but i'm right
11-19-2017, 06:12 PM - 2 Likes   #41940
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I think you are talking about the other Washington. There is a Washington which is all about talking a long time.
Racer is talking about the real Washington, not the one that lives in some alternate reality, a fantasy-land of their own... We have trees and mountains, including The Mountain and her sister volcanoes, and salty inland seaways, and all sorts of cool stuff! Like Beer! and Bacon!

Rupert, you fight however hard you want, however and whenever it ends is what it is. Just know ya have lots of friends all over the globe. Been a helluva ride.