Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #62161
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
So I have several items coming via USPS. One should have been delivered Monday. Didn’t happen. Tuesday came and went. This morning it had this message on the tracking web page:

QuoteQuote:
We attempted to deliver your package at 6:05 pm on February 5, 2019 in ARLINGTON, WA 98223 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.
My house is at the end of a private gravel road. After everyone drove out to work Monday the snow on the road was mostly gone. In fact, the county road wasn’t even graded until late Monday, and I broke trail for the 5 miles from my house to the state highway (which had been graded by the state highway crews) that morning.

So it is a cop out on the part of the lazy US postal worker that they can’t get down the road.

Another package should have been delivered yesterday. It is one of those things that starts with UPS, then is handed off to USPS. UPS handed off to USPS Monday. Tracking says USPS still doesn’t have it.

Arrgghhh!!!!!!

02-06-2019, 12:49 PM - 5 Likes   #62162
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
02-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #62163
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is the notice for the other package handed over to the USPS by UPS:

QuoteQuote:
02/05/2019 - 6:05 P.M.
The post office attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost® package and left a delivery notice with instructions.
There was no notice left at my house or in my mailbox.

They lie.
02-06-2019, 02:30 PM - 2 Likes   #62164
Veteran Member

02-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #62165
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Here is the notice for the other package handed over to the USPS by UPS:
There was no notice left at my house or in my mailbox.

They lie.
I AGREE - complete screw-UP from both the UPS and the USPS.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-06-2019 at 04:12 PM.
02-06-2019, 04:40 PM - 2 Likes   #62166
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
The flooding was widespread, a ubiquitous problem on every street. The city crews were out but inundated with more important bus routes and boulevards; we are on a side street.
I can sort of relate.

We live on a private one lane gravel road, a mile and a half long. The county doesn't want to assume ownership of it, unless we bring it up to current county road standards. Fully paved, two lanes, with improved shoulders, drainage ditches and a functioning storm water collection and retention system.

A couple million dollars.

Minimum.

There are 24 properties on this road, all but two have permanent residences on them. About $8,000 to $10,000 per property owner. I could manage it, and maybe one other property owner could, but the rest are living paycheck to paycheck, and complain it is too much money. Those same people are the ones who complain the most when the road needs graded, or gravel added, or the brush trimmed. None of them want to actually take ownership of the road that they own, and maintain it where is pases their property. The same people routinely fail to pay the annual road maintenance dues ($275, cheap).

I have a motor grader, and have graded it many times. Only one neighbor has ever thanked me for doing it.

Since I have a CDL, I set up an account with Hertz Equipment Rental and used the association dues money a couple of times to rent a dump truck, and run to the quarry 5 miles away to bring gravel for the road. Then I graded it.

I took a few days off of work (vacation time) as the quarry is only open a half day on select Saturdays.

Again, only one neighbor thanked me for my efforts.

When we get snow like we had this week, often the road is impassable, as there is a hill with a curve at the bottom and the top. It is in the shade all day, so even if the sun comes out, the snow and ice won't melt. When this happens the mail gal refuses to even turn off the county road, and our mail is delayed until the road is completely clear.

This time however, the road was mostly cleared of snow Monday morning by all of us that left for work driving over it while it was fresh. The vehicles didn't pack the snow into ice, as it was 33 to 34 degrees F. Instead the snow was squished intot he gravel and melted away.

The county refuses to plow the road, as it is private.

And the county didn't even plow the county roads in our area until late Monday, early Tuesday, and they are still in owrse shape than our private road.

Yet here it is Wednesday, and the mail gal still refuses to come down the road.

She sucks.
02-06-2019, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #62167
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can sort of relate.

We live on a private one lane gravel road, a mile and a half long. The county doesn't want to assume ownership of it, unless we bring it up to current county road standards. Fully paved, two lanes, with improved shoulders, drainage ditches and a functioning storm water collection and retention system.

Minimum.

There are 24 properties on this road, all but two have permanent residences on them. About $8,000 to $10,000 per property owner. I could manage it, and maybe one other property owner could, but the rest are living paycheck to paycheck, and complain it is too much money. Those same people are the ones who complain the most when the road needs graded, or gravel added, or the brush trimmed. None of them want to actually take ownership of the road that they own, and maintain it where is pases their property. The same people routinely fail to pay the annual road maintenance dues ($275, cheap).

I have a motor grader, and have graded it many times. Only one neighbor has ever thanked me for doing it.

Since I have a CDL, I set up an account with Hertz Equipment Rental and used the association dues money a couple of times to rent a dump truck, and run to the quarry 5 miles away to bring gravel for the road. Then I graded it.

I took a few days off of work (vacation time) as the quarry is only open a half day on select Saturdays.

When we get snow like we had this week, often the road is impassable, as there is a hill with a curve at the bottom and the top. It is in the shade all day, so even if the sun comes out, the snow and ice won't melt. When this happens the mail gal refuses to even turn off the county road, and our mail is delayed until the road is completely clear.

This time however, the road was mostly cleared of snow Monday morning by all of us that left for work driving over it while it was fresh. The vehicles didn't pack the snow into ice, as it was 33 to 34 degrees F. Instead the snow was squished intot he gravel and melted away.

And the county didn't even plow the county roads in our area until late Monday, early Tuesday, and they are still in owrse shape than our private road.

She sucks.
There you have it then.

02-06-2019, 08:49 PM - 4 Likes   #62168
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cursed taco

02-07-2019, 06:55 AM - 2 Likes   #62169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Cursed taco
Stop it, you're making the Canuckians drool!
02-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #62170
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I can sort of relate.

Minimum.

She sucks.
Ah yes, the trials and tribulations of living in paradise; been there. As for your mail, any thought of having USPS install mailboxes at the beginning of your road for all the people living down your lane? Then mail person does not have to venture up the lane under inclement conditions.
02-07-2019, 08:25 AM - 6 Likes   #62171
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
As for your mail, any thought of having USPS install mailboxes at the beginning of your road for all the people living down your lane? Then mail person does not have to venture up the lane under inclement conditions.
The post office doesn’t supply mailboxes, the customer is required to provide one that is compliant with the postal regs.

Every time I go to the local postmaster to complain about the extremely poor customer service they give they threaten to make us all move our boxes up to the county road, a mile and a half away.

Having my mailbox at the end of the driveway is far more than convenient. It is also secure. I would have to buy one of those heavy steel boxes that are lockable and vandal resistant. Otherwise the drunken idiots playing mailbox baseball will destroy them, and the meth head theives will steal our mail and identities.

Um, no thanks.

Besides, I have the coolest mailbox on the road. Painted it myself.

Can’t give that up.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-07-2019 at 08:31 AM.
02-07-2019, 08:33 AM - 3 Likes   #62172
Veteran Member

This clip comes to mind:

02-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #62173
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
This clip comes to mind:

Funny Farm Delivery - YouTube
The gal that had this route when we moved here 15 years ago was pretty cool. She always had something nice to say when we saw her, and she always placed packages on a bench by the back door.

She fell and broke her hip last year, and the substitute drivers have been like the guy in that clip. They will smash a package to force it into the mailbox because they are too lazy to drive the 800 feet to the house, and when they do have to come to the house they throw the packages across the flowerbeds onto the front porch.

Jerks.
02-07-2019, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #62174
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Cursed taco

Looks like poutine on a taco shell.
02-07-2019, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #62175
Veteran Member

Our mail guy is pretty cool.
i don't sell on eBay much nowadays, but when I do I leave a note in the mailbox saying I have a package on the porch for pickup, and he always does. Dropped off packages are gently placed by the front door. Same with our UPS guy.
One of them should be leaving a package tomorrow containing a new memory foam bed for our old pooch.