Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
03-29-2020, 05:52 PM - 1 Like   #76546
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That's OK, the sheriff is ready for those speed demons.
It looks like it takes an Chevy LS engine (Suburban police package) to catch a Chevy LS engine (Weinermobile).

03-29-2020, 06:12 PM - 3 Likes   #76547
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Boiled biscuits, YUM!
Don't be ridiculous! Who ever heard of ribs 'n dumplings?

Last edited by Parallax; 03-29-2020 at 06:20 PM.
03-29-2020, 06:32 PM - 2 Likes   #76548
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
With all this HooHaw stay-at-home work going on I decided to stay out of the “office” and do normal stuff this weekend. Yesterday mrs monochrome and I took a drive to the local Bison and Elk Refuge (Lone Elk for @robtcorl ) and the place was packed with mad claustrophobes.

It is nearly April, so in a quest to be normal, today I:
  1. Swept, mopped and debugged the screened porch and raised the storm windows
  2. Moved all the plants from their winter indoor corners out to the screened porch.
  3. Uncovered and cleaned the Grill and refreshed the charcoal bucket
  4. Put out the Patio furniture
  5. Installed a Wind Chain on the new front Storm Door
  6. Re-hung a shutter that had blown off in the near-cyclone last night (see Wind Chain above)
  7. Swapped out the heavy winter clothes for the lighter spring clothes
  8. Took a nap
There - I feel better. Almost normal.
Sounds like work, but the enjoyable kind where you get that special satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from mending things and ticking off tasks.

It's opposite world for me though - after reading and cooking all day for weeks on semester break I'm starting work at a Covid testing station tomorrow. Everyone being curfewed and relaxing in their home office, and suddenly I have to stop lazing around and be a productive member of society ... sort of
03-29-2020, 06:57 PM   #76549
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Sounds like work, but the enjoyable kind where you get that special satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment from mending things and ticking off tasks.

It's opposite world for me though - after reading and cooking all day for weeks on semester break I'm starting work at a Covid testing station tomorrow. Everyone being curfewed and relaxing in their home office, and suddenly I have to stop lazing around and be a productive member of society ... sort of
Indeed - the productive members of society who are testing and treating and trucking and delivering the Amazon packages will be known as the heroes when this is over.

03-29-2020, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #76550
Pentaxian

Indeed - the productive members of society who are testing and treating and trucking and delivering the Amazon packages will be known as the heroes when this is over.
Does that include the doctors and nurses and first responders treating the patients of this crisis?
03-29-2020, 07:27 PM - 2 Likes   #76551
Veteran Member

Saw a comment yesterday about truck drivers, after the success of the community showing appreciation for the health services by all going outside and clapping at a set time, people were being asked to do the same for truck drivers.

The exact instructions were "lets all go outside and give a round of applause for delivery drivers, tomorrow at some point between 9am and 6pm....
03-29-2020, 07:29 PM   #76552
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Does that include the doctors and nurses and first responders treating the patients of this crisis?
Grouped generally under treating.

03-29-2020, 07:33 PM   #76553
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Saw a comment yesterday about truck drivers, after the success of the community showing appreciation for the health services by all going outside and clapping at a set time, people were being asked to do the same for truck drivers.

The exact instructions were "lets all go outside and give a round of applause for delivery drivers, tomorrow at some point between 9am and 6pm....
People in Missouri are reportedly delivering bags full of fast food at truck stops - which are overwhelmed because they are understaffed - and not accepting payment. They’re just handing the bags up to the cab. Wish them well and the truckers haul. Logs be damned. Missouri has relaxed weight limits and axle tariffs at the weigh stations.
03-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #76554
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
People in Missouri are reportedly delivering bags full of fast food at truck stops - which are overwhelmed because they are understaffed - and not accepting payment. They’re just handing the bags up to the cab. Wish them well and the truckers haul. Logs be damned. Missouri has relaxed weight limits and axle tariffs at the weigh stations.
A woman in Nova Scotia is giving altruism the recognition it deserves.

'They need me': N.S. woman giving free meals to truckers amid COVID-19 closures | CBC News
03-30-2020, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #76555
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well Darth comes out of hibernation today...got the dough all made...homemade pizza tonight!
03-30-2020, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #76556
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

This sure looks like a good one

Made by a Canadian, no less

Coronavirus: the movie is somehow already here ? but are we ready for it? | Film | The Guardian

03-30-2020, 01:18 PM - 2 Likes   #76557
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Well Darth comes out of hibernation today...got the dough all made...homemade pizza tonight!
Moose sausage for a topping?
03-30-2020, 01:32 PM   #76558
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A woman in Nova Scotia is giving altruism the recognition it deserves.

'They need me': N.S. woman giving free meals to truckers amid COVID-19 closures | CBC News
Yep. Like that sort of.
03-30-2020, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #76559
Veteran Member

First bike ride the season, fairly short at around 15km, but my legs were a bit wobbly afterwards, using different muscles than from skiing. Quite dirty riding through mud, ice and slush. Plus I had to use my road bike instead of my real bike, as that one needs some work done that's above my skill level, and I trust the local bike shop to do better. And whoever thought it was a good idea to have plain flat pedals on a road bike, all that wasted energy...
03-30-2020, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #76560
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What else are you going to waste your energy on at the minute......
You might get fitter in the process

Dave ( the lounge lizard )
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »