Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
08-06-2020, 08:04 AM - 2 Likes   #79876
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
In the US, Rodeo Drive tractors, or Beverly Hills tractors.
UAVs....Urban Assault Vehicles

08-06-2020, 08:34 AM - 10 Likes   #79877
Veteran Member

All of this 4x4 talk and I'm not seeing a link to the Go Fund Me page I'm sure one of you set up for my new Bronco.

Update on me.
2.5 weeks on the cancer killing drug with no major side effects. My pains were less within a week of starting it.
Had blood work yesterday and an IV for strengthening my bones. I'll be getting the IV once a month.
Appetite is good. I've gained back 5 of the 40 lbs. I lost over the course of 7 months.
It's possible the drug will become ineffective in the future, but I've read about a lot of good results from using it.
A friend of Mrs Bob has lung cancer. She was always a non-smoker and has the same type I have but in several places in both lungs.
She takes the same drug and some of her tumors have disappeared. I'm much more optimistic now than I was in the beginning.
08-06-2020, 08:39 AM - 2 Likes   #79878
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mkgd1 Quote
You can pick out the phoney jeep owners. They buy the Rubicon package with a Warn winch and oversized tires, but not a sign that the vehicle has ever been off road. No Arizona pinstriping on the sides and immaculate tire sidewalls

---------- Post added 08-05-20 at 11:47 PM ----------

Landrovers are made by the makers of Tetley tea bags. The tea is a better product.
Still, some Landrovers are actually taken off-road - and they seem to get the work done.

08-06-2020, 08:43 AM - 2 Likes   #79879
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
All of this 4x4 talk and I'm not seeing a link to the Go Fund Me page I'm sure one of you set up for my new Bronco.

Update on me.
2.5 weeks on the cancer killing drug with no major side effects. My pains were less within a week of starting it.
Had blood work yesterday and an IV for strengthening my bones. I'll be getting the IV once a month.
Appetite is good. I've gained back 5 of the 40 lbs. I lost over the course of 7 months.
It's possible the drug will become ineffective in the future, but I've read about a lot of good results from using it.
A friend of Mrs Bob has lung cancer. She was always a non-smoker and has the same type I have but in several places in both lungs.
She takes the same drug and some of her tumors have disappeared. I'm much more optimistic now than I was in the beginning.
That sounds like great news, Bob! To get back to your proper self you should consider including some bacon in your diet.

And sorry, I seem to have misplaced the gofundme link

08-06-2020, 08:50 AM - 5 Likes   #79880
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
To get back to your proper self you should consider including some bacon in your diet.
Bacon is where the 5 lbs. came from, silly.
08-06-2020, 09:04 AM - 4 Likes   #79881
Veteran Member

Update on me.
Good to hear!

I think this calls for a celebratory bagpipe tune...?
08-06-2020, 09:17 AM - 3 Likes   #79882
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Good to hear! I think this calls for a celebratory bagpipe tune...?
Only if you play very quietly.

08-06-2020, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #79883
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go out a-tootin' in your Chelsea Tractor (as we call 'em in the UK)
08-06-2020, 09:37 AM - 2 Likes   #79884
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I think this calls for a celebratory bagpipe tune...?
Please don't bother, please!
08-06-2020, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #79885
Pentaxian

Update on me.
Good to hear the update. Amazing what modern medicine can do.

On a side note, about the new Bronco you want. As far as options go, do you want the Bronco to come equipped with the Sasquatch Package.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...ixL3HTrjltX-2j

---------- Post added 08-06-20 at 12:01 PM ----------

Still, some Landrovers are actually taken off-road - and they seem to get the work done.
I like Land Rovers. A buddy had one, back in the '60's It was rather old and to be frank. a noisy rattletrap. But it could anywhere in our wintry climate.

Older English vehicles can have issues though, as I know with my '67 Matchless 750 Scrambler. But boy, some issues aside. do they have character...personality some might say.....and my London built Matchless just oozes it....judging by the partially oil filled cake tin, I place under it's crankcase.

Back in 1970 I had a '62 Volvo PV544 with the twin SU carb, 1,8 liter 4 banger. Like my buddy's old Land Rover, it too had seen better days, but since having it I have a warm spot in my heart for all things Volvo.

The link looks at a military Volvo all wheel drive vehicle...and a model offered to civilians. This truck in modified form, no doubt, actually did well in an earlier Paris-Dakar.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...G1jwy_vkwnjPnY

Now don't get me started on the Austrian made Pinzgauer.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...eSPk-JPvhfNFvT

Last edited by lesmore49; 08-06-2020 at 10:13 AM.
08-06-2020, 10:09 AM - 2 Likes   #79886
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Update on me.
Not just the drug Bob, all our positive thoughts are have an effect too
08-06-2020, 10:38 AM - 1 Like   #79887
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I had a couple of sixties era series 2 land rovers in the seventies, when I lived in UK. Fun vehicles to drive, easy to work on, which is just as well since something was always breaking down. The first I has was the LWB 4door safari model. The 2nd was a pickup style with canvas back. The worst thing about them was the tiny heater. In the winter you could chose between defrosting a tiny patch of windshield or warming your left foot.
08-06-2020, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #79888
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For Racer

To get a real idea of the size of the Mriya, here are landing and takeoff videos from Sunday. I wasn't in these crowds, a friend has a house on the approach to PIK, directly under the flight path...

Yes, the wingtip came out almost to the perimeter fence!

(authentic local accents included for the linguists among you all)
08-06-2020, 03:03 PM - 1 Like   #79889
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Don't forget the hi lift jack mounted within easy reach.
That is a decent jack. Very handy.
08-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #79890
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That is a decent jack. Very handy.
Hi Mark

They give a bit of kick - back too , not very pleasant.
The Chryslers of Aus had them as standard car jacks.

Dave