Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Go take some pictures people.....
Can't argue with that.... but photography is much more than just taking pictures for many people. Speaking for myself, I derive pleasure from making images, and from the gear itself - I collect cameras, and use them. I also enjoy talking about them and sharing my ideas with like-minded (and not so like-minded) people. It all has its place. It's a case of do what you enjoy doing, and take no notice of naysayers.

10-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
Hey, he's Australian. He wouldn't say "ass".
And he didn't – Australians aren't shy about their Anglo-Saxon linguistic heritage. Anyway, the styling of the Prakticas wasn't all that different to their contemporaries.
10-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not much difference in the styling between the K-5 and k-3.
Canon and Nikon look and feel like expensive plastic, but the K-5 and K-3 are beautiful.
I'm saving my pennies already.
10-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't see that there is anything different about the way the K3 looks, except for that bump on the left grip. Nothing like, say, the K-01, which was plenty polarizing when it was released. People will look at your K3 (as long as you get it in black) and just nod and say, "There's a camera." SLR design just doesn't differ that much from company to company (although Canon cameras are not very enjoyable to use from an ergonomic stand point).

10-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

In a market where people want retro styling the same people complain about Pentax cameras being too retro angular shaped. Ironic?
10-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #21

My Practica Nova is friggin' gorgeous. The prism is deco as and the shutter button at the front should have been standard. That said, I love that my k30 looks like a transformer, and I'm currently talking myself out of a Voltron Camera.
10-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
... pickup a Pentax (rolls off the tongue doesn't it )...
Actually, it really does! And it has a bit of a double meaning. It's saying, "Just pick one up and feel it", while also reminding people to buy one while they're shopping. I do think that the feel of Pentax cameras is one of their best selling points. They just feel like serious cameras, not toys. I've had Nikon and Canon guys pick up my Pentax and their immediate reaction is, "Whoa...nice camera!" They weren't expecting something that substantial feeling. Now...if there were only Pentax cameras readily available out in the real world for people to actually pick up and hold.

10-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Matt who now?

Well, his video was quite complimentary all the way up to that remark about the looks which seemed odd.
Soviet Germany? Isn't that where the Carl Zeiss factory was? Perhaps that was a veiled compliment?
10-11-2013, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi

Matt I have news for you, Soviet Germany hasn't been in existence for some 23 years now so you are just a wee bit behind the times. That would probably explain why you don't like the shape of the Pentax body as you taste for that is still stuck in the old Canikon days.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.
10-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #25

I took what he said to mean that the K-30 looks bad. I've heard that from others, though.