Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #16

Original Poster
Try here: http://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/en/operating-manuals-download.html

English direct PDF http://www.ricoh-imaging.eu/media/b8320cbe10de8415d32b5e0d641b6d19/K3-OPM-EN.pdf

10-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #17

CypherOz,

Thanks very much.

FrankOz.

PS: see we have the same surname!
10-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frankoz Quote
PS: see we have the same surname!
And live in the same metropolis
12-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does the wizard live there?

12-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
Site Supporter

He did until he took that balloon ride silly wiz!

QuoteOriginally posted by tzeentchiangod Quote
Reading the manual voids the warranty.
Glad to know that with certainty, I've always played it safe.. that fine print at the end hurts my eyes.
05-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #21

Photos: Albums
I have been trying to download a K-3 user manual prior to purchasing the camera. However, if Ricoh's customer support is not bothered about potential sales and cannot produce the appropriate manual in PDF format for prospective buyers, then I will transfer my forty years of loyalty to the Pentax brand over to Canon or Nikon; both of which have excellent provisions for prospective buyers.

I have heard that the manual supplied with the purchase of a K-3 is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Are there any K-3 owners who could possibly dispel that rumour?
05-30-2014, 06:09 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arp5792 Quote
I have been trying to download a K-3 user manual prior to purchasing the camera. However, if Ricoh's customer support is not bothered about potential sales and cannot produce the appropriate manual in PDF format for prospective buyers, then I will terminate my fourty years of loyalty to the Pentax brand over to Canon or Nikon; both of which, have excellent provisions for prospective buyers. <br />
<br />
I have heard that the manual supplied with the purchase of a K-3 is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Are there any K-3 owners who could possibly dispel that rumour?
The manual is suspiciously thin on a number of details. Hopefully a user will release a book sometime soon. In the old days I would have just posted it for you, but these days, I have no way to do that. I lost mine and keep the PDF version on my iPad.

I Just downloaded it from this page... I'm not sure what might be wrong at your end. The Pentax end works fine.

Operation Manuals Download : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING
05-30-2014, 06:19 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
cannot produce the appropriate manual in PDF format for prospective buyers, then I will transfer my forty years of loyalty to the Pentax brand over to Canon or Nikon; both of which have excellent provisions for prospective buyers.
Soldier on. A version of the K-3 manual is also available from Pentax / Ricoh UK:
Download operating manuals - RICOH IMAGING UK LTD.

05-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #24
Site Supporter

Ummmm...the manual is complete, but not exhaustive. My main beef is the lack of explanation regarding what many of the settings actually do. The camera is highly configurable and it would be nice if there were an advanced supplement to the manual. For potential buyers, I would suggest the first couple of sections describing the various controls as well as the table of contents. The page references in the PDF text are hyperlinked to the sections in the document. I would also suggest the index and appendices as good places to browse.

FWIW, there is an online book available. The author is highly regarded by many users on this site:

Pentax K-3 e-book

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-30-2014 at 07:10 AM.