Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
06-25-2020, 07:01 PM - 1 Like   #79051
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
The building at arrow 1 has been moved to arrow 2, and numbered Stall 115, beside the other building numbered Stall 114. The building in the upper right is Stall 113. The area with the red stick figure airplane is cleared of all the equipment in this image and the airplane I am working on is parked there.

I got certified today for lift operation, and now can operate and work from self propelled work platforms, scissor lifts, aerial work platforms, etc. Each evening the second shift crew closes the airplane at shift end. When we some in to start our day at 5:30, we open all the doors on the right side of the airplane, but only two doors have access stairways, so the other doors must have safety nets installed. Since the interior is incomplete, there are no door handles on the inside, so they must be opened from the outside. Being about 30 feet from the concrete apron, someone has to go up in a lift to open them.

I volunteered to be that guy.
Cool.

Such clever things aircraft doors.

06-25-2020, 07:02 PM - 3 Likes   #79052
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm starting to think that doctors sit around and conceive all manner of evil ways to torture us.
Wrong.

It is not about torture.
It is about the next Mercedes or <insert car name> payment.

Edit - To clarify, payments are not due every 2-3-4 years, but with a rolling clientele 2-3-4 years is often enough to fill in all the required payments.
06-25-2020, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #79053
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Cool.
What a cool job I have, eh?

I was just looking at Google Earth Pro, and historical imagery for the factory, the campus, the airport, and surrounding area from 1990 on. Fascinating stuff to see the changes.

Boeing 737 Passenger door - YouTube
An engineering masterpiece. And they look to be designed so anyone can operate one, even if they have never touched one.

Seeing the airplane before all the stuff goes into it is also pretty cool, all the structures, the systems, ducting, wiring. A bit like when I built my house.
06-25-2020, 07:39 PM - 1 Like   #79054
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Boeing 737 Passenger door - YouTube
The 777 doors a re a bit different, but functionally the same. The bar for the escape slide is armed, disarmed differently, and the gust lock has a convenient handle.

The plane we are working on doesn't have the slides installed yet, so that is a step we don't need to be concerned with.

06-25-2020, 08:07 PM - 3 Likes   #79055
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Are you sure you really want to retire ... soon.. you are having too much fun.
06-25-2020, 09:17 PM - 2 Likes   #79056
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a cool job I have, eh?

I was just looking at Google Earth Pro, and historical imagery for the factory, the campus, the airport, and surrounding area from 1990 on. Fascinating stuff to see the changes.

An engineering masterpiece. And they look to be designed so anyone can operate one, even if they have never touched one.

Seeing the airplane before all the stuff goes into it is also pretty cool, all the structures, the systems, ducting, wiring. A bit like when I built my house.
Indeed! I bet your house does not fly as well though!

06-26-2020, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #79057
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Indeed! I bet your house does not fly as well though!

YouTube
There is that guy near Portland, Oregon who used a 727 to make a home. Of course it will never fly again.

06-26-2020, 02:52 AM - 2 Likes   #79058
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I volunteered to be that guy.
One thing I learned in the army: Never volunteer. For anything.

Then again, I'm no longer in the army
06-26-2020, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #79059
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Friday morning at Stall 113, clear skies, beautiful sunrise, gonna be a good day in The Little Shed.
06-26-2020, 05:35 AM - 6 Likes   #79060
Veteran Member

They must get bonuses or something for frequent probes.
I'm watching lectures in gastroenterology right now, and my main take away is 'When in doubt, shove an endoscope in there!' Any GI symptoms that aren't definitely reflux or some sort of infection? Endoscopy! First-degree relative with a history of bowel cancer? Frequent endoscopies for you! Chance of rain later in the day? Endoscopy!

QuoteQuote:
I'm starting to think that doctors sit around and conceive all manner of evil ways to torture us.

Those meanies.
I made a grown woman cry with just a cotton swab a couple of weeks ago - and I'm not even a proper doctor yet. Just wait until they'll let me handle the big guns!
06-26-2020, 06:13 AM - 9 Likes   #79061
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
06-26-2020, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #79062
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
And I will be on the 4th.

Got a bunch of electric matches, about 50 two inch shells, and my custom made steel launch tubes.

The whole neighborhood is gonna enjoy my show.
06-26-2020, 10:13 AM - 2 Likes   #79063
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Lunchtime on the flightline, sitting in the cafeteria in the delivery center, with a view of airplanes in final stages of prep before delivery to customers, and watching airplanes take off and land.

Coolest.

Job.

Ever.
06-26-2020, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #79064
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I have now seen, more than once, folks from the American South speaking English on a news broadcast or a documentary with english subtitles. And for the most part, those subtitles are required!
When I first went Taiwan I found all the TV channels had the sound in Chinese and Chinese subtitles. No-one has ever explained to me why.
06-26-2020, 12:56 PM - 2 Likes   #79065
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
I saw a wonderful quote today that I shared with some friends:

"As I watch this generation try to rewrite history, one thing I'm sure of..... it will be misspelled and have no punctuation."
I have recently received two completely independent sets of documents from lawyers, both of which lacked punctuation and therefore could be read to mean several different things.