Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2021, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #85741
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Wrapping up another Sunday at The Big Shed.

Doubletime always makes for a nice paycheck.
Building a replacement for the busted one in Denver.

02-22-2021, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #85742
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Actually, I expect with some repairs that aircraft will fly again. It’s Pratt and Whitney that has the headache, those engines are almost unique to that 777 version.
02-22-2021, 04:19 AM - 4 Likes   #85743
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Happy birthday to both of those beautiful ladies!
Lookin' good Mark and Annie!
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Lycra free day I see .......

Happy ( belated ) Birthday to the ladies in your life ......
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Lovely celebratory, family pictures.
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Happy birthday to the girls!

I must say, your weather looks rather more pleasant than what we have here. Then again, when living in an imaginary place you might as well imagine it to be a nice one
Thank you all! Much appreciated.

Busy night with our local Kids Triathlon. (I run the timing system) Yes, it's almost not possible to see that the world is in the midst of a Covid pandemic.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-J610G  Photo 
02-22-2021, 04:41 AM - 3 Likes   #85744
Veteran Member

Some might remember my post about a NZ couple planning to move to the USA so they could afford the same cancer drug I'm taking, Tagrisso.
The husband was his wife's caregiver and he had joined a FB group called Tagrisso (osimertinib) Patients & Caregivers.
Sadly, he posted yesterday that his wife had passed away. Not sure if they ever moved here, his profile still shows NZ.
It is a wonder drug, but it can only do so much, and work for so long before alternative measures must be taken.

Heading to 60F (15.555C) today. Grilled dinner yesterday, might grill again today.

02-22-2021, 04:58 AM - 2 Likes   #85745
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Another weekend at The Big Shed. After 6 weekends in a row, they made me skip a weekend. Apparently we aren’t allowed to work more than 3 in a row.

Pfftt!!

At this point I would work 7 days a week until I retire, if they would let me.
Do you think they will let you retire? The Missus and I have come to the conclusion that I will not retire this summer as originally planned. I will suffer on for a little longer. Got more renos to pay for! All good though, as I am enjoying this job and really, can pull the plug any time I really want to.
02-22-2021, 05:18 AM   #85746
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently came across sw called SpatialChat. Kind of simulates mixing with a crowd in a room for these antisocial, by order, days. Nothing like Zoom which simulates a board room meeting.
MS Teams has a similar thing, I believe they call it breakout rooms?
02-22-2021, 05:21 AM   #85747
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Still 5’10” but am 205 now. When I was young and athletic I was 165 .. when I was homeless and doing to many illicit substances while playing in a band I was 128... I would like to get to about 180 or so . Covid derailed my regular workouts at the y ...I figure I won’t return to a gym until 2022 . Meanwhile the pork belly and bacon diet is holding weight steady

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2021 at 09:11 ----------

Yeah I have had a couple like that with lawyers for dad’s estate I had to find someone to witness etc before faxing (fortunately my boss is a CA so witness part is easy) meanwhile we sold he house using e signatures and zoom lololol

---------- Post added 21st Feb 2021 at 09:20 ----------

Going to be a long wait for shot for me. I am guessing may or June based n supply chain issues .
Same with all Mom's Estate stuff a few years back. The house was all e-signature and the estate was still witnessed signatures and courier.

02-22-2021, 05:23 AM - 1 Like   #85748
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Going to be a long wait for shot for me. I am guessing may or June based n supply chain issues .
I think I saw something saying that Renfrew county, where we are, will be completed by the end of August. All our Extended Care Homes are done.
02-22-2021, 05:27 AM - 3 Likes   #85749
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mmmyes... We've had about 4 weeks of steady -10 to -20°C, then the temperature started rising a few days ago. A couple of days with more snow, then it turned into rain - and the snow on the ground turned into slush. Yay

I'm not thrilled when spring still is a couple of months away. Plenty of time for more freeze-thaw cycles

But hey, it's cosy indoors, and when I venture out I have my spikes. And the bike has studded tyres.

And today it's just one month till spring equinox! Yay!
Things will be a lot nicer around here a month from now. The snow will not be completely gone from the bush until mid April, but those warm spring days are coming! We actually sat on the front step yesterday, enjoying a beer in the sunshine; it was that nice. Well, until the sun disappeared behind a cloud.
02-22-2021, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #85750
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Its a bit of a tightrope there Bob. There are not that many Companies that have the ability to add one more drug to there production at the levels where it probably outnumbers what they already produce.
Not only that, the mRNA technology used in this Vaccine I believe has never been used before so tooling up manufacturing to support the new process is not simple. That said, it is possible and I believe Western Canada is supposed to get such a facility? I could not find an article to refer to...
02-22-2021, 07:18 AM - 3 Likes   #85751
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Things will be a lot nicer around here a month from now. The snow will not be completely gone from the bush until mid April, but those warm spring days are coming! We actually sat on the front step yesterday, enjoying a beer in the sunshine; it was that nice. Well, until the sun disappeared behind a cloud.
Warm spring days sound more like May... But we'll get there, eventually

In the mean time, I do dress like a Norwegian

I noticed in the comments that someone was a bit upset over seeing a girl looking more happy the more clothes she put on, though

02-22-2021, 08:12 AM - 1 Like   #85752
Veteran Member

Warm spring days sound more like May... But we'll get there, eventually

In the mean time, I do dress like a Norwegian

I noticed in the comments that someone was a bit upset over seeing a girl looking more happy the more clothes she put on, though

https://youtu.be/oZC0fJathQY
Coming inside, and getting in the heat of passion with your mate, might change the mood given the time needed to get down to the bare essentials.
Like the scenes in movies when they start ripping each other's clothes off, as if this is how having sex is always done.
02-22-2021, 08:23 AM - 2 Likes   #85753
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
These dang computers are so complicated.
Hey, if some zit faced kid can figure them out, we shouldn’t have any trouble making them work for us.
02-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #85754
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I see that older plane has Pratt & Whitney engines. The FAA has grounded all 128 of that airplane model fitted with those engines, pending inspection of all Pratt & Whitney engines on them.
02-22-2021, 08:36 AM - 3 Likes   #85755
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

A nicely done Super Beetle, with a high horsepower turbocharged Subaru engine swap.

Can you say sleeper?