Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #1

Sorry Pentax it is not enough....

Sorry to say, I was expecting with the K3 more (what is this a almost 3 years old sensor!!), much more! The standart for professionals is Full Frame. You have to care! You loose again ground against the competitors. I plan to buy my total new equipment (lots of money) by end of 2014, if by then Pentax has no topclass FF - body, I'll switch to Nikon... this after 40 years Pentax!

10-11-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to the K-3 forum.

I doubt that Pentax has a significant professional user base, if any these days. It was much smarter of them to tackle the high-end APS-C market, which hasn't gotten as much attention from others as they've been focused on making FF's.

BTW, if and when you switch, check out http://www.nikonforums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
+1 to what the guy above said.
Given your basic grasp of English, I'll speak slowly.
The K3 is an unknown quantity as yet, with no firm tests done. We should all wait and see what the comparisons between the K3 and latest iterations of the K5 reveal. Also, we should see what comparisons (if any), can be drawn between the K3 and other brand APS-C and maybe even FF cameras.
So before anyone dismisses the K3, please wait for the results to be in. Me, I'm happy with my recently acquired K5 II. It's more camera that I'll ever be able to use.

Regards
10-11-2013, 02:23 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WaveDancer Quote
Sorry to say, I was expecting with the K3 more (what is this a almost 3 years old sensor!!), much more! The standart for professionals is Full Frame. You have to care! You loose again ground against the competitors. I plan to buy my total new equipment (lots of money) by end of 2014, if by then Pentax has no topclass FF - body, I'll switch to Nikon... this after 40 years Pentax!
Enjoy moving over to the dark side

The grass is always greener on the other side...

etc etc :P

10-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Moved to the K-3 forum.

I doubt that Pentax has a significant professional user base, if any these days. It was much smarter of them to tackle the high-end APS-C market, which hasn't gotten as much attention from others as they've been focused on making FF's.

BTW, if and when you switch, check out NikonForums.com - Premier Nikon Community
... I know it is a difficult decision to switch to an other brand - I'm quite satisfied with Pentax in particular since I use my equipment mainly on sea-expeditions, trekkings and general in rough conditions. I started with the FX 1975. How ever FF will soon be standart also in the upper-consumer market as well and I'm pritty sure Pentax will realize this and will hook on....
10-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
+1 to what the guy above said.
... Given your basic grasp of English....

Regards
Want to insult people? Not everyone has his mother tongue in English. Better keep quite with your nonsense.
10-11-2013, 02:39 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Decisions, Decisions

40 Years Pentax? On another thread you stated you had started with Pentax, went to Olympus, went to Nikon, now back to Pentax, but not for 'professional use'. How did you ever skip Canon? They have full frame and video. And lots of pro users, just ask' em.
New user, 3 posts, all gripes about Pentax not having full frame.
Ricoh/Pentax has made it very clear they're committed to DSLR APS-c for the near future. Get over it!
Ron

Last edited by rbefly; 10-11-2013 at 03:10 AM.
10-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly do you hope to achieve by such a post?

10-11-2013, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

I hate to be cynical, but it gets a little strange when somebody's first post on the forum is "Goodbye fair world, I'm going to jump!"

That said, I would surprised if there isn't a full frame camera from Pentax by middle of next year, but for hiking/trekking, APS-C is still going to be a smaller, more portable option. I don't know many hikers who stick a D800 and 14-24 in the bag when they go.
10-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Want to insult people?
Ok, to be fair, my apologies to the OP for my less-than-courteous phrase.
However I stand by the body of my response, which is to say, don't rubbish what you don't know.

Regards
10-11-2013, 03:28 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

How can you critique a sensor without even knowing how it performs yet?

That being said, I bought into FF about a year ago and guess what... it counts for nothing. ie, I was also under the impression that it would be "all that", only to find out that the advantages of a FF over my K-5 were so few and far in between that it simply wasn't worth the change(true story).

Having said all that, I wouldn't expect anyone to take my word for it. I certainly didn't go that route and so I'll simply say: good-luck with your new Nikon.
10-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
Pentaxian

seriously, we need a FUD section to collect all these gems in one place.
10-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Please kindly donate all your current gear and buy a D4 we won't stop you.
10-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Good bye.
10-11-2013, 04:03 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

considering APS-C is still 95% of the market, Pentax did a good move.

the sensor is not the 3 years old one Sony put in the Alpha 77 (if i remember well about Sony numbering).

If you desperatly need FF, then please jump and stop whinning and complaining.

have a Nice day !
Closed Thread