Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2019, 10:34 PM   #68956
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
My chili recipe?
Two pounds of cooked bacon and a can of Rotel tomatoes.
Heat and eat.
And the chilli?

I once cooked something like that for my daughter when I was looking after her for a few months while MrsTim was away: a can of tuna and a can of sweetcorn. MrsTim cooked it sometimes. My daughter said: good, at last some Chinese food.

07-13-2019, 11:18 PM   #68957
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
a can of tuna and a can of sweetcorn. MrsTim cooked it sometimes. My daughter said: good, at last some Chinese food.
Can’t say I have ever had Chinese food that had corn in it.

Well, except for those tiny little ears of corn, but they don’t really count. Besides I think those are an Americanized version of Chinese food.

Just like cheese. Chinese people don’t eat cheese either.
07-14-2019, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #68958
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Cheese, they thought English people smelled bad and it seems cheese was a contributing factor.

The do grow corn in Taiwan and bbq corn on cob is one of the common street foods.
07-14-2019, 06:33 AM - 4 Likes   #68959
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

07-14-2019, 07:01 AM - 3 Likes   #68960
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
He’s in/near Mt. St. Helens country and on a geologic scale you are close enough to Yellowstone, which is acting up again. Yikes!
Judging by what I've read about the Yellowstone issue, we're ALL close enough except, possibly those in the extreme South East and South West.
07-14-2019, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #68961
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Judging by what I've read about the Yellowstone issue, we're ALL close enough except, possibly those in the extreme South East and South West.
If the volcano that created Yellowstone becomes active again it will change the world.
07-14-2019, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #68962
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Of course!

It's just that it feels like six hours aboard an Airbus...
A few years back we flew from Pierre to Sacramento, CA. At the time only two types of aircraft that served Pierre; a Saab (two seats on one side of the aisle, one on the other) and a smaller Beachcraft with one row on each side. The leg from Pierre to Denver was on the Beachcraft, and from Denver to Sacramento was on an Airbus. (A320, I think) The puddle jumper had more leg room and wider, more comfortable seats than the Airbus.
Because of our total experiences on that trip, the physical discomfort being only one factor of many, I took an oath (I think the more accurate, literary term would be "spat an oath") that I would never fly with a commercial airline again.

07-14-2019, 07:33 AM - 2 Likes   #68963
Veteran Member

A few years back we flew from Pierre to Sacramento, CA. At the time only two types of aircraft that served Pierre; a Saab (two seats on one side of the aisle, one on the other) and a smaller Beachcraft with one row on each side. The leg from Pierre to Denver was on the Beachcraft, and from Denver to Sacramento was on an Airbus. (A320, I think) The puddle jumper had more leg room and wider, more comfortable seats than the Airbus.
Because of our total experiences on that trip, the physical discomfort being only one factor of many, I took an oath (I think the more accurate, literary term would be "spat an oath") that I would never fly with a commercial airline again.
Have you ever had a good trip to anywhere?
07-14-2019, 07:36 AM - 2 Likes   #68964
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

(Think I may have said this before)

Flying on commercial airlines has become much like cattle being herded onto trucks. Passengers are treated like freight, not people. The more that airlines can cram into an airplane the more revenue they earn.

And since 9/11 the added security has made the experience even less pleasurable.

So I have sworn that if I have the time I will drive to my destination.

And I really like the ride in airplanes.

Pity.
07-14-2019, 08:41 AM - 5 Likes   #68965
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Actually, Carol - @csa - has kind of re-ignited my latent desire to grow stuff, so maybe it'll happen a little sooner than otherwise might have been the case
Glad to hear that, Mike! This is the first year for my greenhouse, and Wow! My cherry tomato is over 5' tall, and loaded with blossoms. I have 2 other tomato plants, plus 2 sweet peppers (both have a pepper already), cucumbers, carrots, lettuce.

Next year, I see Burpee has "container corn"; and I'm going to try that also, for the fun.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-14-2019, 09:01 AM - 2 Likes   #68966
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
This is the first year for my greenhouse, and Wow! My cherry tomato is over 5' tall, and loaded with blossoms.
Tomato plants? I see a bbq grill.
Nice greenhouse and some healthy looking plants, Carol!
07-14-2019, 09:38 AM - 2 Likes   #68967
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Have you ever had a good trip to anywhere?
Yes, we visit Missouri regularly.
I will admit, though, I'm a bit like a barn-sour horse.
07-14-2019, 09:49 AM - 1 Like   #68968
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
(Think I may have said this before)

Flying on commercial airlines has become much like cattle being herded onto trucks. Passengers are treated like freight, not people. The more that airlines can cram into an airplane the more revenue they earn.

And since 9/11 the added security has made the experience even less pleasurable.

So I have sworn that if I have the time I will drive to my destination.

And I really like the ride in airplanes.

Pity.
I've never had an unpleasant dealing with security. At times just the opposite. The time they swabed my 3lb foil wrapped Gallo salami for explosives was quiet humorous and had everyone, including the TSA agents, laughing. (It did look a lot like a stick of ANFO)
My experience has been that it's the airlines themselves, not TSA, that make air travel a miserable ordeal.
07-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #68969
Veteran Member

Yes, we visit Missouri regularly.
Is Mrs P originally from the show me state?
07-14-2019, 09:59 AM - 5 Likes   #68970
Veteran Member

The time they swabed my 3lb foil wrapped Gallo salami
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »