Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2020, 10:47 AM - 2 Likes   #80881
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Welcome to Canada, eh?
The border stations out here on the western prairies (both Canada and the USA) are a lot of times...kind of isolated. You have to drive a few miles to get to any sizable towns.

So I think one of Rob's Pizzas coming over the line, might be too much of a temptation for either side's border guys. I mean I've just looked at Rob's handiwork on the Weber BBQ or grille in PF pics...and it looks irresistible to me...so if I can't resist temptation I don't how anyone could.

09-23-2020, 10:47 AM - 3 Likes   #80882
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
I like Bert's posts and Bert too
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
I like Bert too
Me too.

Oh and also, say whatever you like, I have a think skin.
09-23-2020, 12:00 PM - 3 Likes   #80883
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Me too.

Oh and also, say whatever you like, I have a think skin.
So how does that work? Does it make decisions on it's own account and can you use it to supplement your brain if you have a brain-fart? Inquiring minds need to know!

Last edited by Tako Kichi; 09-23-2020 at 12:08 PM.
09-23-2020, 12:30 PM - 4 Likes   #80884
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
The border stations out here on the western prairies (both Canada and the USA) are a lot of times...kind of isolated. You have to drive a few miles to get to any sizable towns.

So I think one of Rob's Pizzas coming over the line, might be too much of a temptation for either side's border guys. I mean I've just looked at Rob's handiwork on the Weber BBQ or grille in PF pics...and it looks irresistible to me...so if I can't resist temptation I don't how anyone could.
Indeed.

I have crossed the US/Canada border at the three main crossings into British Columbia along the I5 corridor (more times than I can remember, staring in the mid 1960's), the crossing between Curlew, WA and Grand Forks, BC (we call it The Dudley Desk), Sweetgrass, Montana into Alberta (twice), from North Dakota to Manitoba at Pembina (once), headed for Winterpeg, Detroilet into Windsor across the Ambassador bridge (too many times), Port Huron to Point Edward across the Blue Water bridge, and the Champlain crossing from New York into Quebec.

Going into Canada has always proved easier than coming back through US Customs.

Having crossed the border as many times as I have, I could write a book about my border crossing experiences.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 09-23-2020 at 08:23 PM.
09-23-2020, 01:31 PM - 3 Likes   #80885
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
So how does that work? Does it make decisions on it's own account and can you use it to supplement your brain if you have a brain-fart? Inquiring minds need to know!
It means my stupid fingers can't hit the right letters
09-23-2020, 01:41 PM - 2 Likes   #80886
Pentaxian

So your fingers didn't get the smart skin, eh?
09-23-2020, 02:17 PM - 2 Likes   #80887
Pentaxian

Indeed.

I have crossed the US/Canada border at the three main crossings into British Columbia along the I5 corridor, the crossing between Curlew, WA and Grand Forks, BC (we call it The Dudley Desk), Sweetgrass, Montana into Alberta, from North Dakota to Manitoba at Pembina, headed for Winterpeg, Detroilet into Windsor across the Ambassador bridge, Port Huron to Point Edward across the Blue Water bridge, and the Champlain crossing from New York into Quebec.

Going into Canada has always proved easier than coming back through US Customs.

Having crossed the border I could write a book about my border crossing experiences.
For me, it is always easier going into the States than coming back to Canada. I dunno why. I recall once coming back into Canada and the customs guy asked me if I was bringing back any guns, knives....magazines.

I replied no guns or knives...but I picked up a couple of magazines about vintage American motorcycles. He replied not that kind of magazine.

I have a feeling it would be a very interesting book if you wrote one....and also added your adventures during transport truck travels throughout North America.

09-24-2020, 10:03 AM - 3 Likes   #80888
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
19 hours without a post?
I'll slip one in while nobody's looking.

Signed,
Post Whore Bob
09-24-2020, 11:12 AM - 3 Likes   #80889
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Or the contractor who builds then in the factory. Except in 1943 in Central Europe. Although Guderian said that all the day and night bombing by swarms of 1000 bombers did not slow down production.
Funny thing - some fellow students I work with are friends with a girl named Guderian, and when one of them told me about her she mentioned that her great-grandfather had had a role in some sort of 'tank association or something'. I just stared at her asking whether she was talking about Heinz Guderian, and she said "Oh yeah, that guy! Didn't he have something to do with tanks?"
09-24-2020, 12:00 PM - 2 Likes   #80890
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Post Whore Bob
Yuo're still 9 posts short, Bob.
09-24-2020, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #80891
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
(Okay, that may be just a wee bit of an exaggeration. )
You? Exaggerate?! I'd never...
09-24-2020, 12:05 PM   #80892
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Funny thing - some fellow students I work with are friends with a girl named Guderian, and when one of them told me about her she mentioned that her great-grandfather had had a role in some sort of 'tank association or something'. I just stared at her asking whether she was talking about Heinz Guderian, and she said "Oh yeah, that guy! Didn't he have something to do with tanks?"
09-24-2020, 12:24 PM - 2 Likes   #80893
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Yuo're . . . . .
Yuo’re?

Is that a cousin to Eyore?
09-24-2020, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #80894
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Thursday, in The Big Shed, building another 767 Freighter for FedEx.

Crawling around on the belly of the B deck, drilling holes, and filling them. Pretty good crew I’m working with, but crawling around on the stringers sucks.
09-24-2020, 01:06 PM - 2 Likes   #80895
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yuo’re?

Is that a cousin to Eyore?
Yuo have a problem with that?

And no, this ain't the Doom&Gloom section