Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2021, 01:08 PM - 4 Likes   #85141
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You boys are incorrigible.
I know this will probably shock you, but that's not the worst thing I've been called.

02-07-2021, 02:27 PM - 3 Likes   #85142
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mrs. Racer made chili last night (no, she didn’t put any chocolate in it, she cooks her way, I cook mine), and cornbread. Now I really like cornbread, almost as much as I like chocolate.

Almost.

But without chocolate.

Like my coffee, I can be pretty fussy about cornbread. None of that read in a box stuff. Only cornbread from scratch. I mean, it isn’t that difficult or complex.

And it has to have corn in it, not just cornmeal. Ain’t cornbread without the corn.

Sweet corn.

Creamed sweet corn is even better.

So even though she makes chili her own way, without (shudder) chocolate, she always makes cornbread the right way.

But last night she stepped up her game.

She did it in a skillet.

And in addition to the corn, there was cheese. Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese.

And bacon.

Let me say that one more time.

There was real bacon, chopped up and mixed in with all the other natural goodness.

Served up hot with freshly made honey butter.

Just had some of the leftover for lunch.

But no chocolate.

Did I mention I like chocolate?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
02-07-2021, 02:41 PM - 5 Likes   #85143
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The sucking liquid through a Tim Tam thingy; I understand it works pretty well with red wine!!
02-07-2021, 02:41 PM - 2 Likes   #85144
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Humble and smart!

No, just someone good at picking up useless information - and useless at remembering anything useful or important

"Webster wanted American spelling to not only be more straightforward but different from UK spelling, as a way of America showing its independence from the former British rule. He dropped the letter u from words like colour and honour – which had developed from the French influence in England – to make them color and honor instead."
5 big reasons why US and UK English sound so different ? GO Blog | EF GO Blog.
Don't forget the coolness factor

"Plus, z is a much cooler letter to write, so there’s that."

Brazilian Portuguese has a lot of parallels to American English in their attempts at simplifying the spelling (to reflect actual pronunciation) - and, I suspect, to show their independence. Oh, and much the same with Afrikaans and Dutch. And with Norwegian and Danish, really. This seems to be a common theme around the world

02-07-2021, 02:42 PM - 3 Likes   #85145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

... dark roast coffee ... the kind that leaves an oil slick on the coffee
Ohhhh yes! Brutha, yo' talk my language!!

Hahahahahaha!
02-07-2021, 02:43 PM - 3 Likes   #85146
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I want to taste the tequila
What on flat Earth for?!
02-07-2021, 02:51 PM - 3 Likes   #85147
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Bet Rupert's chocolate girls would like those.
I'm slowly coming around to liking dark chocolate, not Mrs Bob, she's a milk chocoholic all the way.

Mr Webster didn't underline chocoholic in red, I'm surprised the word was used way back then.
I very rarely eat milk chocolate any more. Always dark, 70 % cocoa or more. It's just better. And tastes really nice with beer.

For what it's worth, robtcorl receives a squiggly red line on this computer

I also notice that I have neither switched this one to British English nor disabled the annoying spell checker. Lazy bum, eh.

02-07-2021, 03:00 PM - 2 Likes   #85148
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess we'll find out tonight why Will Ferrell hates Norway.

https://youtu.be/NACo65bYCqM
Gah, I know all too well! Anytime Norway is mentioned abroad it gets on the new here
02-07-2021, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #85149
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
It's to compensate for the cheap bread
Not around here!
02-07-2021, 03:08 PM - 5 Likes   #85150
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
My wife likes dark chocolate, but not for me. Milk chocolate has always been my favourite.
Dark or milk, have your pick!

02-07-2021, 03:40 PM - 4 Likes   #85151
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Dark or milk, have your pick!
It is no choice unless there is a third option after the original two...of a) Dark or b) Milk...take your pick.

My choice would be c) None of the above. But on the other hand, I shouldn't knock it, till I've tried it.

I do like bacon ...back bacon as Canadians call it...or Canadian bacon as the much of the rest of the world calls it. I do like milk chocolate.....but bacon and chocolate together ? I dunno. Those tastes seem too disparate for me

Sad to say my palate isn't very adventuresome, and I know...I don't know what I'm missing.

My idea of eating on the wild side, would be to have my burger adorned with cheddar cheese, a slice of tomato, a nice pickle (dill), maybe a mushroom or two.

Tonight for supper, we're having home made burgers. We do have some Neilson's Milk Chocolate at home....maybe a schmear or two of chocolate between the pickle and cheddar cheese wouldn't hurt.
02-07-2021, 03:58 PM - 4 Likes   #85152
Veteran Member

While on the subject of fine dining.
For Stupor Bowl night I have chicken wings in a brine for air frying later. (#1 don't grill when the wind chill is 6 F)
The Velveeta queso blanco cheese like substance, with Rotels, is all melty in our mini crock pot.
Tater skins with bacon, cheese and sour cream also on the menu.
Fire going in the fireplace, just me and my main squeeze here tonight.

Sorry Racer, after reading about your coffee concoction I felt a bit queasy.
02-07-2021, 04:42 PM - 2 Likes   #85153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not queasy...

...because I have no intention of trying it.
02-07-2021, 04:48 PM - 4 Likes   #85154
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I very rarely eat milk chocolate any more. Always dark, 70 % cocoa or more. It's just better. And tastes really nice with beer.

For what it's worth, robtcorl receives a squiggly red line on this computer

I also notice that I have neither switched this one to British English nor disabled the annoying spell checker. Lazy bum, eh.
A year ago we were lucky enough to be on our first trip to Merida in mexico, I bought 100" from a local chocolate guy at an organic market. it was crazy good and wholly edible which was a revelation. I have always been a dark chocolate guy but this was beyond good. Sadly this year we are not back there thanks to bloody Covid

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2021 at 18:50 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
It is no choice unless there is a third option after the original two...of a) Dark or b) Milk...take your pick.

My choice would be c) None of the above. But on the other hand, I shouldn't knock it, till I've tried it.

I do like bacon ...back bacon as Canadians call it...or Canadian bacon as the much of the rest of the world calls it. I do like milk chocolate.....but bacon and chocolate together ? I dunno. Those tastes seem too disparate for me

Sad to say my palate isn't very adventuresome, and I know...I don't know what I'm missing.

My idea of eating on the wild side, would be to have my burger adorned with cheddar cheese, a slice of tomato, a nice pickle (dill), maybe a mushroom or two.

Tonight for supper, we're having home made burgers. We do have some Neilson's Milk Chocolate at home....maybe a schmear or two of chocolate between the pickle and cheddar cheese wouldn't hurt.
For Back Bacon, if you come to Toronto hit St Lawrence market for a Bacon sandwich massed with bacn on a soft bun with many toppings available (Mayo and Dijon for me)
02-07-2021, 06:45 PM - 2 Likes   #85155
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I'm not queasy...

...because I have no intention of trying it.
Y'all don't be hatin' on my coffee now.