Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2018, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #57691
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
. . . . . . big burger patty, . . . . . . .
Goat burger?

09-23-2018, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #57692
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Rebel with a cause, eh?
No doubt.

I carry a Samsung Rugby 4. I have had a Rugby since the first one. Built to mil spec for dust and weather resistance (kind of like a Pentax, eh?), water resistant to 10 feet, also shock and crush resistant. One I had actually got run over by Monstro.

I have never really broken one, but have worn them out. The first three were free with a two year recommittment. The current one I had to buy off of eBay because they don't offer them anymore. I got it for about $60.

The one just before it was nearly worn out and it took a swim in the washing machine. I know, water resistant to 10 feet. But it was about 5 years old, and was the one that saw the business side of a tire on Monstro. I think something about 80,000lbs of heavy truck rolling over it made the water resistance not so resistant.

All in all they are cheap, the plan is cheap, and I can make and receive phone calls.

I'll stick with them until the network goes to whatever #G service that won't be backwards compatible with them and then reevaluate my need for a phone in my pocket.

Hey, I still have a rotary cradle phone that rings like a bell when someone calls me. Works awesome. And I better not see any Rebels trying to run over it.
09-23-2018, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #57693
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
And I better not see any Rebels trying to run over it.
Might be a great wheel chock.
Anyway, the S5 was tired and done for before the "incident", way slow in responding to any inputs.
09-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #57694
Veteran Member

Goat burger?
No, Beef.

09-23-2018, 09:05 PM - 2 Likes   #57695
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
More like a 5700 pound truck running over it.
Hi Ex finn

Thats not a truck 2and a half ton truck thats just a starter motor

Dave
09-23-2018, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #57696
Pentaxian

Makes me think of the days when the phreakers were using blue boxes on landlines to call anywhere, anytime, for phree.

Also shows it is not good to invest in a telco with one of those cost-cutter accountants I mentioned a few days ago. Need a telco with a visionary accountant who can thinks of new lines of business to go into to make more profit - wine clubs, bank services, ...
09-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #57697
Pentaxian

I use it all the time to talk to Finland, works great.
Speaking of phones, my Galaxy S5 suffered from a technical difficulty. Replaced it with S9 therefore no K3...

What did that to it?

09-23-2018, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #57698
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

Well.....
Boundaries are moving more than an earthquake.....at a cost of course
Gif's are the nerds new toy
Is there a use for facebook....well I never
Goats milk , meat and cheese are getting popular again
Oh but what about the BACON

Dave

My email got an ad this morning - to get a facebook account.

Not convincing. Deleted it.

I hear on the business radio that facebook is getting deperate - very few new customers. What do they expect when they give your data away and show you annoying ads all the time?
09-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #57699
Pentaxian

I have never really broken one, but have worn them out. The first three were free with a two year recommittment. The current one I had to buy off of eBay because they don't offer them anymore. I got it for about $60.

Many people say the telcos here put you on a plan like that when you get the phone but do not decrease your monthly payment when the contract term ends, to put you on a normal deal. So unless people are alert they keep on paying the 'for phone' rate even when they do not need to.

Quite likely a result of most regular payments being done by direct debit, instead of the person responding to bills. The seller just dives into your bank account to take out a number they think of.
09-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #57700
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Many people say the telcos here put you on a plan like that when you get the phone but do not decrease your monthly payment when the contract term ends, to put you on a normal deal. So unless people are alert they keep on paying the 'for phone' rate even when they do not need to.

Quite likely a result of most regular payments being done by direct debit, instead of the person responding to bills. The seller just dives into your bank account to take out a number they think of.
Hi Tim

Direct debit a new form of theft from your account
If it is not a set regular payment then no way

Dave
09-23-2018, 11:54 PM - 2 Likes   #57701
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Photo proof or it's just prattle.
I realized that after I ate it...
No "after" photo, thankyouverymuch
09-23-2018, 11:55 PM - 4 Likes   #57702
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I use it all the time to talk to Finland, works great.
Speaking of phones, my Galaxy S5 suffered from a technical difficulty. Replaced it with S9 therefore no K3...
I told you you should have used a screen protector!
09-23-2018, 11:56 PM - 3 Likes   #57703
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

In your front pocket while picking up something very heavy, like a giant old CRT TV?
More like a 5700 pound truck running over it.
I trust it was not in your pocket at the time? I know Finns are tough, but...
09-24-2018, 01:14 AM   #57704
Pentaxian

Haven't bought a phone on-contract for years - no strings or "hidden payments"! We buy outright and then choose the PAYG SIMs which suit/seem best value at the time, or over time - currently a mixture of GiffGaff and Virginmedia.
09-24-2018, 02:15 AM   #57705
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I still sit down each month and pay all my bills the old fashioned way, with my checkbook.

The only time I ever paid for a phone was after the telco stopped offering the free one, and I needed a new one.

They are still pestering me to “upgrade” to one of those smrat phons, but I will not pay for one, and they don’t give them away like they used to.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »