Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
01-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
My wish is for a JPEG photo effect called: Graduated Neutral Density Filter

It works like this: 3 parameters:

1. upper limit 20-90% in increments of 10, representing the vertical point in the image above which the max EV compensation will be applied
2. lower limit 10-80% in increments of 10, representing the point below which the EV compensation = 0 (must be lower than setting 1)
3. EV compensation -1 to -5 representing the EV compensation applied at the maximum (-1 being the lowest, -5 the highest) value.

This would provide for a range of transition, above which the EV compensation is max, and below with it is 0.

The upper and lower limits (i.e. transition range) would be displayed on the LCD screen in Live View by horizontal lines.
Use RAW? I personally wouldn't mind if they removed JPEG support altogether. There was a Sigma DSLR without JPEG support

01-24-2014, 02:08 AM   #92

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Can't you just touch the ISO button and change the ISO while the Av and Sv stay the aame? You have to use the optical preview lever - hold it open - while you are adjusting the ISO. I set up ISO adjust on the rear Dial, Shutter on the front and then Aperture is on the lens. Works just like a film camera (actually, like a Spotmatic). Green button then returns the camera to Program Line.
Unfortunately, that would require me growing a third arm. I specifically need this for this lens (that isn't me in the photo, just someone else using one). I have one hand on the focusing grip, the other on the remote, which is way at the front in order to support the lens. If I have more than two seconds to take a shot I consider it a luxury....

Novoflex 600mm Follow Focus | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

But I guess my main point is that it just irks me a bit that something that is possible on a Q body, which cost me €100 new from an authorised dealer, isn't possible on a body from the same brand that cost me €1299 new from an authorised dealer, while all it would take is a "select behaviour in Av mode" menu option.

Last edited by OJGoreng; 01-24-2014 at 02:42 AM.
02-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #93

I recently got a K-3 and K-50. I used a K-5 and K-r before this upgrade. One feature that I really like on Pentax DSLRs since the K-5(?) is the ability to save the RAW file from the last jpeg photo it made. This option doesn't seem to work for the K-3 and K-50 when in "Continuous shooting" mode, unlike the K-5 and K-r. I do wish they make a firmware upgrade for this.
02-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #94

QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
Here's my list to keep the Pentax/Ricoh engineers busy through Christmas:

Focus bracketing for focus stacking. (in camera stacking would be nice also but not strictly necessary) The number and extent of focus steps would be automatically set according to the initial focus distance, the aperture and focal length, as well as a user selectable overlap. I need this mainly for macro, but there are other situations where it would also be useful. Funnily enough Pentax have implemented the opposite of this in the Q, the so called blur control which is used to reduce depth of field. I more often find the need to increase depth of field rather than reduce it. It is possible to do focus stacking manually (and in fact I do it) but it can be really tedious and time consuming. The only difficulty I see is the fact that the K-mount does not provide focus distance information so one would either have to forego the automatic calculation of focus steps or else use some workaround (I have some ideas for such a workaround)

Release an API for the tethering rather than just a prepackged application.(Who knows, maybe they already plan to do that.
I would use focus bracketing for digitizing my Kodachrome slides, for film warp. This could also be implemented via a tethering App, if there was a documented API.

02-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Dual card options

One change I would like to see is that if you are shooting RAW to slot 1 and JPEG to slot 2 and the card in slot 2 fills up the camera won't let you continue taking pictures until you turn JPEG off or replace that card. I think it should notify you but not prevent further image taking.
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #96
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Painter Quote
One change I would like to see is that if you are shooting RAW to slot 1 and JPEG to slot 2 and the card in slot 2 fills up the camera won't let you continue taking pictures until you turn JPEG off or replace that card. I think it should notify you but not prevent further image taking.
This is not good.. thanks for the heads up....
02-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #97
Forum Member

Maybe "striping-like" writing on the two SD-Card slots?

IMG001 --> Card 1
IMG002 --> Card 2
IMG003 --> Card 1
IMG004 --> Card 2
IMG005 --> Card 1
IMG006 --> Card 2
IMG007 --> Card 1
IMG008 --> Card 2

Theoretically this should double writing speed thus taking half the time to flush the buffer.

"We'll sort them out back home" :-)

02-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #98
Veteran Member

Striping

I like that that would be a good option you would get a certain level of back up and yet get full capacity of your cards.

QuoteOriginally posted by wpompen Quote
Maybe "striping-like" writing on the two SD-Card slots?

IMG001 --> Card 1
IMG002 --> Card 2
IMG003 --> Card 1
IMG004 --> Card 2
IMG005 --> Card 1
IMG006 --> Card 2
IMG007 --> Card 1
IMG008 --> Card 2

Theoretically this should double writing speed thus taking half the time to flush the buffer.

"We'll sort them out back home" :-)
02-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would like to see front focus back focus in the plus minus 20 range to get all my lenses to work properly. This might be too much to ask but make it work back to the K10 camera body.