Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
07-08-2020, 06:47 AM - 5 Likes   #79336
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Thankfully this thread is unhijackable.
Yep.
You don't have to worry about derailment once the train's in the creek at the bottom of the ravine.

upside down

and on fire

with the bridge collapsed on top of it

07-08-2020, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #79337
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A good thunderstorm blew through yesterday. The Neighbo(u)rs shed got the worst of it.
Attached Images

07-08-2020, 09:21 AM - 3 Likes   #79338
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
A good thunderstorm blew through yesterday. The Neighbo(u)rs shed got the worst of it.
Wow now that was a windstorm to damage a metal shed like that.

It looks like the roof of the metal shed we used to have in our backyard, after our two kids (7 and 9 years old @ the time) and a neighbour kid decided to try their luck at skiing off the roof of our bungalow and down the shed roof...which they regarded as the 'lower' slope. The shed was directly under the roof of our bungalow and it had been a very heavy snow that year.

Anyways, I happened to be out around the shed the next day and was dumfounded as to why the shed roof was completely collapsed. My wife and I wondered what happened...one of our theories was maybe a chunk of 'frozen ice' had fallen from an airliner...but no sign of that. Hmmmmnnn.

We noticed our kids were uncharacteristically quiet...so after some discussion of they knew what happened....they came out with it. They were skiing and were surprised when the shed roof collapsed.

Well things happen in life and that spring they helped us build a new, stronger wooden shed. My two prize motorcycles were in that shed...the Matchless Scrambler and the Yamaha big single. No damage.

For the duration of the winter we covered the crushed shed roof with a tarp and all was well.
07-08-2020, 10:08 AM   #79339
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thankfully this thread is unhijackable.
Absolutely.

07-08-2020, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #79340
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Your neighbor needs a Tough Shed.

07-08-2020, 12:24 PM - 3 Likes   #79341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

That can't be right – infamous is more like it.
07-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #79342
Veteran Member

No chemo for Bob.
Found out today that my cancer was caused by gene mutations, not smoking. I'll be taking one pill a day, at home, instead of 3 hour chemo treatments every 3 weeks at the clinic.
The medication is called Tagrisso and of course has a long list of possible nasty side effects.

07-08-2020, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #79343
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is the young guy named Floyd?
No, kid is Pink's son, "Little" Pink.

Here's Floyd:

(Thanks to Wikipedia)

Neither Pink nor Floyd had any connection to the band other than their names and the fact that they were blues men which inspired Syd Barrett to rename the band "The Pink Floyd Sound" from which it contracted to "Pink Floyd Sound" and later yet to just "Pink Floyd". Pink Floyd was formed by some of the former members of the band called "Tea Set" and briefly played under the "Tea Set" name themselves, but then they encountered another band called "Tea Set" at one of their gigs and they figured it made sense to change their name so as to avoid confusion.
07-08-2020, 04:22 PM - 3 Likes   #79344
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

No chemo for Bob.
Found out today that my cancer was caused by gene mutations, not smoking. I'll be taking one pill a day, at home, instead of 3 hour chemo treatments every 3 weeks at the clinic.
The medication is called Tagrisso and of course has a long list of possible nasty side effects.
Wishing you the best treatment experience, and the best outcome Bob.

Hang in there, be strong, and be well.
07-08-2020, 04:28 PM - 2 Likes   #79345
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No chemo for Bob.
That's good news, Bob. Well, other than the side effects. The good news is that the side effects of that are probably less than that of the chemo.
07-08-2020, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #79346
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No chemo for Bob.
Sounds like real clever stuff Bob.
https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/Datasheet/t/tagrissotab.pdf

It goes without saying that I'm holding thumbs and all other appendages for you.
07-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #79347
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
No, kid is Pink's son, "Little" Pink.

Here's Floyd:

(Thanks to Wikipedia)

Neither Pink nor Floyd had any connection to the band other than their names and the fact that they were blues men which inspired Syd Barrett to rename the band "The Pink Floyd Sound" from which it contracted to "Pink Floyd Sound" and later yet to just "Pink Floyd". Pink Floyd was formed by some of the former members of the band called "Tea Set" and briefly played under the "Tea Set" name themselves, but then they encountered another band called "Tea Set" at one of their gigs and they figured it made sense to change their name so as to avoid confusion.
This is Floyd.

07-08-2020, 05:35 PM - 3 Likes   #79348
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is Floyd.
Fixed it for ya!
07-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #79349
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Fixed it for ya!
I have a t-shirt with that on it. Those who are clueless always ask, "Why is your fish named Floyd?"
07-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #79350
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a t-shirt with that on it. Those who are clueless always ask, "Why is your fish named Floyd?"
Aha. Should have been a pink pig rather than a fish!