Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108808 Likes Search this Thread
02-14-2018, 09:23 PM - 2 Likes   #44506
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
It is also Valentine’s Day.

I got a dozen roses and a card for Mrs. Racer.

It is our 20th Valentines Day.

We just finished a nice steak dinner together and after it settles a bit there is some chocolate caramel cake with walnuts and vanilla ice cream.
We did the same thing last night. Out for a steak dinner, the roses and the card. Oh, and I got Annie chocolates too. 22 years together.

02-14-2018, 11:01 PM - 1 Like   #44507
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Actually this is:

Bad boy Bert.

Gear talk and bragging.
02-14-2018, 11:40 PM - 3 Likes   #44508
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Time for a Valentines Day "Rupert Story" (Not that I imply that my stories are in any way as nearly as good as real "Rupert Stories" but we can only work with what we've got. And I like to think it honours Rupert to call a somewhat strange story a Rupert story. Maybe I should call it a Rupertesque story?)

Many moons ago, a very good friend of mine met this lovely young woman at a nightclub. (Hey, I said it was long ago - we still went to nightclubs when nightclubs were still called nightclubs!)

Anyway, he really likes this young lady; she's stunning in every way, physically and conversationally, and he asks her out on a date. They go on the date and have a splendid time, get on like a house on fire. During the just before sunrise hour after a night out partying he invites her home to his place, which in those days was a city apartment. They get there and he grabs a bottle of bubbly from the fridge, two glasses, and leads her up the stairs to the (private) roof garden, from where they were able to take in the sunrise and stunning sea view. (And hear the prayers from the several nearby Mosques, but that's not really relevant to this story.)

But, imagine if you will, a lovely late summer early morning, warm, clear sky, beautiful view, stunning girl with eyes only for him, sun just creeping over the horizon, birds waking, city still mostly asleep, except for singing from the Mosques.
This all goes beautifully and they're having a great time on the blanket up on the roof when his hand ventures South. And he discovers that "she" has a bigger package than him.

The postscript to this tale is that we all asked (as concerned friends do) what happened next, but he always maintained that a gentleman never tells.

May your Valentines Day be a happy one and if you're hoping for a surprise, I hope you get one!

Last edited by MarkJerling; 02-15-2018 at 02:58 AM.
02-15-2018, 03:33 AM   #44509
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We did the same thing last night. Out for a steak dinner, the roses and the card. Oh, and I got Annie chocolates too. 22 years together.
22 years.

Nice.

We had the steak dinner in, prepared it together.

02-15-2018, 03:36 AM   #44510
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh yeah, it snowed here yesterday morning. Had a few inches but it was gone by midday.

Coming home from work in the afternoon the Cascades had a lovely white frosting.
02-15-2018, 04:52 AM - 4 Likes   #44511
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh yeah, it snowed here yesterday morning. Had a few inches but it was gone by midday.
The way it looks around here I expect it to be gone by mid May
02-15-2018, 05:11 AM   #44512
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
The way it looks around here I expect it to be gone by mid May
There was a good reason why Mrs. Racer’s grandparents chose a lower parallel when they immigrated to North America.

Just far enough South to have a warmer summer but not so far that they didn’t have some snow to remind them of home.

02-15-2018, 05:48 AM   #44513
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Bad boy Bert.

Gear talk and bragging.

Sorry Bert. Must have offended you. No answer from you before someone else liked this post.
02-15-2018, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #44514
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

There was a good reason why Mrs. Racer’s grandparents chose a lower parallel when they immigrated to North America.

Just far enough South to have a warmer summer but not so far that they didn’t have some snow to remind them of home.
...not so far that they didn't have some snow to remind them of why they left
02-15-2018, 05:50 AM - 3 Likes   #44515
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

This is just like seeing some of the threads in the Hoax & Moaning part of the forums.

02-15-2018, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #44516
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
And he discovers that "she" has a bigger package than him.
This was back before Amazon, so it must have been from Sears and Roebuck.
02-15-2018, 07:10 AM   #44517
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

What the... I really didn't know that the Facebook developers all are on LSD. What's the idea with automatically mangle "translate" everything with no option to just turn it off? I actually have to list every language I do not want mangled.

Gah. I guess I'll just go back to ignoring everything to do with Facebook again. I have to admit, though, that it's pretty impressive to make a product that instantly sends my blood pressure sky rocketing within seconds of logging in. It happened now, and it happened the last time I logged in some 10 years ago.

But I can't really blame anyone else for never learning, can I
02-15-2018, 07:20 AM   #44518
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Sorry Bert. Must have offended you. No answer from you before someone else liked this post.
I was sleeping...
02-15-2018, 07:23 AM   #44519
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
What the... I really didn't know that the Facebook developers all are on LSD. What's the idea with automatically mangle "translate" everything with no option to just turn it off? I actually have to list every language I do not want mangled.

Gah. I guess I'll just go back to ignoring everything to do with Facebook again. I have to admit, though, that it's pretty impressive to make a product that instantly sends my blood pressure sky rocketing within seconds of logging in. It happened now, and it happened the last time I logged in some 10 years ago.

But I can't really blame anyone else for never learning, can I
Only reason I'm on Facebook is to stay in touch with people I meet, and to remind me of birthdays...
02-15-2018, 07:37 AM - 3 Likes   #44520
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Only reason I'm on Facebook is to stay in touch with people I meet, and to remind me of birthdays...
The few people I want to stay in touch with I can manage without the bacefook. Then I can keep my electronic friends here - the interaction here is more "real" than all the cat videos over there anyway

I guess the same goes for birthdays. Besides, I have a secretary for that

Yes, she knows I call her that from time to time