Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Sofware fo Flu

Hope that they have quickly available Windows control software for using the Flu card for tethered shooting.

10-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boxcam78 Quote
Hope that they have quickly available Windows control software for using the Flu card for tethered shooting.
Some of these would probably work:
Flucard pro apps
10-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #18
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm hoping the AA type 0,1,2 may be bracketed automatically. Tend not to be able to tell if any moire issue has happened until review of image on the PC so it would be nice to have the alternatives safely in reserve.
As more functionality is moved of a physical switch (meter & AF pattern) I trust these also came become part of a "User" mode definition.
10-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
I'm hoping the AA type 0,1,2 may be bracketed automatically. Tend not to be able to tell if any moire issue has happened until review of image on the PC so it would be nice to have the alternatives safely in reserve.
As more functionality is moved of a physical switch (meter & AF pattern) I trust these also came become part of a "User" mode definition.
I would be happy with something similar to the overexposure blinkies for moire.

10-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Great ideas guys, moire bracketing and moire detection.
10-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #21
Veteran Member

A simple one for me would be a menu override to allow flash (not HSS) sync speeds of faster than 1/180, and allow the user to deal with any black bars in pp.
10-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #22

Photos: Albums
Perhaps on the list could be added:
Support for raw video until 2.5K with different fps.
Support for professional video codec and container.
Possibilities to change the amount of motion of the resulting LPF function.
Remove the sound artifact produced from the AA system with a little signal processing so, at that point, could be used even on video.
Support for the png format at 16 bit per channel.

Control software for using the Flu card for tethered shooting on Linux (but that think is related to the applications and don't from the firmware of the camera).

Note:
I found this:
Pentax K-3 Hands-On Preview
interesting.

Last edited by alexfoto; 10-20-2013 at 10:44 AM.
10-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #23

An auto shutter speed setting that maintains the slowest safe hand held speed by upping the iso when the minimum threshold is passed for a given focal length. It would also be cool if it would adjust accordingly to SR being off or on. I believe the Nikon d800 does something along these lines. Forgive me if the k5 does this. I more or less slept through it and its various iterations.
10-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Some of these would probably work:
Flucard pro apps
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see any functionality listed for the Flucard that isn't on an Eyefi. I don't see that the card controls any camera. I get Eyefi functionality from my current Pentax bodies, but to me "tethering" implies much more.
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see any functionality listed for the Flucard that isn't on an Eyefi.
The standard FLU Cards are indeed much like existing EyeFi cards.

However the FLU Card released with the K-3 (Pentax part # O-FC1) is a customised one (maybe just a custom FLU app?) that does indeed allow remote control of the camera - focus, shutter etc - as well as other things (perhaps) - like Live View viewing..
10-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

However the FLU Card released with the K-3 (Pentax part # O-FC1) is a customised one (maybe just a custom FLU app?) that does indeed allow remote control of the camera - focus, shutter etc - as well as other things (perhaps) - like Live View viewing..
and selection of the autofocus point on the tethered device.
10-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
Pentaxian

I'm hoping the final firmware will allow the functions of the green button and the AF button on the camera to be swapped and/or the rotation of the functions of the AE-L, AF, and "green" buttons on the D-BG5.
  1. The adjustment to the camera may work better for my style (moving the active AF area around a lot and using the AF button for explicit focus).
  2. Currently, the button layout on the K-3 is rather different to that on the D-BG5.
I learned to really appreciate the D-BG4 on my K-5 II and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to become friends with a K-3 if there won't be a way to fix the D-BG5 issue. It seems unlikely that there will be another version of the grip so firmware support for customising button functions is my only (residually small) hope.
10-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #28
Veteran Member

There's one thing that has been missing in the HyperManual mode that I've frequently wished for (without having posted about it).

When you press the AE-L button in M mode this locks the exposure value and subsequent aperture or shutter speed changes will also change the other setting to keep the exposure value the same. This is great because it allows you to carefully set exposure independently from the meter and still play around with the settings without the risk of losing the careful manual metering. Unfortunately this doesn't take ISO into account. I would so like the camera to also keep exposure value if I would change sensitivity after locking the Ev.

Wim
10-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #29
Veteran Member

But we have not seen that card yet. I will be fascinated to see how that pans out, because that is the feature of the K-3 which most tempts me to spend the bucks over the K-5II. I scratch my head a bit just like some of the reviewers who wonder why that feature isn't just built into the camera.
10-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I scratch my head a bit just like some of the reviewers who wonder why that feature isn't just built into the camera.
Having years of lost development time under Hoya to contend with, I assume they prioritized needs, doing First Thnigs first and leaving Second Things for later. I wonder whether Ricoh decided the custom Flu Card is a way to:
  1. Hold down the final price of the camera while allowing those who want the feature(s) to pay for them as an accessory
  2. Reduce engineering cost of Wi-Fi and the other features by licensing some of the tech and co-developing with Flu engineers the Pentax content.
  3. Get a half-step into the current camera right now while working on in-camera technology for a later release.