Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The space required is minimal, since the SD memory and plastic case would not be required. Not much in there after those elements are removed.

As to the speed of the card, whatever the current speed of the FLU card, by putting the tethering on the SD card, Pentax effectively froze the speed and size of the card at the capabilities which FLU puts on the card in 2013-2014, and no WiFi card I have ever seen was the largest or fastest available even at the time. Even if it were, it would likely be surpassed quickly by new offerings. Tying two unrelated functions is usually a problem.
Since I'm not an engineer I can't rebut your argument. I'm sure there is some legitimate business reason the Ricoh / Pentax product manager would select an imperfect solution as a half-step to get quasi-Wi-Fi into the camera. I'm confident they are reasonably smart, motivated businessmen. If they haven't moved forward with this technology by the next realease I'll be more concerned.

10-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #47
Veteran Member

I really like the idea of panoramic assist mode even with camera attached to a nodal slide on a tripod ,, I want to be able to capture a scene with minimum amount of shots either vertical or horizotal images and be able to view the jpeg result on camera or using the tethering on a tablet.
10-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
Pentaxian

As mentioned in another thread, the regulatory demands of Wi-Fi communications are specific for different jurisdictions. You get into radio frequency issues. The card manufacturers deal with, or have dealt with these. So Ricoh decided to let them worry about that, and focus on the camera functionality.
11-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #49
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OK had the K-3 for half a day:

I would like the meter mode button just to cycle through the three options on successive pushes, rather than (or as well as) being a hold down and rear edial combo.

Can I have level display back as an option on the Fx.

11-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #50
Inactive Account

Another new K-3 owner voting to have the electronic level restored as an option for the Fx button. I use/used that constantly.
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Allow mechanical SR for video. They implement it in the K-5 but not in the K-3? They decided to use the K-01 digital SR?
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #52
Col
Veteran Member

Live view... AF focus whilst zoomed in, back please, and a fast way to recentre the Live view focus area.

Catch in focus.
When this option is set, need the in body focus type to default to AF.S and not MF (when a manual lens or a Len's switch set to MF) At present the body being in MF prevents the AF button from driving focus nor the IR remote being able to prime the camera for focus trapping.

Last edited by Col; 11-04-2013 at 04:39 AM.
11-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #53
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
and a fast way to recentre the Live view focus area
When you're in Select focusing mode in Live View and are moving the focus area around (white square with the arrows on all sides), pressing the Green button recentres the focus square.
11-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #54
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bogartist Quote
When you're in Select focusing mode in Live View and are moving the focus area around (white square with the arrows on all sides), pressing the Green button recentres the focus square.
Oh yes page 47... and the icon is pretty obvious
11-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@Col - Pretty sure that is how every previous Pentax DSLR has implemented CIF. Focus selector had to be in AFS and lens had to be either fully manual or the switch set to manual.

Jack
11-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I would like to have some more controll over the interval movie recording.

- Why is there no option for a 1 second interval (where there is on the K-01)?
- Making the interval selectable with a dial would be great. So not just the presets off 2, 5, 10 or 20 seconds and on, but really selectable, it is just a timer. With steps off one second, we could also choose 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25.... and so on intervals in seconds between every shot.

Maybe an update to the K-01/K-30/K-50 to give them the 4k interval movie.
Ron - I just had a look at the interval shooting timing selector on my new K-3. There is one second resolution available.

Jack
11-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #57
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
@Col - Pretty sure that is how every previous Pentax DSLR has implemented CIF. Focus selector had to be in AFS and lens had to be either fully manual or the switch set to manual.

Jack
Indeed you had to be in AFS. My point is the camera goes into MF... and it is not an option to change it. That was why I'm asking for it to go to AFS if the Catch-in-focus is option is set to yes.
11-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't seem logical to me to enable AFS while using CIF. You are setting a focus point manually and then either waiting for a subject to walk into the focal plane or moving the focal plane physically to trigger the shutter when focus in achieved. So I can see why Ricoh did it this way.

Jack
11-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #59

Finally got my pre-ordered body today. I just wish some buttons would take a more direct path to items like they did on the K-5. Examples-

I've assigned the RAW/FX button to bring up the exposure bracketing dialog and I frequently switch between this and the self timer. On the K-5, the option "cursor" defaults at the top level of navigation making it quick & easy to switch betwen the various options:

On the K-3, it seems to default to the deepest level of navigation. So- if I want to navigate from exposure bracketing to self timer, I have to click UP->UP->LEFT->LEFT. On the K-5, this was just LEFT->LEFT.

Also, when in playback mode, I like to cycle through the various options by pressing the INFO button. On the K-3, this bring up a list of choices and you have to scroll to which one you want. I want this to return to continual INFO button presses to cycle through the various modes.
11-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #60
Forum Member

Dreaming about more Users modes...
on K5 i've got 5 Users and it was'nt enough so just 3 is really not enough !!!