Not that Bill.

Bill Gates.

10-13-2018, 06:13 PM - 2 Likes   #58367
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
"Bacon" is becoming somewhat "boring" - other "dishes" are often more "delicious"
How about pâté de foie gras?

With bacon on top, of course.
10-13-2018, 06:14 PM - 2 Likes   #58368
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Back in the day....me

March 1998
Hey, that is a snowmobile, not a boat!
10-13-2018, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #58369
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
"A le Cog"??????????
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Estonian "A cock" beer.
A Le Coq

QuoteQuote:
A. Le Coq is the oldest and biggest drinks manufacturer in Estonia. Our product portfolio includes 11 different product groups. The main product group is beers, followed by juices, waters and soft drinks, and the remaining product groups such as ciders, light alcoholic beverages, Active juice drinks, sports and energy drinks, syrups and kvass. The company is dedicated to the preservation and development of good drinking culture in Estonia by valuing old manufacturing traditions as well as taking an innovative approach to updating its product portfolio so it can offer consumers new and healthy flavour combinations.

10-13-2018, 08:09 PM - 1 Like   #58370
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Hey, if it's from Missouri it has to be good!
Estonian beer, distributor/importer is in MO.
Had it last summer in Finland, very drinkable.
10-13-2018, 08:13 PM - 2 Likes   #58371
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Very odd.
I blame Bill.
I would blame Clippy!
10-13-2018, 10:42 PM - 3 Likes   #58372
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I just entered that game number into the game and it played out no problems. Must have been a hiccup in the programming.

Just before it happened I had been looking at the forum, then went back to the game. When I first tried to make a move, the card I clicked on was not the card that moved, rather a card a couple columns to the right moved. This happened for a couple of moves, and I undid the plays using ctrl+z. Then, as I made the move that stacked the cards as in the screen grab I posted here, I realized the 2 of Spades was missing.

Very odd.

I blame Bill.

And so you should. Billian computing at its best.

Remember the little dialog box that used to come up: 'Illegal operation, OK'. The only button to hit was OK, and when you did it shut down the program without saving the current state of your work.

I cannot see what the value of that function call was.

I suggested to a former student who was working for the publisher of that SW that he go through and remove all calls to that function because I found no value n the function.

10-13-2018, 10:47 PM - 2 Likes   #58373
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Never here. Downing some Coopers Pale ale at the moment. Thinking of Baby-back ribs

Good move. Coopers is good.

Remember, you gently roll the bottle before opening (screw-off cap) to stir up the yeast sediments, then open. Best poured into a glass so your nose gets the aromatics direct, not just up from the throat.
10-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #58374
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Many years ago... in fact, I can say with some confidence it would have been around 35 years ago... I was in hospital, recuperating from a relatively minor operation. Back then, most of the UK (and especially the North East of England) didn't really understand the whole "vegetarian" thing. But, the hospital I was residing in had something called a "nut cutlet" on the menu for dinner, and purely out of curiosity I ordered it. It was shaped, rather invitingly, like a lamb chop (we call some chops "cutlets" over here, depending on the exact cut), and served with mashed potato and mixed vegetables. To be fair, I ate the whole darned plate of food, because I was hungry. But that nut cutlet... well, it tasted pretty much as I expected... to wit: soaked nuts plus chopped onions and seasoning, with some kind of binding "matter" allowing it to be shaped into something masquerading as "food", cooked until brown. I assume the potato and mixed veg were there to add flavour. Certainly, they were the best bits.

Probably cooked by some oversize cook who struggles to get through the door, and whose skills would make it very difficult to cook any two consecutive copies to be approximately the same.

Another curious bit of usage here. In the supermarket meat section everything is called a 'joint', whether there is any bone or not, not even limiting the use of the word to meat with bone, let alone to where the cut includes an actual joint. How come?
10-13-2018, 10:55 PM - 1 Like   #58375
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
I see Hospital food is a worldwide experience.

No wonder we are always glad to leave

Dave

That's the way to get people to declare they are well enough to go home, and therefore cease the expenditure associated with keeping them in the expensive hotel.
10-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #58376
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Probably cooked by some oversize cook who struggles to get through the door, and whose skills would make it very difficult to cook any two consecutive copies to be approximately the same.
I've always thought that large cooks are some the best.
As I've mentioned before, dad became totally blind at age 30 from a construction accident.
At age 40 we moved to St Louis so he could operate the cafeteria at the Federal Record Center.
His cook was a large African American lady named Rose. She was like part of our family and an excellent cook.
The only thing I had against Rose was when I was helping out and had to retrieve something from the walk-in cooler.
She knew I was claustrophobic and would hold the door shut long enough for my panic to set in, that wasn't very long but seemed like it at the time.
10-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #58377
Pentaxian

Some large cooks are very good.

I was thinking more of the bad examples.
10-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #58378
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The only thing I had against Rose was when I was helping out and had to retrieve something from the walk-in cooler.
She knew I was claustrophobic and would hold the door shut long enough for my panic to set in, that wasn't very long but seemed like it at the time.
What Rose needed was a swift kick in the nuts.
10-14-2018, 02:43 PM - 4 Likes   #58379
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Aric Almirola driving the Smithfield sponsored Ford has won the October Talladega race. He only led one lap in today's race, the final lap. Kurt Busch, who started from the pole, led the most laps (108) but ran out of fuel on the second to last lap, and finished 14th.

Someone will win bacon for life.

Awesome.

And I will not buy a K-3.

Even if I win the bacon.
10-14-2018, 03:21 PM - 6 Likes   #58380
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That would have driven me insane. I'm not quite so bad in later years, but I used to be awfully claustrophobic.

Another story...

Back in my school days, I was generally a very mild-mannered kid. I stayed out of trouble... didn't fight 99% of the time (I'd been brought up that way, for better or worse), and wasn't very good at it for the other 1% - which was kind of a disability given the pretty rough area I grew up in (especially since I didn't have a strong regional accent - at least, not compared to the other primates)

At senior school, when I was around 14 years old, this very big, fat, rough lump of a bully, a couple of school years above me - Tom Sawyer was his name (I kid you not) - took his dislike of me further than usual. He sat on me and pinned me down so I couldn't move my body or arms. Then he started punching me hard in the face...

It wasn't the punching that bothered me so much... Although it wasn't pleasant, I had a reasonable tolerance and pain threshold for that (I'd long since learned the pain from a good punch was slightly delayed ). It was the fact that I couldn't move. My claustrophobia kicked in and I panicked, badly. After what seemed like an age but was probably less than a minute, I went half-insane, sat bolt upright (despite his weight, I guess I found extra strength from the panic) and head-butted him in the face. I won't ever forget the sound his nose made... quite sickening, really He fell backwards, hands to his face, blood pouring. I got up, looked at him, told him what he should do (not appropriate language for these forums ) and walked off. I was shaking for a good five or ten minutes after that. Adrenaline, I guess.

The day afterwards, and for some time after, I was a minor hero at school... Even with a couple of my teachers. Which felt weird, as I wasn't even remotely proud of the event. But it made life a lot quieter at school, right up until the day I left.

I think it helped with my claustrophobia too... a little

Last edited by BigMackCam; 10-14-2018 at 04:47 PM.