Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
07-23-2018, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #52651
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Kinda like the Toyota 2000gt, I don't think it was ever available in North America
Maybe not available in North America, but there are a few here.

One I read about recently is being restored by an old Japanese guy in California. He has replaced some of the original aluminum panels with new ones hammered out over wooden bucks he custom built for that purpose.

07-23-2018, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #52652
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, yesterday the boat took out the pick up truck. Today a dump truck decided that driving down the road with his tipper up would be a good idea. This is right in front of a high school. Luckily only summer classes in session. Students held in place. No way to get into the driveways. If this had happened during the school year there would have been a lot of high school students out on those sidewalks. Less that a mile from my house as the crow flies. All my kids went to that school.

Splicing those telephone and fiber optic cables back together will be a lot of fun. Especially the fiber optics cables. I used to have to do a single fiber optic cable once in awhile. Doing a whole bundle has to be a daunting task.

Last edited by gaweidert; 07-23-2018 at 12:10 PM.
07-23-2018, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #52653
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's crazy how many poles it took out!!
07-23-2018, 03:25 PM - 3 Likes   #52654
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well, yesterday the boat took out the pick up truck. Today a dump truck decided that driving down the road with his tipper up would be a good idea. This is right in front of a high school. Luckily only summer classes in session. Students held in place. No way to get into the driveways. If this had happened during the school year there would have been a lot of high school students out on those sidewalks. Less that a mile from my house as the crow flies. All my kids went to that school.

Splicing those telephone and fiber optic cables back together will be a lot of fun. Especially the fiber optics cables. I used to have to do a single fiber optic cable once in awhile. Doing a whole bundle has to be a daunting task.

That looks expensive.

07-23-2018, 03:25 PM - 2 Likes   #52655
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

A bit quiet this time
Early Datsuns and Toyotas doing there roadsters
Trees growing for the upper hand
Sly wants to go on safari
And a tip truck got lost and didn't know where to put the load
Off to work now see ya in 5 hrs

Dave
07-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #52656
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . Splicing those telephone and fiber optic cables back together will be a lot of fun. Especially the fiber optics cables. I used to have to do a single fiber optic cable once in awhile. Doing a whole bundle has to be a daunting task.
I never drove anything bigger than a pick up truck or rental box truck

but it seem logical there would be some sort of notice to the driver that the trailer was tilted up

mechanical failure is a possibility but otherwise it appears it would the driver's fault totally

perhaps our resident long haul trucker might know more

or he is still out at the race track ?

did it take out power lines as well ??
07-23-2018, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #52657
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I never drove anything bigger than a pick up truck or rental box truck

but it seem logical there would be some sort of notice to the driver that the trailer was tilted up

mechanical failure is a possibility but otherwise it appears it would the driver's fault totally

perhaps our resident long haul trucker might know more

or he is still out at the race track ?

did it take out power lines as well ??
There's supposed to be a "Dump body up" indicator light. Could be he had one and it's faulty, or that he did not have one. Or, that he ignored the light. Whichever way you look at it, it's "Operator Error" as you can easily see in your mirrors if the dump body is up.

07-23-2018, 06:25 PM - 2 Likes   #52658
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking at the new posts, I think we need to simply send a K-1 to Photogoof, who seems to have pulled an all-nighter and dug up every Post Your Photo we ever did!
07-23-2018, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #52659
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Looking at the new posts, I think we need to simply send a K-1 to Photogoof, who seems to have pulled an all-nighter and dug up every Post Your Photo we ever did!
Nah he has buried every recent image a lot of folks have posted in a somewhat normal fashion. I have a few to post but I will put them in a sub category like bokeh or by lens because then it may get seen by someone other than him.
07-23-2018, 06:42 PM - 2 Likes   #52660
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
FozzFoster had a count over 600 last month when we really needed most posts.
Medals to all these guys.

Quality as well as quantity, I'm sure.

07-23-2018, 06:42 PM - 4 Likes   #52661
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Having worked in the utility industry for 30 years I can tell you that is going to be a huge bill for the repairs. I see about 14 broken poles there, and there are likely others that are broken, but not down.

The repair costs are likely to be between $500,000 and $1,000,000.

I bet that truck driver had to pee in a cup.

And I bet tomorrow he will be looking for work as a greeter at WalMart, because he won't be able to find a job driving a truck..
07-23-2018, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #52662
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Racer

I am not familiar with the 1500 roadster have you a shot of one ?

Dave
Here is one from Wikipedia Dave.

With Victoria plates.

(Actually it is a 1600, but they are all pretty much the same)

07-23-2018, 06:51 PM - 1 Like   #52663
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In 2006, as we were moving to Massachusetts, my wife got a call from the moving van - they had come to a railroad underpass lower than their truck, and they were hoping she {new to town!} knew another way there. Fortunately, she had just purchased a map {on paper!} of the area, and was able to plot a route that didn't have any underpasses, but we kind of thought they should have figured this one out themselves.
At least they stopped and didn't peel the top off the van and scatter your stuff all over.
07-23-2018, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #52664
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Here is one from Wikipedia Dave.

With Victoria plates.

And right hand drive.

Just the way you like them down under.
Looks like a Left hand drive from this angle.
07-23-2018, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #52665
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Looks like a Left hand drive from this angle.
I caught that and revised my post.

Still, it has an Australian plate on it.