Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2019, 03:50 PM - 2 Likes   #67156
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
The missus lies her baked potatoes...ummm...steamed. I like them properly baked.
You're a considerate chef, Charlie. Folks get what I cook, how I cook it

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to someone who eats the very food that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather they just said "thank you", and went on their way. Otherwise, I suggest they step up to the grill, and stand a post!

Sorry, I was channeling Jack, there

05-26-2019, 03:53 PM - 2 Likes   #67157
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Sweet potatoes... I blow hot and cold with them. I like them boiled and mashed, with butter and black pepper. Not so keen on them diced, but they barbecue quite well given enough time on a medium heat... I just wish they were a little less sweet... and then, I think, I may as well go with regular potatoes
I love sweet potatoes.

Baked until mushy.

Peeled, sprinkle some ground dried ginger and ground dried cinnamon on them. Drizzle with honey, mash and mix well, serve.

{I used to smother them in butter, as it really makes them perfect, but the risk of upsetting my pancreas has forced me to give up dairy}
05-26-2019, 03:58 PM - 4 Likes   #67158
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
My table needed cleaning?
I made sure not one drop of water got in through the top vents of my smoker and onto my brisket.
I'm doing beer brats, cabbage, carrots and onions in my CanCooker.
Alaskan Spruce IPA for the liquid component.
05-26-2019, 03:59 PM - 2 Likes   #67159
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I love sweet potatoes.

Baked until mushy.

Peeled, sprinkle some ground dried ginger and ground dried cinnamon on them. Drizzle with honey, mash and mix well, serve.

{I used to smother them in butter, as it really makes them perfect, but the risk of upsetting my pancreas has forced me to give up dairy}
In a twist on the traditional English "Sunday roast" lunch, the pub just up the road from my apartment in London used to serve slow-cooked pork belly with pickled red cabbage, Yorkshire puddings, chantenay carrots, fresh garden peas, caramelised onions and buttery, well-seasoned, mashed sweet potato, along with a thick pork gravy. It was sublime... In the couple of years I lived there, I must have had that same meal fifty times - once every couple of weeks or so...

05-26-2019, 03:59 PM - 3 Likes   #67160
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I love sweet potatoes.

Baked until mushy.

Sickie's Garage, which I've mentioned before, has the best sweet tater fries I've ever had.
05-26-2019, 04:05 PM - 2 Likes   #67161
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Fifty four laps into the Coke 600. The sun is still up, but soon will set and the lights will come on.

The announcer just said the temperature inside Bubba Wallace's car is 117 degrees.

That's Fahrenheit for you metric folks.
05-26-2019, 04:05 PM - 1 Like   #67162
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sickie's Garage, which I've mentioned before, has the best sweet tater fries I've ever had.
That's sick!

05-26-2019, 04:07 PM - 2 Likes   #67163
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Fifty four laps into the Coke 600. The sun is still up, but soon will set and the lights will come on.

The announcer just said the temperature inside Bubba Wallace's car is 117 degrees.

That's Fahrenheit for you metric folks.
He wants to turn up the AC... maybe put a little music on, too, just to relax... Set that bad boy on cruise for a while...
05-26-2019, 04:10 PM - 4 Likes   #67164
Veteran Member

I like sweet potatoes, but they make me fart, that's ok because I like farting too.
(the ones I can trust that is)
05-26-2019, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #67165
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

He wants to turn up the AC... maybe put a little music on, too, just to relax... Set that bad boy on cruise for a while...
Aside from the Cool Shirts™, this is the only way to cool off:

05-26-2019, 04:13 PM - 3 Likes   #67166
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Aside from the Cool Shirts™, this is the only way to cool off:
A tip for our younger forum members... When asking for a bag of "ice", first ask an adult if you're in a good part of town...
05-26-2019, 04:14 PM - 3 Likes   #67167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Indeed, like the French forces that were instrumental to the independence of the United States. I always find the slights at the "French surrender monkeys" curiously ignorant.
One of my ancient ancestors, a cousin of Marie Antoinette and a Lieutenant in the French Army fought at Bunker Hill with American forces. I'm not affected by such ignorance. Just remind the yanks of the surrender of Detroit, General Brock with 200 British regulars and 800 native warriors "surrounded" (or made it look like they did) Fort Detroit with a compliment of 4000 American troops, quickly accepted their surrender and sent them home without their weapons. Apparently there were also "American surrender monkeys."

But on to more pressing matters.
Saturday was our 2 hour Costco run to Orillia Ontario. We met the daughter in law and step son, in Huntsville and drove down and back from there. A sort of monthly social. So we've been hearing about this place that does the best poutine in Ontario. Friday we made it there. The proprietors of course were French Canadian.

Back in the saddle again.

Cherry wood burning under the grill.

Branded Burgers

Poutine with real squeaky cheese curds.

Last edited by normhead; 05-26-2019 at 04:23 PM.
05-26-2019, 04:16 PM - 2 Likes   #67168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You're a considerate chef, Charlie. Folks get what I cook, how I cook it

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to someone who eats the very food that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather they just said "thank you", and went on their way. Otherwise, I suggest they step up to the grill, and stand a post!

Sorry, I was channeling Jack, there
Taters are easy peasy...wrap em or not, makes no difference to me
05-26-2019, 04:18 PM - 3 Likes   #67169
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
One of my ancient ancestors, a cousin of Marie Antoinette and a Lieutenant in the French Army fought at Bunker Hill with American forces. I'm not affected by such ignorance. Just remind the yanks of the surrender of Detroit, General Brock with 200 British regulars and 800 native warriors "surrounded" (or made it look like they did) Fort Detroit with a compliment of 4000 American troops, quickly accepted their surrender and sent them home without their weapons. Apparently there were also "American surrender monkeys."
Just as I'm about to pull you up for a political post, you outsmart me by using the WIWBAK3 thread. Clever, Norm... very clever... But you'll break cover soon.... I just know it
05-26-2019, 04:18 PM - 3 Likes   #67170
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Taters are easy peasy...wrap em or not, makes no difference to me
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth...