What has a dungeon got to do with it ?
Dunno, ask the guy who mentioned it.

cheesy

11-12-2019, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #72017
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Racer,

Are you going to see Ford vs Ferarri? I'm old enough to remember those races. Awesome days in auto history.
11-12-2019, 07:12 PM   #72018
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Yeah, that's what I meant, I saw Mopars.
Dave's the one calling them cars.
I thought they were called Dagmars?
11-12-2019, 07:14 PM - 3 Likes   #72019
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When she's not on her back, feet up in the air.
Oh, you meant the dog! Silly me.

11-12-2019, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #72020
Pentaxian

Checking in on The Thread from Hawaii, just to mention bacon and see if Tokyo is dooooooooooomed or not. Been taking some shots of the scenery with the K-50, got some GoPro footage of reef life, and been enjoying temps in the upper 80s (F) all week. <GRIN>
11-13-2019, 01:25 AM   #72021
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Checking in on The Thread from Hawaii, just to mention bacon and see if Tokyo is dooooooooooomed or not. Been taking some shots of the scenery with the K-50, got some GoPro footage of reef life, and been enjoying temps in the upper 80s (F) all week. <GRIN>
So you weren’t kidding about the snorkeling.

Never been to the Aloha state, and didn’t think I would ever go. Then my stepson and his wife moved there. Now it looks like a visit to the Pacific Paradise is in my future.
11-13-2019, 01:30 AM   #72022
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Racer,

Are you going to see Ford vs Ferarri? I'm old enough to remember those races. Awesome days in auto history.
Yes I am.

They handed out movie tickets at work as morale boosters for a few years. They are good for both major cinema chains, and never expire. I still have about ten pairs, and every once in a while Mrs. Racer 2.0 and I go see a movie.

We went to The Art Of Racing In The Rain recently. Adapted from the book, it was very good. Highly recommended.

11-13-2019, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #72023
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I love those cartoons...

It's an interesting point, though... I don't think school reunions are a thing over here. I mean, they might be... but it's not something I've heard of. I get the impression they're bigger in the US?

Some years ago, an old school-days girlfriend of mine looked me up, and I met with her and another of my closer female school-friends in London, where all three of us were working by then. It was sort of fun, if a little weird and awkward at times. We promised to do it again, but never did - and I suspect that's exactly what we all thought would really happen

I've occasionally wondered what some of my other school chums ended up doing, but only occasionally - and never enough that I wanted to spend a whole night with a bunch of them to find out.

I do stay in touch with my closest friend from those days. I'd class him as my best friend if pushed, and we meet up for drinks and dinner every few months - but then, we've always stayed in touch, no matter how far apart we lived and worked. We maybe didn't meet every few months, but always got together when we could. And now I'm living back up in the North East, we see more of each other, which is cool

My old school has an annual dinner in London. I went to the 109th of those. Full of City types so they go to places which are hard to justify the price - over 100 for dinner, and probably an overnight stay in London because dinner ends late enough it is hard to get home. Some of them seem to live quite vacuous lives, too.
11-13-2019, 05:40 AM - 1 Like   #72024
Pentaxian

That's a fun video, from two actors I actually rather like I must say, Michael Sheen has matured favourably... In his earlier roles (the Tony Blair thing, for instance), I couldn't get past how young and timid he looked. He's definitely grown up now

High schools around here... There were only three I can think of - "The Hermitage" (where I went), "Park View" and "Pelton Roseberry", all within a couple of miles or less of each other. They were more-or-less equivalent, none of them better or worse than the others, on balance. All a bit rough, but not dreadfully so. Occasionally there would be a few kids from one school would decide to fight with some from the other... I never really understood why that would be, except for a sort of childish tribalism - and I guess that's what it was. I never got involved in that. My best friend went to Pelton Roseberry - we met up through other activities, and never actually schooled together...

But did they fight with each other when they went to the town's soccer team games?
11-13-2019, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #72025
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I neva bean to Skool reonion.
Evry skool what I bean to bean torn down.
I started at Yallourn state skool and in grade fore me fambly moored to Newborough just over the hill.
Wen I finished grade 6, I went to Yallourn high skool - went by bus unless I missed it, else I hitched a ride.
Wen Yallourn was dug up for the coal unda it, the skool were dug up too.
The Newborough skool just got moved to a betta sight.
I shoulda gone on ta uni and I might have learnt summat.

Ya coulda studied enjunearing, and six munce later become one.
11-13-2019, 05:52 AM   #72026
Pentaxian

I used to be a good speller, or at least thought I was.
Now I rely a lot on Google's spell check. If the word isn't recognized, it gets underlined in red, right click on it for some choices of what it thinks I mean. It catches many of my typos too. Thankfully it doesn't auto-correct.

You really should use auto-typo, it will multiply your causes of embarrassment.
11-13-2019, 06:03 AM - 2 Likes   #72027
Pentaxian

You'd be eating that thing forever and a day. By week 3 the novelty would wear off, I think

But I wonder what it really tastes like... Goat or mutton would be my guess? Or maybe a little beefier?

Don't be selfish, invite some friends around to shorten the time you are eating it.

Come to think of it, inviting the friends around might be the selfish thing to do, so you get to try some new flavour.
11-13-2019, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #72028
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
So you weren’t kidding about the snorkeling.

Never been to the Aloha state, and didn’t think I would ever go. Then my stepson and his wife moved there. Now it looks like a visit to the Pacific Paradise is in my future.
Marriage to a doc has some advantages like the Continuing Medical Education conferences held in nice places... Over the years we have made it to Kauai, the Big Island, and now Maui. Each has its own ‘feel’, but all have nice warm ocean waters with t of cool things under there!!
11-13-2019, 11:37 AM - 1 Like   #72029
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A followup to yesterday's PBS:

11-13-2019, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #72030
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Have to wonder, does camel taste like chicken?
But I wonder what it really tastes like... Goat or mutton would be my guess? Or maybe a little beefier?
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I bet it tastes like horse, only gamier.
Just a thought, but could it be that camel tastes like camel?

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Horse is good. Stripey horses even better!
Yep. Although, I still prefer beef from animals with cloven hooves. Gemskbok is nice. Wildebeest too. Neither of which taste like chicken - at all.

One thing I haven't had the opportunity to taste yet is warthog bacon. I bet it tastes a lot like bacon

Am having some chili (beef) biltong right now, some leftovers from the trip.