Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2021, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #84586
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Our hearts are heavy this morning, we had to let our girl Brooke go yesterday evening.
She gave us, and we gave her, 12 1/2 years of unconditional love.
As many of you know, it's so hard making the decision, even when you know it's the right thing to do.
That's a tough thing to do, I know; they become so much a part of your life. My commiserations.

01-24-2021, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #84587
Veteran Member

Our hearts are heavy this morning, we had to let our girl Brooke go yesterday evening.
As many of you know, it's so hard making the decision, even when you know it's the right thing to do.

Sorry to hear that Bob, at least she had a good run
01-24-2021, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #84588
Pentaxian

Very difficult thing to do. We were in the same situation with our dog, Willy and cats, Niki and Cali. My condolences.
01-24-2021, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #84589
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

So sorry to hear that, Bob. It is always so hard to go through that. Our canine companions are such a big part of our lives, and it leaves a big hole when they are gone... Brooke will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you.

01-24-2021, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #84590
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

So sorry to hear that.
01-24-2021, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #84591
Veteran Member

So sorry to hear that Bob, condolences to the whole family, losing a loved pet is always tough
01-24-2021, 12:05 PM - 1 Like   #84592
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I would bet the whole thing was staged, and the sunbather knows the drone pilot.
I agree.

01-24-2021, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #84593
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bob, so sorry to hear. Our pets become such a part of our lives that saying goodbye is never easy.
Thinking of you.
01-24-2021, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #84594
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I would bet the whole thing was staged, and the sunbather knows the drone pilot.
Apparently not staged, no. Monk sunbathing on wind turbine captured by drone camera | CBC News
Video shot by a vacationing drone owner from Rhode Island.
01-24-2021, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #84595
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm so sorry... It's always hard, but I'm certain her unconditional love was not one sided
01-25-2021, 01:57 AM - 4 Likes   #84596
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Will you guys slow down a bit? It seems I'm constantly 2 days behind the thread. Is this how it feels to live in Hawaii?
01-25-2021, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #84597
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Reading through the thread I travel back in time when I get to my own posts of two days ago. Does that mean that we'll go through another lockdown a few days from now?
01-25-2021, 02:24 AM - 3 Likes   #84598
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dinner tonight was a traditional mutton Cassoulet made in a deep casserole dish in the pizza oven, along with a bread, also baked in the oven using last night's leftover heat. We had my mother here last night for pizzas.
I'm still getting kicks cooking with "free" heat!
01-25-2021, 02:27 AM - 2 Likes   #84599
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Reading through the thread I travel back in time when I get to my own posts of two days ago. Does that mean that we'll go through another lockdown a few days from now?
Hi Sav

Lockdown = not here

Being 2 days behind mmm is it Hawaii 2 days or Norway how long is it dark for again
01-25-2021, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #84600
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
How they seem to do it here is they let the turbines run as much as possible, day and night and when the demand is low, they use less hydro. When the demand is really high, you'll see hydro lake levels start to drop all over the show. If they get to the point where they can see that the hydro and the wind systems are not generating enough, they run the Huntley coal/gas plant. (The Huntley turbines can run on either coal or gas)

80% of New Zealand's electricity generation is from renewable sources with hydro making around 40% and wind and geothermal making the other 40%. The plan is to phase out the coal/gas generation over the next 25 years so all our power generation comes from renewables but I think that's a bit ambitious.
Much the same here. We're about 90% hydroelectric, so it's easy to adjust the output to what few percent the wind turbines make. There are also a few gas turbine plants as well as smaller gas turbines on the off-shore installations in the North Sea. We used to have two small nuclear plants for research purposes but they've recently been shut down.