Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2013, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So we finally have a K3 which brings in (all based on specs, not experience yet) a markedly improved autofocus, dual card slots with wireless tethering, improved and featured video, improved physical controls, 24MP sensor, enhanced weathersealing with WR flashes and new WR lenses, and newly innovative use of the floating sensor.

Nope. Not enough. It's not FF, so it's rubbish.

Honestly, I'm beginning to view FF as kind of a fetish. It's simply not required. Would it be interesting to see this camera with a FF system? Sure, and maybe we'll see it. It's not necessary for enthusiasts, though.

10-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #32
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Do the Canon and Nikon boards get these kinds of threads where folks threaten to sell all their gear and switch to Pentax because Canon/Nikon refuse to make medium format cameras...even though neither of them have ever said they were going to build such a camera and currently don't have a lens line-up in place to support one?
Nikon D800E vs. Pentax 645D - Conclusion - PentaxForums.com
10-11-2013, 05:39 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Actual performance has nothing to do with it. It's all about the sensor size. Haven't you heard?
10-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #34
Banned

Actual performance has nothing to do with it. It's all about the sensor size. Haven't you heard?
There are 25 million full frame Pentax lenses out there and none of them work with the 645D.

10-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Incorrect, the standard for professional work is whatever gets the job done best - I don't know where you are getting all this rubbish about full frame. I know professional photographers who do excellent work with APS-C cameras, FX format, medium format and Large format. I really don't see any particular format as professional - though some formats require more skill to use than others - the fact that you are hung up on Full frame FX format as being more professional speaks volumes about you. If you really think a bigger sensor is going to make your work professional? - I hate burst your bubble, but professionalism is more than some thing that can be bought at a camera store.

My family have been using pentax cameras for longer than you have, although I use Leica, Arca-Swiss, Sinar, Ebony, Alpa, Hasselblad, Nikon and Canon cameras - There will always be room for Pentax cameras on my shelf.
beautiful photo!!!!
10-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
There are 25 million full frame Pentax lenses out there and none of them work with the 645D.

Okay then...there's old Nikkors in Bronica mounts that cover medium format, too, but you still don't hear Nikon guys whining about no medium format digital, do you?
10-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Post #37. Dude didn't meet his goal - not enough flames on this thread yet.

C'mon, Pentaxians, feed the guy!

10-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #38
Banned

Okay then...there's old Nikkors in Bronica mounts that cover medium format, too, but you still don't hear Nikon guys whining about no medium format digital, do you?
What exactly does that have to do with wanting a full frame camera to use with the 25 million full frame Pentax lenses ?
10-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WaveDancer Quote
You have to care!

...by end of 2014, if by then Pentax has no topclass FF - body, I'll switch to Nikon... this after 40 years Pentax!
We don't care.

You should leave Pentax now, to save time.
10-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Post #37. Dude didn't meet his goal - not enough flames on this thread yet.

C'mon, Pentaxians, feed the guy!
Lol!!

To the OP, get a canon then you can have real issues to moan about...
10-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #41
Veteran Member

The best part from OP?

After 40yrs, he believes that FF is the standard for professional. Sheesh...
Tells a lot of his experience...
Closed Thread