Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108819 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2020, 04:18 PM - 2 Likes   #79921
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Your's perhaps. Here in Bugtussle we never know what we're going to get.

A few years back, just after Saint Patrick's day I went to the three grocery stores in town (we only have two now, including Chinamart) to get rye bread to make Reuben sandwiches from the leftover corned beef.
Nope. No such thing. They weren't out; they just didn't carry it.
"Rye bread?!?! Ridiculous. Bread is made from WHEAT! Wheat I tells ya. Wheat.
Anybody out there like eggnog ice cream? Don't come to Pierre. They've never heard of it.
This is the rye bread I eat. The bakery is local and big.

I've tried all other rye breads but to my taste nothing approaches it. Now that doesn't help you as there is an international border and your a state and a bit away.

What's In It? ? City Bread Co Ltd.

08-07-2020, 04:52 PM - 2 Likes   #79922
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Now that doesn't help you as there is an international border and your a state and a bit away.
Yeah, thanks a lot.

08-07-2020, 05:14 PM - 2 Likes   #79923
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good ol' vegemite has had a mention.
Why do some people dis-like it so.
You do not 'trowel' it onto your toast or bread ( as many tourists seem to do ), its not 'peanut paste'( butter )

I do like it spread a bit thicker but I like it that way but not trowelled on.
BACON

Dave
08-07-2020, 05:29 PM - 1 Like   #79924
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your's perhaps. Here in Bugtussle we never know what we're going to get.

A few years back, just after Saint Patrick's day I went to the three grocery stores in town (we only have two now, including Chinamart) to get rye bread to make Reuben sandwiches from the leftover corned beef.
Nope. No such thing. They weren't out; they just didn't carry it.
"Rye bread?!?! Ridiculous. Bread is made from WHEAT! Wheat I tells ya. Wheat.
Anybody out there like eggnog ice cream? Don't come to Pierre. They've never heard of it.
No rye bread?

That's criminal.

Wasn't Pierre settled by people from the parts of the Old World that regularly use rye bread?

There ought to be a law.

08-07-2020, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #79925
Pentaxian

Yeah, thanks a lot.

No problem. One of my personal goals is to help at least one person a day, and if I can do that I feel like I've accomplished something...good. Today was your day !
08-08-2020, 08:12 AM - 2 Likes   #79926
Veteran Member

Oops!

Alberta brewery apologizes for misusing Maori language, naming beer 'pubic hair'
08-09-2020, 03:20 AM - 3 Likes   #79927
Veteran Member

No problem. One of my personal goals is to help at least one person a day, and if I can do that I feel like I've accomplished something...good. Today was your day !
There is a joke about that, the t-shirt that said "My goal is to help at least one person per day, today is not your day and tomorrow isn't looking good either...."

08-09-2020, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #79928
Veteran Member

We've slipped down to 4th place on the k3 thread list.
That will never do!!
08-09-2020, 12:53 PM - 2 Likes   #79929
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
We've slipped down to 4th place on the k3 thread list.
That will never do!!
Hey, I can't keep this airplane aloft all by my self.
08-09-2020, 02:06 PM - 3 Likes   #79930
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Hey, I can't keep this airplane aloft all by my self.
Alright, I'll pop in and give a hand once in a while.

Airplanes is the topic... hmm...

08-09-2020, 04:09 PM - 3 Likes   #79931
Pentaxian

When I was a kid, about 7 or 8, I found a stash of my dad's magazines from the mid '50's. They were Popular Mechanics and Mechanics Illustrated....Pop Mechanics is still with us. I just devoured them. They would have articles on cars, road tests, new products, how to's and every so often they would have an article predicting what life would be likes in the 2000's.

I recall one article that indicated we would all be driving/flying....a Flying Car. Traffic jams on the roads would be a thing of the past....although when you think about....the skies would be pretty crowded with all those people flying their Flying Cars.

I came across this article from Popular Mechanics. It was written in 2010 and discusses some predictions that were made about how society would live...what convenience features were thought to be coming in the future, etc. The predictions were made in the past century...some of them 100 or so years before the 2010 article.

I found it interesting to read about what was expected, what came true and what hasn't reached fruition as of this time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...RRpz8icALvUO6v
08-09-2020, 06:32 PM - 2 Likes   #79932
Veteran Member

When I was a kid, about 7 or 8, I found a stash of my dad's magazines from the mid '50's. They were Popular Mechanics and Mechanics Illustrated....Pop Mechanics is still with us. I just devoured them. They would have articles on cars, road tests, new products, how to's and every so often they would have an article predicting what life would be likes in the 2000's.

I recall one article that indicated we would all be driving/flying....a Flying Car. Traffic jams on the roads would be a thing of the past....although when you think about....the skies would be pretty crowded with all those people flying their Flying Cars.

I came across this article from Popular Mechanics. It was written in 2010 and discusses some predictions that were made about how society would live...what convenience features were thought to be coming in the future, etc. The predictions were made in the past century...some of them 100 or so years before the 2010 article.

I found it interesting to read about what was expected, what came true and what hasn't reached fruition as of this time.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=...RRpz8icALvUO6v
But if everyone has flying cars then shirley the roads would be quiet.....
08-09-2020, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #79933
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Shirley they would....as my sister Shirley would say.

But can you imagine the carnage in the air ....
08-09-2020, 06:55 PM - 6 Likes   #79934
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
His name is Les. stop calling him Shirley!

---------- Post added 08-09-20 at 10:02 PM ----------

I'll finish this interesting read as soon as wash down my meal of sawdust with this kerosene milk, mmm, good!
08-09-2020, 07:46 PM - 2 Likes   #79935
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
His name is Les. stop calling him Shirley!

---------- Post added 08-09-20 at 10:02 PM ----------

I'll finish this interesting read as soon as wash down my meal of sawdust with this kerosene milk, mmm, good!
Bon Appetit ! There's nothing like sawdust and kerosene milk....that stuff mixes well and really does stick to your ribs, esophagus, etc. BTW, avoid having a nice smoke, just after you've drunk your kerosene milk.

It won't be good for you. Don't ask me how I know this.