Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108815 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2019, 04:04 PM - 4 Likes   #67261
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
You could have had your legs shaved with that voucher Mike! We'll make a cyclist out of you yet!
LOL It's hair they shave, Mark... not body mass Maybe they could set to work with a doner kebab slicer?

05-28-2019, 04:08 PM - 3 Likes   #67262
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
That's twisted.
The Queen has many birthdays.

The Queen's birthday is celebrated in all territories and many states in Australia on the second Monday of June, except Western Australia, which celebrates the day on September 29.

In New Zealand, the holiday is the first Monday in June. In Canada, Victoria Day is celebrated in honor of the birthdays of both Queen Victoria and the current monarch, Queen Elizabeth II.

In the Falkland Islands, the actual day of the Queen's birth, April 21, is celebrated, as June is a late autumn and winter month in region. It ceased to be a public holiday in Hong Kong after the territory's handover to the People's Republic of China in 1997. Fiji still celebrates the Queen's birthday, although she is no longer the head of state but is recognized as Paramount Chief.
05-28-2019, 04:09 PM - 2 Likes   #67263
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
LOL It's hair they shave, Mark... not body mass Maybe they could set to work with a doner kebab slicer?
The barber probably has a cousin who could help out on that front.
05-28-2019, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #67264
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

The Queen's birthday is celebrated in all territories and many states in Australia on the second Monday of June, except Western Australia, which celebrates the day on September 29.

In New Zealand, the holiday is the first Monday in June. In Canada, Victoria Day is celebrated in honor of the birthdays of both Queen Victoria and the current monarch, Queen Elizabeth II.

In the Falkland Islands, the actual day of the Queen's birth, April 21, is celebrated, as June is a late autumn and winter month in region. It ceased to be a public holiday in Hong Kong after the territory's handover to the People's Republic of China in 1997. Fiji still celebrates the Queen's birthday, although she is no longer the head of state but is recognized as Paramount Chief.
As a royalist (more or less), I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I've learned something there. Thanks, Mark!

05-28-2019, 04:15 PM - 3 Likes   #67265
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

My bad, that's super twisted!
05-28-2019, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #67266
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As a royalist (more or less), I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I've learned something there. Thanks, Mark!
Always a pleasure. There are many people here who say negative things about the Queen. Which presents a quandary: When I became a New Zealand Citizen, as part of the ceremony, I had to swear allegiance to the Queen. Should I now, therefore, considering that oath, yell "treason" every time someone says something negative about the Queen?

I'm sure it's not required, but it gives me joy none the less.
05-28-2019, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #67267
Veteran Member

Hopefully it's understood I meant no disrespect to the Queen, just so many birthdays seems odd.
I've had too many birthdays already and I'm 21 years younger!

05-28-2019, 04:38 PM - 3 Likes   #67268
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hopefully it's understood I meant no disrespect to the Queen, just so many birthdays seems odd.
That's OK. The Boston tea party is long forgotten, I'm sure!
05-28-2019, 04:42 PM - 3 Likes   #67269
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My bad, that's super twisted!
My dad's favourite toast was "Happy Birthday". Whenever he had a drink (which was relatively often), he'd say "Happy Birthday".
There would always be some poor sap who would ask: "Oh - Who's birthday is it?"

And my dad would reply: "It's somebody's birthday!"
05-28-2019, 04:53 PM - 3 Likes   #67270
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

That's OK. The Boston tea party is long forgotten, I'm sure!
Now, now... let's not be too hasty

05-28-2019, 05:17 PM - 4 Likes   #67271
Veteran Member

Now, now... let's not be too hasty

The muskets are ready, sir, we strike Washington a dawn. I’ll have the horses prepared.

*sipping tea
05-28-2019, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #67272
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
The muskets are ready, sir, we strike Washington a dawn. I’ll have the horses prepared.
Excellent... But first, put the kettle on, there's a good chap. Who's for a nice strong cup of tea?
05-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #67273
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
See what happens when you lose a day you know the one that just got up and left it messes with your mind.............
.Tuesday are you sure thats a girls name....eh?
Dating a Tuesday or a Wednesday should be fine, Dave, you might get into strife with a Friday, though ...
Attached Images

05-28-2019, 05:24 PM - 3 Likes   #67274
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Speaking of the Falkland Islands......
Margaret Thatcher's handling of the Argentine invasion was a textbook example of how to deal with an aggressor.
Fortunately for us, she wasn't Prime Minister in 1776.

Last edited by Parallax; 05-28-2019 at 05:30 PM.
05-28-2019, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #67275
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
And of course, horses go the other way - too simplified.

North of the equator, all thoroughbreds celebrate their birthdays on January 1st, Down Under it's August 1st.

They play many games at their parties, like Bobbing For Apples, but Pin The Tail On The Donkey is considered disrespectful.