Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2018, 09:31 AM - 3 Likes   #43921
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Man, those are some badly designed jet-skis...
Wanna go for a ride on one?

01-17-2018, 12:25 PM - 2 Likes   #43922
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
I love the old Nagants. I have the 91/30 and the M44. I had the Nagant model 1895 revolver but it was stolen back in 2011 when my house was broken into. They caught the illigal Mexicans but I did not get anything back. I hate theives. I still have the holster for the pistol and 2 spam cans of ammo for the rifles but it has been a few years since I have shot them. Both have the bayonets and the M44 has matching numbers except for the bolt for what that is worth.

Steve

Over here you would need to have it in a safe, so when they broke in they would not have been able to steal it - you would still have it.

One of my colleagues was explaining the rules here, after a long list of other things, such as a member of a shooting club for 6 months using weapons owned by the club or others, and regularly attending the club, you need to show your safe, properly installed in your house to get your licence to be allowed to buy any firearm - unless you arrange to have it kept at a registered armoury.
01-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #43923
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Over here you would need to have it in a safe, so when they broke in they would not have been able to steal it - you would still have it.

One of my colleagues was explaining the rules here, after a long list of other things, such as a member of a shooting club for 6 months using weapons owned by the club or others, and regularly attending the club, you need to show your safe, properly installed in your house to get your licence to be allowed to buy any firearm - unless you arrange to have it kept at a registered armoury.
works for me, ours are laxer than that in Canada but still significantly more stringent than the US.
01-17-2018, 02:49 PM - 4 Likes   #43924
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Does this look like the face of an insecure person?
Bob, I met a guy in South Africa who'd borrowed your expression

01-17-2018, 03:14 PM - 4 Likes   #43925
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Bob, I met a guy in South Africa who'd borrowed your expression
Handsome looking fellow.
I knew I should have a twin somewhere on this earth.
01-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #43926
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I do not have a puukko
Nor do I, not sure why. I used to when growing up. Might have to remedy that this coming summer.
I do have a Fiskar`s bayonet for my M-76, it is almost as good as a puukko.
01-17-2018, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #43927
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Sounds to me you need a Sisu Pasi to go with that

Sisu XA-185 Vesiajo -11 - YouTube
Awesome.

That thing moves along quite well in the water.

01-17-2018, 08:24 PM - 1 Like   #43928
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Awesome.

That thing moves along quite well in the water.
Well suited for the local terrain and lakes.
But this is the stuff if you don't mind the fuel mileage. Speed is life!
Planing a snowmobile... lame!

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-18-2018 at 03:28 AM.
01-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #43929
Pentaxian

Big news here this week is the bankruptcy of a company called Carillion. They provided all kinds of things and services for government. One of the smaller ones was lunches for children at school.

In Australia parents do not expect the school to provide lunch, kids either take packed lunch (and these days fussy schools have all kinds of rules about what one can pack) or buy it, normal commercial foods at a little shop at the school, but not just served at school 'free'.

What I cannot understand is why any parent would want their kids supplied the food provided by the lowest bidder on a contract.
01-17-2018, 11:09 PM - 1 Like   #43930
Pentaxian

Over night there was snow in the land to the north where the men wear dresses. Drivers have been told to not go out because there is chaos.
01-18-2018, 02:00 AM - 1 Like   #43931
Veteran Member

Just so you guys know I ain't kidding when I tell you there are dangerous animals in the bush - here's a specimen of the rare firebreathing nyala of Southern Africa
You're absolutely right; here is another dangerous one
01-18-2018, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #43932
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Your 401k must be a lot healthier than mine!
Can I get a ride when you get it?

You are right they cost way more than I thought they would.

You can get a used Russian BMP starting at $17,000.

BTR-60 - Armoured Vehicles - Mortarinvestments.eu - Mortar Investments

01-18-2018, 05:10 AM   #43933
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
You are right they cost way more than I thought they would.

You can get a used Russian BMP starting at $17,000.

BTR-60 - Armoured Vehicles - Mortarinvestments.eu - Mortar Investments
but think of the possibilities

if you bring a ladder, you could park it any where, if there is a vehicle in the way, just drive on top of it.

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-18-2018 at 11:03 AM.
01-18-2018, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #43934
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Over night there was snow in the land to the north where the men wear dresses. Drivers have been told to not go out because there is chaos.
Unfortunately nobody has told the local idjits not to go out around here. It's the same every effing time. A few decimeters of snow and we have complete chaos. I guess what was normal winter conditions a few decades ago is now "extreme weather" Too expensive to keep enough snowploughs when they're mostly not needed. And people forget how to drive with a bit of snow on the road. Of course, visiting trucks on worn-out summer tyres and no chains don't exactly help

Now I see headlines of the "monster cold" that's approaching. News flash: It's perfectly normal to have -20°C in January, even here in the mild south. But I guess in these click bait times everything has to be "extreme".

At least they still know how to behave further north. Their main problem is their aching sides from laughing at us southerners
01-18-2018, 06:06 AM - 3 Likes   #43935
Pentaxian

At least they still know how to behave further north. Their main problem is their aching sides from laughing at us southerners

Watch out, in the land of suing people (our friends west of the Atlantic are in that land) [does that make it the land of sewage?] would sue you southerners for the injury, and blow it out of all proportion by calling it "assault".