Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2018, 07:21 AM   #44551
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So you would be old enough to be her daddy.
Definitely. And I couldn't handle that much chocolate anyway.

02-16-2018, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #44552
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah, so that's where it began...

02-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #44553
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
But I lead the way here.

About half my total post count is in this thread.

Must be all that bacon.
02-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #44554
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yes, this is mine ... I do need to wear steel-capped work boots in case I drop it.

Bet you have a hard time finding a battery for it.

02-16-2018, 11:12 PM   #44555
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

But it was one of those that back in the day you had to talk very loudly for the person at the other end to hear you. Remember those old rides on the bus? Works just the same now, even with a no good battery, except the little lights do not come on.
02-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #44556
Pentaxian

Yes, this is mine ... I do need to wear steel-capped work boots in case I drop it.

I had a friend who went to Singapore, way back when those were fashionable. There was a kind of adult toy that looked just like that. People, adults, would buy them and then go outside to a place where they could be seen and lift it like they were making a call and talk for a long time like in a phone call, except there was no other end of the conversation. They were trying to show off they were rich enough to have one.

My friend said it was a very sad sight, seeing adults who needed to get their self-actualisation through such an obvious pretense.

I guess they are the same kind of people who buy Rollex watches - they were not even smart enough to know the real one has only one 'l', let alone all the other details that mean anyone with half an eye could see they were a pretender.
02-17-2018, 06:57 AM - 3 Likes   #44557
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No 3K for me, bought this puppy yesterday.
Went to Wally World, was looking at their bbq stuff and the lawn/garden manager offered me this ceramic Kamado grill (think Big Green Egg) for $300, regular price $600. How could I resist?
Now it sits in the family room waiting for our son to come by and help lift it onto the stand. Total shipping weight is 178 lbs.

02-17-2018, 10:43 AM - 3 Likes   #44558
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
No 3K for me, bought this puppy yesterday.
So... You bought a K22 instead? You made absolutely sure there aren't any hidden-away marks of the livE hociR on the thing, right?

I was goin to ask if it was through-and-through cast iron with that weight but then realised it weighs about the same as me - and I'm not cast iron

Looks like it has some serious bacon cooking capacity. Looking forward to seeing some results of your new toy. Errm, tool.

Last edited by savoche; 02-17-2018 at 10:53 AM.
02-17-2018, 06:50 PM - 2 Likes   #44559
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

..... lusting after anything more than the chocolate is sick and twisted.
Your point was?
02-17-2018, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #44560
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I had a friend who went to Singapore, way back when those were fashionable. There was a kind of adult toy that looked just like that. People, adults, would buy them and then go outside to a place where they could be seen and lift it like they were making a call and talk for a long time like in a phone call, except there was no other end of the conversation. They were trying to show off they were rich enough to have one.
Many moons ago when those phones were new, a friend of mine had a military radio set which could pick up their frequency. In those days, mobile phone communications was not encrypted. We used to listen to lots of rich fools making phone calls. Usually, these went something like this:

"Hallo granny." Hallo??? "Hallo granny" "Is that you Franky? You sound very far away." "Yes granny, it's me, Franky. I'm calling you on my new cellphone." "Hallo, HALLO??? Are you there Franky?"

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I guess they are the same kind of people who buy Rollex watches - they were not even smart enough to know the real one has only one 'l', let alone all the other details that mean anyone with half an eye could see they were a pretender.
There are plenty of fake Rolex watches with just one L in the name.
02-17-2018, 07:04 PM - 4 Likes   #44561
Veteran Member

an old one.

A lawyer opened the door of his BMW, when suddenly a car came along and hit the door, ripping it off completely.
When the police arrived at the scene, the lawyer was complaining bitterly about the damage to his precious BMW.
“Officer, look what they’ve done to my Beeeeemer!!!”, he whined.
“You lawyers are so materialistic, you make me sick!!!”, retorted the officer.
“You’re so worried about your stupid BMW, that you didn’t even notice that your left arm was ripped off!”
“Oh no!”, replied the lawyer, finally noticing the bloody left shoulder where his arm once was.
“Where’s my Rolex???!!!”
02-17-2018, 10:58 PM - 2 Likes   #44562
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Somewhere I do still have a Nokia 3310. If I were to find it after all these years it'd probably have a 45% battery level.

02-17-2018, 11:37 PM   #44563
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Many moons ago when those phones were new, a friend of mine had a military radio set which could pick up their frequency. In those days, mobile phone communications was not encrypted. We used to listen to lots of rich fools making phone calls. Usually, these went something like this:

"Hallo granny." Hallo??? "Hallo granny" "Is that you Franky? You sound very far away." "Yes granny, it's me, Franky. I'm calling you on my new cellphone." "Hallo, HALLO??? Are you there Franky?"

There are plenty of fake Rolex watches with just one L in the name.

Some years ago I was sitting on the bus with a colleague. There was a phone call from one of those people who likes to advertise their private affairs by shouting as if the person at the other end hears the shouting, not the phone call, where one of the first lines was "where are you". He said, the most common words on the mobile "where are you".
02-18-2018, 06:01 AM   #44564
Veteran Member

I'm so old I can remember getting my first one of these for work:

02-18-2018, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #44565
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Somewhere I do still have a Nokia 3310. If I were to find it after all these years it'd probably have a 45% battery level.

The Samsung Rugby 4 I pictured I am still using today. It is less than a year old, and functions perfectly. For a fraction of the cost of a so called smart phone.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »