Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2017, 09:11 PM - 2 Likes   #43351
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
No. You can use that one with a backhoe to dig the hole for the Ford or Chevy though.

12-28-2017, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #43352
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I do have a slice of pizza and a piece of liver casserole left over. Neither really makes for a dinner...
Have both.
12-28-2017, 09:17 PM   #43353
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Have both.
Both are very good but the portions, even when combined, not all that filling.
12-28-2017, 09:59 PM   #43354
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
yeah, yeah

I understood what you meant but as I said, I couldn't resist commenting in what I hope was recognized as an attempt at being somewhat funny
I thought that that's what you were doing and was amused. I was being a bit naughty
not sure about what happens where you are but we rarely eat pumpkin except in pies with the pumpkin coming from cans
I've had pumpkin pie and it's very good. The other American pie we used to make is pecan pie. We don't eat as many deserts as we used to. Old age.
I don't think that I've ever bought pumpkin in a can. It's available fresh all year round. If we're roasting in the Weber Q, I use half a butternut pumpkin, leave the skin on, and cut it into roughly 3/4" to 1" thick slices vertically. Rub it over with olive oil and grind or two of black pepper. I'll also cut a few potatoes into pieces that will roast in about the same time. Ours is a Q2200AU, the mid-size one, so there's not a lot of room for veggies around the chicken on the trivet. It's big enough for the two of us. I have discovered that it's not a good idea to let the vegges touch the meat.

Another pumpkin favourite is pumpkin and leek soup.

---------- Post added 29-12-17 at 16:17 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Over here there are the people who bought Tesco turkey for GBP60 (more like USD70-75) and found they were gone bad before Christmas day.
A friend on another froup has been having a bad time with Tesco lately. He's used their shopping service/pickup/home delivery for years and it's been great. But lately they've started to change his customer profile. He's always had "NO substitutions", but they changed it to "allow substitutions" and sent him a load of stuff he didn't want. He hasn't been able to change it back. A bit of a worry.

---------- Post added 29-12-17 at 16:35 ----------

because of my diet, started Monday Night, my son and his wife took home all the left overs

and there was a lot
That is just plain horrible. I feel for you. Leftovers should be there for a few days to nibble on in the middle of the night. And you can have many wonderful research projects to find the perfect, healthy way to use leftovers. Of course, that involves a lot of taste testing.

12-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #43355
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This is processed grass.

That is one part of the processed grass. The equation is: grass in, intended product s meat and that stuff is the byproduct which comes as a fact of life.
12-28-2017, 11:36 PM - 1 Like   #43356
Pentaxian

Of course the French have nothing on the Canadians when it comes to trying to get people to stop using tobacco.

Australian packs are better than that. They have the gruesome pictures on a plain paper background with a really basic typed text to identify the brand - no fancy logos.
12-28-2017, 11:44 PM - 2 Likes   #43357
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I do have a slice of pizza and a piece of liver casserole left over. Neither really makes for a dinner...

But both together gets a bit closer. Then raiding the biscuits in the pantry, and other such health foods.

12-28-2017, 11:56 PM   #43358
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
A friend on another froup has been having a bad time with Tesco lately. He's used their shopping service/pickup/home delivery for years and it's been great. But lately they've started to change his customer profile. He's always had "NO substitutions", but they changed it to "allow substitutions" and sent him a load of stuff he didn't want. He hasn't been able to change it back. A bit of a worry.

Some businesses are like that. I find those that set their websites up to make it really obscure how to tailor it to escape being inflicted with 'services' you do not want really frustrating. I suppose Tesco must be taking the NHS philosophy of supplying lowest bidder substitutions of the brand name medicines. I commented to the GP one time that one of the tablet substitutions was difficult to have a positive sensation of swallowing because it was so small. Why not fill it out with filler that makes it large enough to swallow easily. Cannot really complain. My prescriptions are both in NHS funding and there cost me about the same as PBS in Australia, but in Australia one of them was paid at full 'cost', so even after insurance payment it cost me about 2 to 3 times as much. BTW: for Australians, my GP there was very helpful in finding the prescription/package quantity to prescribe so the it minimised the overall cost, after insurance payment. Paid off to use a GP working in a very poor part of town where money is a big issue for many of his customers.

Tell your friend to move on to one of the Tesco competitors, to quote the BBC "other brands of supermarket are available".
12-29-2017, 12:01 AM   #43359
Pentaxian

The world is improving again. Clackers did his job and arranged the rain.
Australia: all out 327.
England: all out 491.
Australia: 2/103 and rain stopped play, after about half a day of play.

Thank you Clackers for bringing a draw into sight. Now we just need the rain on Saturday tidily arranged for delaying play.
12-29-2017, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #43360
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ccc_ Quote
make sure your kids agree on the disposition of your remains
Nah, I'll let them know my views but I don't really care if they choose differently. I won't be there anyway
12-29-2017, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #43361
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The world is improving again. Clackers did his job and arranged the rain.
Australia: all out 327.
England: all out 491.
Australia: 2/103 and rain stopped play, after about half a day of play.

Thank you Clackers for bringing a draw into sight. Now we just need the rain on Saturday tidily arranged for delaying play.
So the Aussies went off on holiday a bit early and need help from bad weather?

I guess that's alright as long as Clackers controls the weather sliders
12-29-2017, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #43362
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Australian packs are better than that. They have the gruesome pictures on a plain paper background with a really basic typed text to identify the brand - no fancy logos.
The real problem is that people are addicted to the cigarettes and the governments are addicted to tax revenues. So they take pseudo steps that make them appear to concerned about the side effects but not enough to solve the problem. An interesting study in the US showed that if everyone in the US that smokes quit. government expenses would actually go up. People would live longer and stand a good chance of getting other kinds of cancers. Social security expenditures would go up too for the same reason.
12-29-2017, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #43363
Veteran Member

I came here to say I'm sorry for posting the farewell song from the sound of music as my last post yesterday evening.
It's been stuck in my head ever since.
12-29-2017, 07:24 AM   #43364
Veteran Member

One more post for my 4K.
I think I'll get another star, let's see......
12-29-2017, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #43365
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
One more post for my 4K.
I think I'll get another star, let's see.....
Here Racer, I'll save you the trouble.