Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
06-12-2019, 06:17 AM - 3 Likes   #67906
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Constantly cleaning the house for a new showing!! Arrrgh
That is so friggin annoying.
When my step son was moving his wife lived in our basement for three months with her three dogs, because you just can't keep the house clean enough for showings with 3 big dogs and a Carol in the house.

Last edited by normhead; 06-12-2019 at 06:23 AM.
06-12-2019, 06:31 AM   #67907
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Morning all!

I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea, have we covered that yet?
For a long time now I have to get up 3 to 4 times a night to go to the bathroom, always figured it was my BP meds.
Recently, around 3:30 every morning, I wake up with a jolt, something I can't put my finger on exactly but it's feeling more and more like having to catch my breath. The last two mornings I've gone to my recliner, put up the footrest, don't recline, that way I get a little more sleep.
Bi-annual physical is tomorrow with my MD, so I'll discuss it with him. Not looking forward to a sleep test, or a CPAP machine if needed, but man I've got to get some relief.
06-12-2019, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #67908
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've never understood this caffeine thing. I can have as many espressos as I want, any time of the day or night, and it makes not one iota difference to my sleep. (Unless I forget to water the lemon tree before I go to bed)
I sleep very well for the first few hours but then I wake up and cannot get back to sleep.... *bleary eyed*
06-12-2019, 06:41 AM - 1 Like   #67909
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
So am I.

Reminds me, I need to figure out where to put the gun safe in the new flat. It has to be bolted securely to a wall or a floor.
Yeah...moi aussi

06-12-2019, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #67910
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
My gun safe has provisions for attachment to the floor, but I never bothered.

When it was delivered, by a couple of very big men, one of them told me, “Now if you see some guy carrying your safe off, let him go.”

This is because any man that can carry something that big and heavy isn’t a guy you want to mess with. I have moved it twice since then, and I doubt there is a man alive who could carry it away.
Where there's a will....

06-12-2019, 06:46 AM - 2 Likes   #67911
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The Canadian Space Agency guy who canoe trips with us sometimes is the same. He corrects every little thing, but he can't figure out how much macaroni is needed to feed 6.
We all have our super=powers Norm...I guess yours is macaroni estimation prowess
06-12-2019, 06:47 AM - 3 Likes   #67912
Pentaxian

Where there's a will....
Or

06-12-2019, 07:02 AM   #67913
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Aaaahhhhh.
Nice, but I'm not really a fan of coffee schnapps
06-12-2019, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #67914
Pentaxian

We all have our super=powers Norm...I guess yours is macaroni estimation prowess
It's more difficult than you might think. Package estimates are always for macaroni as a side dish, but often off in the bush it's the main course, making a serving 2 to 3x the size of a serving suggested on the package. Don't be belittling my super power.

Rocket scientists have trouble with it.

I think the problem is he can't take the word of experienced campers over those little words written on the side of the package. He doesn't really trust humans all that much. I'm not sure who he thinks writes those suggested serving sizes on the packages.

Last edited by normhead; 06-12-2019 at 07:17 AM.
06-12-2019, 07:11 AM   #67915
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
My gun safe has provisions for attachment to the floor, but I never bothered.

When it was delivered, by a couple of very big men, one of them told me, “Now if you see some guy carrying your safe off, let him go.”

This is because any man that can carry something that big and heavy isn’t a guy you want to mess with. I have moved it twice since then, and I doubt there is a man alive who could carry it away.
Sound advice

I only have a small one. Anything weighing less than 150 kg has to be bolted down with at least four bolts to something sufficiently sturdy.
06-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #67916
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Sa vosh eh?
I don't speak Sard but I believe the "ch" is pronounced the same as in English (and as 'cc' in Italian).
06-12-2019, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #67917
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I'm pretty sure I have sleep apnea, have we covered that yet?
I don't know. I may have slept through it.
06-12-2019, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #67918
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I sleep very well for the first few hours but then I wake up and cannot get back to sleep.... *bleary eyed*
That can happen to me, too, but these days I'm constantly exhausted and sleep right through - just for too few hours a night.
06-12-2019, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #67919
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
That can happen to me, too, but these days I'm constantly exhausted and sleep right through - just for too few hours a night.
High CBD weed can help with that. Have a pot cookie before bedtime.
Lack of sleep is one of the most serous things out there when it comes to affecting health outcomes.
06-12-2019, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #67920
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
High CBD weed can help with that. Have a pot cookie before bedtime.
Lack of sleep is one of the most serous things out there when it comes to affecting health outcomes.
Oh, I have no problems sleeping for long enough. It's just that I go to bed too late in the evening despite having to get up early. Not Racer early, but still early enough.

Besides, I have no time for gaol right now.

Last edited by savoche; 06-12-2019 at 11:06 AM.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »