Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108820 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2019, 03:56 PM - 4 Likes   #67321
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I yeah, I know...just messin' with ya....it was all shoved down my throat in Catholic school. It's all just stained glass to me now.....sorry
When I was in 5th grade we lived in Philadelphia. The walk to the public school I went to passed through about 10 blocks of the city, and went by a parochial school. Each morning as we walked by the nuns were in the playground beating the daylights out of the kids.

I was always glad my family wasn't Catholic. My dad whupped my butt enough, I didn't need someone doing it at school too.

05-29-2019, 04:11 PM - 3 Likes   #67322
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

So the other day I mentioned the bone stim device I am using to help the second metatarsal osteotomy heal. Of course being the bunch that y'all are, much jibing and carrying on about things phallic ensued.

You guys are funny.

If I recall correctly, I mentioned that I was going to document the device in use, and share it here, hopefully to allay any concerns that I may have been alluding to the use of some device for deviant or aberrant behavior.

So, without further adieu, here you go.

A "target" (the black band with the beige fitting) is placed over the site to be treated, coupling gel is applied to the puck (under the cap in the target, at the end of the coiled cord) which is then inserted in the target and the cap is closed, then the device is turned on.

The screen is not easy to see, it didn't photograph well. This is the startup screen, it splashes briefly after turning the thing on. It shows the current month and a check mark for each completed day. It also keeps track of daily use, showing 100% or less if the user missed a day.

Then after a few seconds it begins the 20 minute treatment. If there isn't enough coupling gel on the puck, it will stop and beep until the contact with the skin is corrected.

So there you ave it.

That sick and twisted thing that Racer has been doing everyday since the beginning of April.
05-29-2019, 04:17 PM - 4 Likes   #67323
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I yeah, I know...just messin' with ya....it was all shoved down my throat in Catholic school. It's all just stained glass to me now.....sorry
We really don't need to know what was shoved down your throat in Catholic School.
05-29-2019, 04:18 PM - 3 Likes   #67324
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So the other day I mentioned the bone stim device I am using to help the second metatarsal osteotomy heal. Of course being the bunch that y'all are, much jibing and carrying on about things phallic ensued.

You guys are funny.

If I recall correctly, I mentioned that I was going to document the device in use, and share it here, hopefully to allay any concerns that I may have been alluding to the use of some device for deviant or aberrant behavior.

A "target" (the black band with the beige fitting) is placed over the site to be treated, coupling gel is applied to the puck (under the cap in the target, at the end of the coiled cord) which is then inserted in the target and the cap is closed, then the device is turned on.

The screen is not easy to see, it didn't photograph well. This is the startup screen, it splashes briefly after turning the thing on. It shows the current month and a check mark for each completed day. It also keeps track of daily use, showing 100% or less if the user missed a day.

Then after a few seconds it begins the 20 minute treatment. If there isn't enough coupling gel on the puck, it will stop and beep until the contact with the skin is corrected.

So there you ave it.

That sick and twisted thing that Racer has been doing everyday since the beginning of April.
People will think your ankle bracelet is slipping off...

05-29-2019, 04:22 PM - 4 Likes   #67325
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When I was in 5th grade we lived in Philadelphia. The walk to the public school I went to passed through about 10 blocks of the city, and went by a parochial school. Each morning as we walked by the nuns were in the playground beating the daylights out of the kids.

I was always glad my family wasn't Catholic. My dad whupped my butt enough, I didn't need someone doing it at school too.
We had to endure beatings with a cane. One kid in my class, who was much wiser than his years, while still in the bent down position, looked back over his shoulder and looked the teacher square in the eyes and said, while sporting a knowing smirk: "Did you enjoy that?" I've never seen a grown man go beet red. It was priceless.
05-29-2019, 04:26 PM - 4 Likes   #67326
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Okay, so you have a foot fetish.
That wouldn't be all that weird if it weren't your own foot.
05-29-2019, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #67327
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Okay, so you have a foot fetish.
That wouldn't be all that weird if it weren't your own foot.

05-29-2019, 04:59 PM - 3 Likes   #67328
Veteran Member

Mark and Jim are on a roll this evening!
Wiping tears!
05-29-2019, 05:01 PM - 3 Likes   #67329
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I need nuthin'! Not even shoe polish. I need to get rid of stuff. Lots of stuff. Bag upon bag of clothes have been sent to the Salvation Army - and more will follow. This morning I dumped some 10 kg of electronics and cables at the recycling station - and more will follow. And it's scary how much "oh, this might be of use someday" garbage has accumulated over the last 15 years. Out with all of it. And then some.

Moving is no fun.

My modest cache of shoe polish will be consumed to reduce the amount of stuff we have to move.

The bottles of single malt will serve as life support further on in the process.
Don't throw away those old propane bottles...they can be real useful
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
05-29-2019, 05:13 PM - 3 Likes   #67330
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't throw away those old propane bottles...they can be real useful
That looks like a "Hold my beer" moment.

05-29-2019, 05:31 PM - 3 Likes   #67331
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
We really don't need to know what was shoved down your throat in Catholic School.
A tune from Frank Zappa comes to mind. Shouldn't post it here, as the lyrics are more than Not Work Safe.

But the tune is from the Joe's Garage album, and is titled, "Catholic Girls".

Look it up and have a listen.

Give's Charlie's comment a more insightful meaning.
05-29-2019, 06:13 PM - 2 Likes   #67332
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A tune from Frank Zappa comes to mind. Shouldn't post it here, as the lyrics are more than Not Work Safe.

But the tune is from the Joe's Garage album, and is titled, "Catholic Girls".

Look it up and have a listen.

Give's Charlie's comment a more insightful meaning.
There's a tune they won't be playing at the church fair!
05-30-2019, 12:20 AM - 1 Like   #67333
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Where in tarnation have you been?

We have been wondering where some folks have been lately, like Bert, and a bunch of people whose names we couldn’t remember, and you’re one of them.

How ya been?
...busy!
Oh and I bought a GH2 for video (was needed on the job).
Every once in a while I've given a stealthy peek, and you folks seemed to be going just fine on your own, didn't feel like interfering
How's your foot, Racer? must have healed by now Edit: nevermind, saw the pics just now...
05-30-2019, 01:36 AM - 3 Likes   #67334
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
How's your foot, Racer? must have healed by now Edit: nevermind, saw the pics just now...
It is getting better.

The left foot was done 2 years ago and is pretty much fully healed, and mostly better than before.

The right foot was “fixed” last November, but required a revision about 2 months ago. It is now healing as expected, and next week I find out when I can quit wearing the cast boot and begin physical therapy.

The upside of all this is that I will have little or no pain and will once again be able to wear normal shoes.
05-30-2019, 02:24 AM - 4 Likes   #67335
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That looks like a "Hold my beer" moment.

Hold my Beer ... Compilation - YouTube
I got about a minute into that and couldn't watch any further. I'm the same with video clip shows on TV... anything where folks are potentially getting hurt, I just can't watch them My Dad loves them, though, so I tend to wander off and find other things to do...